It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
XCOM 2 
Minor Diety

Post XCOM 2
Since I think this is a game all of us are looking forward to, it was about time to make a thread for it.

This preview gets me pumped even more:

Satis, how is the long war going so far?

- Coach

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:05 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: XCOM 2
Xcom 2 preview with voiceover from Jake Solomon (lead designer). It's 50 minutes long but well worth the watching if you have some time to kill. It looks amazing, and the imrpovements and customization options seem really smart. Getting so pumped for this. May even...preorder. :O

- Coach

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 am
Stranger

Quote:
May even...preorder. :O

Who are you and where is our Ox :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:26 am
Felix Rex

I haven't played much Long War. It's been a busy few weeks. I'm excited for Xcom 2, but haven't had the time to look at those videos or anything. :roll: Too freaking busy! I guess it's a good thing. I did end up preordering Star Wars: Battlefront btw. That's a fun game. :twisted:

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I can see you're already at the zombie mission in the long war. So you must be progressing pretty well.

Are you digging it so far?

- Coach

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:31 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I'm really digging Long War. It's a lot more challenging. Having never played Enemy Within or Slingshot, there's a ton of new content, but I'm not sure what to attribute to Long War and what to attribute to the expansions.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Enemy Within (and definitely not Slingshot) doesn't change all that much, so I'm guessing you're mostly looking at changes by the Long War. It's an incredibly impressive mod. Probably one of the first things I'd point to if someone asked me about PC modding done right. :)

No spoilers, but the biggest changes Enemy Within introduced apart from a few missions/areas:

- Mech troopers
- Gene mods
- Exalt

Obviously Long War expands on all of these as well, but almost everything else is almost entirely Long War. The new classes, skill trees, nationalities, voice packs, squad sizes, game progression, the enemy's tech progression, and so forth.

- Coach

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:16 pm
Minor Diety

I've been binge watching some Xcom 2 clips and...and every change/addition I've heard about sounds absolutely amazing. I don't think I've been so excited for a game in years. :) I'd preorder it on Steam, if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't really offer me any sort of advantage...no discount, no tf2 items that can be sold for a quick buck. So since this isn't like the old days of brick and mortar stores with limited stocks, the only thing I'd realistically be doing is potentially fuck myself if the game turns out to be a massive fail after all. But I'm really not anticipating that. :)

One of the more fun parts I heard during this presentation (I skipped right to it for your convenience)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCNOTJuDmXs&t=30m23s

So...if you want to enter the name of that douchebag at work as a target, or if we want to enter all the CK peeps into one pool to draw soldiers, mechanics and scientists from we can do it. Sweeeet.

- Coach

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:10 am
Felix Rex

Well, that is actually really cool. Even without the export capability, keeping your customized characters from game to game is awesome. Exporting just kicks it up a notch. We should definitely make a CK team... though our numbers seem to be dwindling some. :roll:

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

GameSpot -- 9/10

IGN -- 9.3/10

PC Gamer -- 94/100

Polygon -- 9/10

Eurogamer -- Essential

GameInformer -- 9.5/10

Metacritic is 9,1 at the time of posting.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:45 am
Minor Diety

RPS also gave it a heary endorsement as an improvement upon the already great original in almost every way.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... ore-344583

Yeah, I'm gonna have to buy this at launch I think. Shall we exchange characters guys? :P

- Coach

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:35 am
Minor Diety

Also, the guys begind the Long War made some launch day mods (they worked together with Firaxis for them). More here

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... -war-mods/

Jake Solomon = pure awesome

- Coach

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 am
Felix Rex

Just read a review on Ars that was mostly positive as well. The few minor gripes they have (like fucking up the beginning game can screw you long term) are things I can live with. I won't be buying it on launch though. Sorry guys. I'm too broke to drop that kinda scratch at the moment.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No worries, I won't judge or spoiler you. But I did just preload the whole freaking 30 gig download. :O So you may have to cope with my gushing, if my PC can work the game. :roll:

If you really want to, I can give you a long term steam loan Satsi. :lol: I buy Xcom 2 for you now, if you promise to buy me an AAA game at full (similar) price in the distant future when you have cashflow. :P

- Coach

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:09 pm
Felix Rex

lol, I do see that you bought the game and played it for an amazing 0.1 hours so far. :mrgreen: Probably working, to be fair. Anyway no, please don't buy me the game. I need to build a new computer... this thing is ancient. And I have enough games to tide me over. I do appreciate the offer, though.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next