It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
What are you playing now? 
Minor Diety

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Hahaha I think the biggest difference is that J has kids and has a modest obligation of spending time with them. I'm sure it gives a sort of fulfilment that getting tanked and playing games can't give. Not that I would know. :P Can't say I'm too unhappy with my lifestyle.

J, when will your kids be old enough to play games with you without sucking bad? I know that they will overtake and crush you within a few years from that point, so you better enjoy the few years you got on them. ;-)

Just played and finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Loved almost everything about it - the jokes, the characters, the story, the combat. Just some slow animations, but otherwise it was ok. I'm a pretty big South Park fan anyway but even so...good stuff.

- Coach

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm
Minor Diety

Well my kids are 6 and 8 now (will soon be 7 and 9), so they can play games on a decent level, especially the oldest one.

Example:
Since they were playing Clash Royale and you can't block chat there, i sacrificed myself to start playing it myself on my mobile phone. If you don't know the game, it's a strategic game where you place units with different characteristics on your side of the arena and try to destroy your opponent's crown towers. If you want to label it: a RTS/MOBA game.

The youngest one is doing well for his age, probably because he has a kind of reckless style :P
The oldest one actually has more trophies now than i (ever) had, although we're around the same number. So that 'overtake and crush' moment isn't that far off.
(if you happen to know the game, he's in arena 11, if you don't have any insight in the game, you never get there, even with highest lvl units)

Glad to make you feel young Satis :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:33 am
Minor Diety

Haha yea 9 is probably just about getting there...we shouldn't forget that these kids have grown up with tech from birth. When I was 10, mobile phones were a rarity, and even home computers were a luxury. These days if you have access to a phone or tablet (and if your parents aren't super poor or total luddites you will), you can play games. And it's a lot easier to learn at 9 than at 36, I'll tell you. :cry:

- Coach

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Minor Diety

I've been obsessed with The Long Dark for a month or two, just coming down from the binge. :P The story mode was shit but the survival mode kept me going for so long. Now I kinda ran out of goals so I'm getting bored...unless I can find a new goal to work towards I think I'm done with it. Anyone else play it?

- Coach

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:24 pm
Minor Diety

Burned out on the Long Dark and moved on to some other games...not sure yet which one I'll focus on for now, but:

- Continued my BG2 game and made it to Throne of Bhaal now. It feels a bit more like playing a 'new game' than the original, which I must have played through 20+ times easily. Throne of Bhaal probably only a few times.

- Kona : sort of a first-person detective game in a small town up in the frozen Canadian wastes set in the 70s...the premise is interesting, and it's still captivating me for now, but I get annoyed by the clunky controls already. We'll see if I'll continue.

- Beholder: This one is a bit strange in terms of setup: you're the landlord of a building in a totalitarian state and have to spy and report on your tenants to the government. I only just started, but I guess the conflict will likely be on the choice between being a good person or saving your own ass (and how that affects your loved ones). Interesting art style and premise, for sure.

- What Remains of Edith Finch: started this last night and well...it's grabbed me from the 1st hour. Looking forward to putting some more time into it. I can't really describe the game very well so far, as it's not even clear what genre it is. But it's already...interesting.

- Coach

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:14 am
Felix Rex

I have not player the long dark. Maybe. I'm not sold on the graphics, but who knows.

I pretty much stopped playing 7 days to die. Just got bored of it.

Been playing Witcher 3. I'm like 120 hours in. I completed the main storyline and have started the Heart of Stone expansion. This is a really good game. It took me a little while to get into it, but I'm definitely fully invested at this point. I think it probably took 30-50 hours for me to really get into it. Having said that, 120 hours is a long time. Though I definitely plan on finishing heart of stone and blood and wine, I'm looking forward to moving on to something else.

Still playing World of Warships. It's fun to jump in and blow up some people.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Saw you were playing Vermintide...I heard it's kind of like a fantasy (Warhammer) L4D. Is this true? Is it fun?

Because there is a Vermintide 2 which might be fun to play with you guys, if so. 8-)

- Coach

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:58 pm
Stranger

Finished Mass Effect Andromeda. Was ok, definitely above average and I quite enjoyed it. Went with female protagonist this time.

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Was ok.

Started Mafia 3. So far ok.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:28 am
Felix Rex

Just finished Witcher 3. It's a great game, but man... it's way too long. There're too many inconsequential and repetitive side missions in it that I get sucked into due to my OCD nature. I'm at 161 hours played... I think 70 or so would've been plenty. Still... it is a very good game. I'm sad there won't be any more.

I did play Vermintide as it somehow ended in my inventory and I'd been eyeing Vermintide 2. I'm not sold on it. You can play with bots or people just like l4d, which already is a bit of a barrier to entry. But there are also additional mechanics at play that are not ever explained... like you can level up, there's some sort of forge... you loot gear... but I don't understand how any of that works and it's not at all explained in game. I played one mission and it took about 45 minutes, which makes it a bit more than something you can play casually. So.. I dunno. Underwhelmed right now.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Peltz, are you taking a class in morse code or something? :-D Re: ME Andromeda, is there any sort of link to the original trilogy? Just wondering how much overlap there was. Keep me posted on Mafia 3. I'm a huge fan of the original Mafia, and a solid appreciator of Mafia 2. So hope three is good too.

Sad to hear Vermintide isn't an instant win for you Satis, would have been nice to have a L4D style game we can play together. :) Maybe I need to find me a gf who likes games and we can do double zombie killing dates, or summit. Let me know if it picks up.

Been playing quite a few games recently myself. Left reviews on my steam page which no one ever reads, but I won't repeat myself so I'll just do it Peltz style here:

Kona: good, but with major issues
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corner of the Earth : had a great vibe and was really getting into it, but still too bugged to enjoy. Shame. Didn't finish it.
Day of the Tentacle remastered: funny, great remaster, great art. But virtually unplayable without a walkthrough, 90s adventure game logic. :-(
Or Else Heart.Break() : Bounced off it because it didn't communciate well about what to do or how to play the game. Maybe if I had a basic idea of coding I would have had a better time with it. Didn't finish it.
What Remains of Edith Finch: beautiful, enjoyed it quite a bit. But short, and a bit inconclusive.
Beholder: interesting game (you play the caretaker of an apartment building in a totalitarian state), with great ideas and pretty addictive. But some bad design decisions and repetitive.

- Coach

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:36 pm
Felix Rex

I actually stumbled on your Steam profile recently and read your review of Edith Finch. I'm not into games like that, so wasn't really interested... but people do read it... occasionally. Randomly.

Been playing Battletech. By the same people that did the Shadowrun reboot, btw. It's pretty good. There're some issues with difficulty, but overall I'm really enjoying it. It's tactical mech combat... you take 4 mechs in to do missions for money or loot or rep (or a combination) and slug away at baddies. There's of course more to it, but that's the meat. If you liked X-com (and I know you do), you'll probably like this game. There's a patch coming out to address some of the difficulty issues... the biggest problem is the wide variability. Missions are rated in skulls from 1-5, 1 being easy, 5 being hard. But you can pick up a 3.5 skull mission and it's 2 mechs and ridiculously easy, then pick up another 3.5 skull mission and you're fighting 9 65+ ton mechs. That just happened to me... luckily I was going in overpowered with a strong pilot in a 90 ton mech, so I was able to win, but it was a bit touch and go.

I also picked up some more Assassin's creed games. I kinda feel obligated to play em all at this point. I've started on Freedom's Cry, but ugh... seems so grindy. I suspect that when I go back to it, I'll be playing just the story missions and ignoring all the side crap.

Sun May 06, 2018 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Finished Mafia 3, was ok.

Combat: 4 of 5
Driving: 3,5 of 5
Story: 2 of 5
Side activities: 1 of 5

I'll start with the driving. It's average or slightly towards bad until the small red roadster is unlocked. Its fast and maneuverable and totally shows how bad one is at driving, I even got myself killed couple of times with a huge crash. The other cars work but are nothing spectacular.

I liked combat. Take two close blasts from shotguns and it's RIP, even with a vest. I like the stealth mechanics and overall feel of it. It's not too deep but will totally kick ones ass if not careful.

Story. Nothing spectacular. The only part I liked was the ending.

Side activities are total shit. Nothing more to say on that.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 06, 2018 11:34 am
Felix Rex

good to know. I've been contemplating buying that game for a while. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

Tue May 08, 2018 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I always liked the Mafia games, but I don't see myself spending more than 7 euros on this one either. Thanks for the review Peltz. :)

Funny that you're playing BattleTech Satis, for some reason most of my (older) gaming friends are all up in that shit now. :) I'm guessing it's the Mechwarrior connection for you too? Yeah, I've heard good things from all of them, sounds great. I might wait a bit for them to patch out the worst stuff but definitely giving it a try some time.

Btw:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... speed-fix/

- Coach

Fri May 18, 2018 3:42 pm
Felix Rex

Yea.. it hasn't quite gotten to the point where all the silly animations make me want to strangle someone, but it's getting there. Especially when you have 4 of your own mechs, plus 4 allied turrets, plus 3 allied vehicles, fighting 8 enemy mechs and 4 enemy vehicles. That gets... ponderous.

I think I'm near the end game. I got the usual "there's no turning back" type message for a mission, so I took a break and am traipsing about the galaxy killing things in search of loot (mostly in the form of bigger mechs).

Sun May 20, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next