It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Steam games on Linux 
Felix Rex

Post Steam games on Linux
So, I recently wondered just how many of my Steam games work under Linux, the reason being that I considered running Linux on a laptop instead of Windows. Reasons for that are hackability and pissing off the government/TSA/Border Patrol, but the main use of my laptop besides browsing the web and watching movies (both of which Linux can do), is playing Steam games.

Amazingly enough, there are websites for figuring it out. I used this one: http://steam.bravehost.com/. There was another one, but it wanted your steamid and password, which is ridiculous. If you hand out your Steam password to some 3rd party website, you deserve to get pwnt.

Anyway, I have 331 games, 103 of which work in Linux, and 32 of which are unknown (so maybe?). I've also apparently spent 211 days of my life playing Steam games. I wonder how much more sad that would be if it would include Star Wars the Old Republic. :roll:

BTW, that 103 Linux games actually includes stuff like Kerbal Space Program, XCOM, and SPAZ, so Linux really is a possibility for my laptop.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Steam games on Linux
Cool to hear. Didn't imagine it would be that many, to be honest. So i'm pleasantly surprised.

Btw, while I agree that entering your steam login details on ever random website seems like a bad idea, I've used quite a few third party websites that use the steam api (automated tf2 trading for one). Never been burned by it, and it tends to work pretty well. But yeah, always check if you're not being hustled first. :P

- Coach

Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]