It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Elden Ring 
Minor Diety

Post Elden Ring
Some Elden Ring printscreens

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat May 28, 2022 4:12 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Elden Ring
Oh, that game's prettier than I expected. I'm not a huge fan of "get your face handed to you" games, but maybe I'll pick that one up on sale at some point. :mrgreen:

Sun May 29, 2022 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I actually finished Elden Ring without cheesing or getting help from a friend btw. After many a moment of banging my head against a wall over and over and over again haha.

I think I spent 20 hours on just beating the final boss and the optional hardest bosses, compared to like 60 on the entirety of the rest of the game. It really is an incredible game if you have the stomach for the learning curve and punishment. The only thing I hated about it was the fact that it can be very opaque. There is no journal, not even a record of your conversations. Directions are frequently vague. The basics of the game systems are explained but to understand them properly you'll need to read up online as there is very little information in the game itself. And even though the 'save points' (more like respawn points, since you can still lose your XP if you die) tend to be relatively frequent, sometimes the placement is unfortunate. Like when it's a few minutes running away from a game-essential boss fight and you need to run it over and over again to try the boss fight again and learn the boss' move set. Bleh.

Otherwise an amazing game, without the quest marker map spam and other filler nonsense you see in other AAA games these days. They just went a bit too far in their efforts to make it a very clean experience.

- Coach

Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:27 am
Minor Diety

Trailer for Elden Ring's expansion just dropped and it's siiiiick.

- Coach

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]