It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
What are you playing now? 
Minor Diety

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Just to resurrect this thread a bit...

After my Star Wars movie binge I decided to reinstall KOTOR 2 with the (now finished) content restoration mod. I'll let you know if it's still fun. :)

- Coach

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:45 am
Felix Rex

I can't play older games. The graphics make me cringe. :/

To stay with the theme of the thread:

- I'm playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (mmo) probably 2-3 times a week. I'm the guild master on the Republic side now, which means it's as much work as fun, so I'm less interested in playing it every day. All it takes is one person to whine to me about something to really reduce my enjoyment.
- I'm playing Xcom: Enemy Within Long War more than anything else, because it's fun. Lots of reloading still as I tackle missions I maybe shouldn't be doing at my gear level. :roll: I think all the incessant reloading is actually helping me hone my tactics, though.
- Star Wars Battlefront I play when I feel like some online ass kicking. It's a fun game, but the community is toxic. I wish there was a way to turn off chat entirely. I can try to ignore it, but that doesn't always work, especially if I'm drinking. ;)
- Kerbal Space Program is currently my go-to game when I game at work, since it's on my laptop and doesn't require an internet connection. That's for days where I'm not working out at lunch.

I've got quite a few games installed and partially finished. I'm right at the end of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I think. I'm wrapping up side missions, need to do the bonus campaign thing, and then I'm in the last few missions, I think. This game was a lot of fun, so I'm loathe to complete it without dominating all available content. I may keep playing this until I can afford to buy every single shop and landmark. For now, it's on hold. I also have Revelations installed, I think, but I won't start that until I finish Brotherhood.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
- I'm playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (mmo) probably 2-3 times a week. I'm the guild master on the Republic side now, which means it's as much work as fun, so I'm less interested in playing it every day. All it takes is one person to whine to me about something to really reduce my enjoyment.
-

Sounds like you finally managed to simulate what it's like to be a supervisor of others. :lol: On a more serious note, I'd find it hard to enjoy a game anymore if I had administrative duties in it.

Still playing Kotor 2. Was out of the country for Christmas but I'm back now, so planning to get some serious gaming in. :)

- Coach

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:08 pm
Minor Diety

Haven't played anything in ages. Bought CoH2 (some kind of complete mega edition) the other day. Not sure when i'll find a quiet moment to play though :S

Other than that, i've been keeping my eye on the Realism mod for Rome 2 Total war. I still haven't bought or played R2 yet given how the series has gone on a downward spiral, and i'm happy I still haven't. Reading some reviews about it, and it really isn't much better. It seems that the problem is with the engine, which is a different one to the M2TW one. Unit collision and stuff simply doesn't happen in the new engine.

Anyway, the Realism mod isn't even released yet, so i shall hold fire still.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:47 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, don't play the modern TW games until there are some really big and stable mods out...I haven't played RTW2 myself but I've heard from a few friends that it's got some pretty glaring issues in its vanilla form.

As for CoH2...recently played CoD1 and it stood up very well for its age. Hope you find some time and have fun with it. :)

- Coach

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:37 am
Felix Rex

I'm playing SWTOR still on and off, sometimes once a week, sometimes 3-4 times. :roll: I managed to sprain my knee recently, so playing games and watching movies/tv are pretty much the only things I can do for the time being. Blech. I've also been playing Dying Light quite a bit, which is fun. It's almost like someone took Dead Island and got rid of the stuff that really sucked and brought the game down. Not that it doesn't have its issues, but it's pretty enjoyable.

Occasionally I'm still diving into XCOM Long War, but it really takes some dedication to want to sit down and play that, since it's so brutal.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Still playing XCOM2. Played some Broken Age part 2 as well, to counter some of the XCOM losing rage.

- Coach

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:16 am
Felix Rex

Heh. I've put almost 40 hours into Dying Light and if the % complete is accurate, I'm at like 33% or something. :o Yeesh. Occasionally that game can get a bit old, so I installed Wolfenstein last night. 40 gigabytes. Holy crap. I'm burned out on SWTOR again. :roll: I'm very seriously thinking about getting The Division when it comes out in a week and change, though. It may be time for a break.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

After XCOM2 I picked up Broken Age again (the adventure game from the Double Fine kickstarter)...and dropped it after an hour or 2. Just couldn't get into the puzzles. The art and writing was fun, but I kept getting stuck and didn't know what to do, so I went fuck it...got enough games to play. Is now in my "not fun" folder on Steam. :P

After that I played another Kickstater product called Aviary Attorney. It wasn't a long game or a technically complex game, but I really enjoyed it. The use of the art work, the music, the humor (and even the serious parts)...enjoyed them all. Which surprised me a little.

- Coach

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:52 am
Felix Rex

Lol, aviary attorney.

I finished Dying Light, btw. It's a good game, but I think it's too long. I was probably at around 50 hours in. I did most of the side quests, with the exceptions of some of the "kill x" and all of the running/racing competition stuff, because that's no fun. At any rate, it started getting kinda boring 35 or so hours in. A bit repetitive. I mean, it's a decent story,but I'm a bit of a completionist, so I did all the legit side story missions. However, they tend to be the same sort of thing over and over again. Still... fun game mostly.

I will say the very end of the game was terrible. From stupid quick time event, to stupid story twist, it was an extremely annoying ending to a mostly good game.

Specifically, there's a quick time event where you're dodging Rais trying to kill you with a machete. Instead of, you know, having a real fight like I'd been wanting for almost the whole game. Then, in a cut, he begs you to kill him and you say no... turn your back, and he almost kills you again. Really? Even though you beheaded his 2nd in command somewhat earlier in the story because you don't want loose ends. Lamezor.

Anyway, working on Wolfenstein mainly. I find myself liking that game more and more. The Division is out tomorrow.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Glad you liked it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:15 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, thanks again for the gift man. It was a nice change of pace. I never did end up playing that cooperatively with anyone. *shrug*

I started up The Division today before work and created a character, then played the first mission and two side quests. I'm level 2 now and very much still figuring out the game. So far I like it, but I just don't have enough time in to give any serious feedback. It plays well on my crappy computer and I like the environmental details. I don't know if the post-apocalyptic New York thing is going to get old after awhile or not.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wrote this whole post about Sunless Sea and what I thought about it, but I was logged out while writing it and CK ate it when I tried to post. :P So, in short...

Game with great ideas and a lot of really cool stuff, but with frustrating design choices messing up a lof of the fun. Would recommend to some people, but not to most. The end. :P

- Coach

Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:24 pm
Stranger

I didn't like it either.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:58 pm
Minor Diety

It's not so much that I didn't like it, but that the game is deeply flawed as a "game'".

I hope that they can make a more fun game when they do their next project, but can keep the same atmosphere and writing. I love the setting of the "underground sea" and Fallen London too.

- Coach

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next