It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
What are you playing now? 
Minor Diety

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Fair enough yeah :P

I already moved my desktop but not myself yet, so I'm on my laptop. Started playing Opus Magnum which is fun, but it's already causing me problems and it's only chapter 1 out of 7 or so. Hard to imagine I'll make it to the end. :lol:

- Coach

Fri May 12, 2023 9:10 am
Felix Rex

Yea, i've stopped forcing myself to complete games I don't enjoy. Space Pirates and Zombies 2 will probably never happen. Same with Sunset Overdrive. They're just not fun for me (for different reasons). I'm still playing Ark, breeding creatures needed to complete the Aberration map. I'm also still playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, where I'm probably 50-60% through the main campaign, with most of the side stuff still left. Oof... I'll probably be playing that game until Christmas.

Thu May 18, 2023 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Turns out I'm smarter than I gave myself credit for :roll: I beat Opus Magnum after shedding some blood, sweat and tears but I did almost always enjoy it. :)

I've got my desktop up and running again too and just started Darkest Dungeon 2, a game I'd look forward to forever. But it's pretty hard to get into it so far...so many different layers of systems that make me feel like they're just there to inrease the timesink. Me no likey. Let's hope the base game mechanics are still sold enough to want to keep playing the game!

In between those two I played the DLC for The Case of the Golden Idol (so much fun) and the horror adventure The Excavation of Hob's Barrow (really good Victorian psycholigical horror adventure). :)

- Coach

Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:53 am
Stranger

Finished BG3, see other topic. Bought Xenonauts2, turns out there is only 25% of the full game. It is early access and that which is there works fine, no bugs (other than aliens) and I think I only had 1 ctd. Somehow missed the 25% when bought it. Bought Icarus, a game similar to ARK. Not gonna recommend that, Feels more like work than game. Zero Sievert was fairly enjoyable indie game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:14 pm
Felix Rex

I finally finished Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I probably should've quit a while ago... since I bought the "everything and the kitchen sink" edition I got a bunch of the DLCs and add-ons, but most of those really boiled down to boring and/or grindy stuff. By the time I finished the Siege of Paris DLC I was done. So... it's gone. Finally.

I'm now playing Watch Dogs legion, another large, open world game by Ubisoft that probably has too much boring and/or repetitive content. :roll: So far I'm actually enjoying it. Being able to recruit random people on the street is kind of neat. I recruited a transient for the hell of it and I plan on recruiting a sex worker, again for the hell of it. I doubt this game will take me anywhere near as much time as AC: Valhalla to finish, though.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good luck with Legion. Niall loved 1 & 2 but borrowed Legion from a friend. He didn't finish it. The couple of people I've spoken to said the same thing; the concept is very cool with recruiting people but a) they end up very repetitve and b) you realise only one 'class' is worth using. I hope you continue to enjoy it though.

I haven't even gone near Valhalla. I dislike the rpg direction the franchise has taken. Niall enjoyed Odyssey, I haven't even played that yet. We both hated Origins. Valhalla put me off just seeing the trailers and talks about it which is very annoying as I grew up near York so we studied a lot about the viking invasion and settlements at school and seeing it in-game sounds fun. I might get it cheap sometime just to give it a try.

I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment, jumping on the jade bandwagon! Trying to finish Sea of Stars; still enjoying it but I had a gap while away and I'm just struggling to get back into it regularly. Nothing else is really appealing at the moment so I'm flitting between Ark and UO. Went on the Sims for about 10 mins the other day.

I did enjoy Fae Farm while I was on holiday. Sort of Stardew Valley with a bit of Animal Crossing thrown in. More 'cosy' than most cosy games; there's still a little grind but for example it's much easier to get your first tool upgrades than in most farming games. Worth a peek if you want something more relaxing. The combat is simple yet fun too in the mines.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, I'm not too much into the relaxing farming-type games. Besides, my backlog is insane. I think next on the list after Watch Dogs is going to be Horizon Zero Dawn. Have you ever played Death Stranding? I picked it for free at some point on Epic, but I have no idea if it's worth the time to even install it.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Death Stranding is pretty much unlike anything else out there. It doesn't quite classify as horror game not a shooter nor a sim/builder but it has elements from all. I definitely suggest playing it. It's so unlike a western game but it's not a massive asian grind as well, though there is some grind. You'll either like it or hate it, there is no middle ground for this one.

I played it years ago and it left quite an impression. I can still recall most stuff about the game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:38 am
Minor Diety

I think we all have an insane backlog :D One reason I'm glad that few new games are sparking my interest. Unfortunately I'm still not getting round to the older ones though haha.

Horizon Zero Dawn is more of the same if you played the original, really good game still and well worth it.

I'll be curious to see if you do play Death Stranding. It sounds... intriguing but also not somehow. Kojima certainly always comes up with something unique but that doesn't necessarily mean good! I don't know anyone who has played it so I've only see the bad review headlines and I tend to ignore most reviews anyway. Unless it's saying something just doesn't actually work then it's all subjective anyway. If you got it for free then what harm can it do to install and try it out?

Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I played Death Strading for a short while, then ended up running out of time to game and haven't fired it up again. Probably won't remember the controls by now.

It is .. different as pointed out above here, but it definitely has it's charm.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:30 pm
Felix Rex

Alright, sounds like Death Stranding is on the list then. Thanks for the input guys.

So, Horizon Zero Dawn isn't the first, followed by Horizon Forbidden West or something? If there is a game preceding it, I haven't played it. :P We'll see how it goes. I just read some really glowing reviews about the game, so picked it up on sale. Jeez, I sound like Ox.

Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I think zero dawn is the first one and west is the expansion. I think Pev got them mixed. Anyway, there's some good writing in that game on those journals you find in ruins. They tell the last moments and thoughts of people knowing the inevitable end is coming. All in all I enjoyed my time in that game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:21 am
Minor Diety

Yep basically just assumed it was the second since the first has been out for so long. I forgot which one is which. Not played them myself. But they are good games from watching Niall play. So just get them both :P

Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Alright, cool, thanks guys. So Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding are now on my list. Those will probably carry me through 2025 at the rate I'm going. :roll:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Someone gifted me Warhammer 40k: Boltgun and I'm making good progress in it. It's a retro shooter set in the 40k universe and so far has been very enjoyable without being special. I generally like these kinds of retro FPS games but this one hasn't really gotten its hooks in me so far (but then I'm also not a huge 40k nerd).

- Coach

Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next