It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
What are you playing now? 
Stranger

Post Re: What are you playing now?
The curse of London then. Hellgate London was like the biggest hype failure of all time. I mean the videos and artwork were spectacular and then the disaster of a game was released.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:38 am
Minor Diety

The biggest hype failure of all time is still Daikatana, but only because back then we were all young and optimistic and naive. And very happy to become John Romero's bitch.

- Coach

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:58 am
Minor Diety

I started playing The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and tried it for an hour or so, but I completely bounced off it. It was interesting enough (the setup), but the actual execution left me wanting. I felt that there was very little sense of direction and the 'instructions' were rather obtuse. So I bailed and banned it to my "not fun" folder in my Steam library. :P See Alan Wake for a game about dark mysteries in a faraway mountain town done right.

Then I tried my hand at FEAR 3, which had been in my library since forever. Being a big fan of the first 2 FEAR (F.E.A.R.) games, I digged the game, but not as much as the first two. The story is well presented (they even have a coop mode which looked interesting, but I played solo) and the gunplay is still tight, but it all felt a bit clunkier than the first two games for some reason. Not sure if it was just my impression or reality, but eh. One or two BS fights, and I hate the ability to only hold 2 weapon types at a time (a sign of consolitis), but it was all decent enough overall. Solid enjoyment for a few hours.

- Coach

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:43 pm
Stranger

I actually played and finished Civ4 Colonization. There is a mod out there that makes it much better than vanilla.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:57 pm
Minor Diety

Which mod is that Peltz?

I haven't played games so much lately since I'm having some trouble with my left eye (and headaches), so seeing a doctor for that tomorrow.

But I've been slowly playing the Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers remake. It's really still pretty great, apart from the usual old-school adventure game nonsense trappings. Like, you need to have visited place X to trigger Y to arbitrarily advance the story. Or the 'use hamster on police car to trigger a jailbreak' kind of nonsense. Still, I just use a walkthrough every time I hit a logical dead end I enjoy the story, characters and art regardless. It's pretty good stuff.

- Coach

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:49 am
Stranger

It's called TAC as for The Authentic Colonization. Currently grinding through Men of War AS2 at highest difficulty. It takes lots of time but I kinda figured out how. The ai still cheat horribly but its become manageable.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:31 am
Felix Rex

I'm playing The Division. I've completed pretty much all the end game stuff, so I'm just mainly working on gear and getting other people I play with geared. Eventually we'll probably play the really high end stuff for a bit, then I'll get bored and move on to something else. We'll see if they release the paid expansions before then. *shrug*

I'm kinda burned out on gaming right now. There's not much I'm really excited about. I do plan on getting a VR rig put together over the next 3-4 months. That may change my perspective.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong and bought the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe edition for a few bucks and have modded it to the extreme. :roll: Took me half a day but I now have a really great looking game with lots of fancy and improved stuff...I boot with like 25 mods though. :D

- Coach

Mon May 02, 2016 2:58 am
Felix Rex

What, you didn't already own Oblivion? Jeez.

That reminds me, I have a lot of games I've been wanting to buy. Shadows of Mordor, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and probably a whole bunch more. Hopefully there's a summer sale in the near future. :roll:

Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Roughly 45 days i think.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon May 02, 2016 9:08 am
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
What, you didn't already own Oblivion? Jeez.

That reminds me, I have a lot of games I've been wanting to buy. Shadows of Mordor, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and probably a whole bunch more. Hopefully there's a summer sale in the near future. :roll:

Only on disk. :roll: And I never played the expansions. The whole package was 6 euros, so yeah...fuck it

- Coach

Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 am
Felix Rex

Peltz wrote:
Roughly 45 days i think.

Cool. I've been trying to play all those games in my Steam list that I've never installed and...omg... it's been a snoozefest so far. No wonder I haven't played those games. :roll: I try to give them a fair shake, but christ, I don't like side scrolling puzzle games. Sorry. And don't get me started on Cinder. :roll:

Wed May 04, 2016 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What the fuck is Cinder? :D

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation...working through my backlog and some games are either extremely underwhelming or just barely ok. Maybe there was a reason why I never played them before. :roll:

Currently playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but it has its issues...for one it likes to throw walls of text at you. Now, I'm not against working out a good narrative in a game (especially an RPG) but when the font is not so big and every dialogue is shown in the top right corner of your screen you start getting pretty fucking annoyed after a while. :?

The rest is ok though...like the characters, gameplay is ok, and the art is very nice. I also enjoy spending all my cash on giving my dwarf powerhouse all kinds of cybernetic limbs. :roll: He's got two cybernetic arms, one cybernetic leg, a torso implant, claws on his hands and a vision upgrade. Debating giving him a decker slot. Somehow being a cool hacker traversing the matrix doesn't fit in well with his character.

- Coach

Fri May 06, 2016 3:19 am
Felix Rex

At some point I'll pick up the rest of the Shadowrun games. I've still only played the first one, though I completed it... twice I think? I tried a third run, but couldn't do it. It was just too repetitive. Anyway, sometime.

I'm still playing the Division. I'm out of content to play, pretty much, but I'm hopeful the content will expand with time. I find the combat very enjoyable and the whole gear grind thing kind of appeals to me for some reason. We'll see if it stays fresh enough for me to keep caring. On a positive note, there's no monthly fee, so until the paid DLCs start dropping, I can always come back to it later.

Apparently the Witcher 3's last expansion is dropping at the end of the month. That should mean a version with all the DLCs bundled should come out... soonish? Probably Christmas, but whatever.

I'm not playing any other games at this time. I've given up on SWTOR. I should probably cancel my subscription, but I'm still partially wanting to play the story content that's come out over the last few months. Meh, we'll see.

And lastly, the new nvidia cards are showing up at the end of the month. Assuming they come out in decent volume, a new gaming rig is getting very, very close to a reality.

Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The original Shadowrun was ok, but Dragonfall is where it's at. If you haven't played that yet I'll buy you a copy during the inevitable summer sale. :P It's probably the best of the new wave of old-school RPG's I've played, overall.

I'm holding off on a sort of "GOTY" edition on the witcher 3 too...where I can play the game with all the additional content from the get-go. I don't really like open world games that add expansions that just add to the existing world. All too often you have to backtrack through a lot of old game or you're breezing through it because you're too high level. It also kind of retcons the existing world. I prefer it when the expansion forms a separate part of the game. Anyway, maybe I'll just look into some sort of season pass with all the expansions, who knows.

How much is the monthly subscription for TOR Satis? Just curious.

- Coach

Fri May 13, 2016 3:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next