It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next
What are you playing now? 
Felix Rex

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Oh no, i've never heard of it. Need to take a look.

Regarding early access... Kerbal Space Program convinced me that early access it fine. That game was amazingly awesome years before it was officially released.

I've been playing a lot of Satisfactory... it's fun in a weird way, if you like building efficient production lines and stuff. The game concept is different and the execution is mostly good. It is, however, still in early access.

Conan for me has pretty much died off, though I still have so many things I want to build. :( I've been considering going back to Ark... though I've also been considering setting up a dedicated server for it. I've also played quite a bit of Back4Blood with some friends. I like the game. It's a fun zombie shooter, but definitely better with people.

Sat May 21, 2022 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I go on and off with Ark. There's the new map coming in June so that'll get me back into it a lot. Who knows, I might actually go after a boss at some point. Still not done that yet and got over 600 hours played.

V Rising is a weird mix of Ark and Diablo in some ways. You have some combat skills and it's something of an isometric view but you can pan down to a more standard third person and turn the camera etc. You can build in it; your building has to have a 'heart' which must be powered by blood essence; if that runs out it will start to decay. I haven't done more than an hour or so on it but am just about to go explore some more now. You can gain skills from finding and feeding from particularly powerful boss creatures too.

Edit: Got my first 2 deaths. First one was getting cocky and not healing. True survival game, just as you think you're doing ok, it shows you you're wrong. I killed my first boss creature and got the ability to turn into a wolf. I built up my castle a little more and can now craft gothic stone walls. I then got smashed into the ground for my second death by some random brute. A treant made me run screaming. My castle now has vermin nests to entice in rats which I then put in my blood press :demon:

Sun May 22, 2022 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I recently bought 2 games. Wildermyth and Old World. Wildermyth is probably one of the best indie games I've played. It looks simplistic but it is quite deep and offers plenty of interesting developments during the journey. Old World on the other hand is a Civ game with some features added. First the big addition is the family tree and the second is resources like iron wood ore plus you get limited amount of orders which are used to move troops. This means if you have a large army you either move some of them over longer distances or more units over short distances, there wont be enough to move everybody over their full movement capability. In general its a bit more complex but all the problems of Civ are present. Will probably complete it once and then uninstall it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon May 23, 2022 1:06 am
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
I go on and off with Ark. There's the new map coming in June so that'll get me back into it a lot. Who knows, I might actually go after a boss at some point. Still not done that yet and got over 600 hours played.

V Rising is a weird mix of Ark and Diablo in some ways. You have some combat skills and it's something of an isometric view but you can pan down to a more standard third person and turn the camera etc. You can build in it; your building has to have a 'heart' which must be powered by blood essence; if that runs out it will start to decay. I haven't done more than an hour or so on it but am just about to go explore some more now. You can gain skills from finding and feeding from particularly powerful boss creatures too.

Edit: Got my first 2 deaths. First one was getting cocky and not healing. True survival game, just as you think you're doing ok, it shows you you're wrong. I killed my first boss creature and got the ability to turn into a wolf. I built up my castle a little more and can now craft gothic stone walls. I then got smashed into the ground for my second death by some random brute. A treant made me run screaming. My castle now has vermin nests to entice in rats which I then put in my blood press :demon:

I've seen some articles about V Rising and it sounded interesting. Is it multiplayer though? With strangers? Or is it like Terraria, solo but you can share a server with friends?

During the little free time I had the last months I mostly played Elden Ring. It's an amazing game, but also tough as nails and at times extremely frustrating. Definitely not for everyone. But I managed to beat it after many many tries agains the final boss (and the optional even harder bosses). :D Pretty proud of myself, given that I had no experience at all with the genre beforehand.

I'm not sure yet what I'll be playing next, but probably something a bit lighter. :P

- Coach

Sat May 28, 2022 4:04 am
Minor Diety

Go read my thread on it :P But you can choose, there's singleplayer (fully offline), you can set up your own dedicated server for friends (what I'm playing on) or there are official servers that I'll steer clear of.

Sat May 28, 2022 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Huh, V Rising sounds interesting. I may have to check it out. Never heard of it before you started playing.

I've been playing Quantum Break... I'm surprised this game didn't get more press. It's actually pretty good. I know Peltz played it too... what'd you think?

Played Satisfactory for a while (and set up a dedicated server) but now that I'm at the final tier of stuff, I'm getting a bit burned out by the grind. Grind is the whole point, but it's getting a bit excessive. I think I'll take a short break, then go back to it. I hear there's a major update coming as well.

Played Slay the Spire quite a bit... it's a card-based roguelike. I seem to always get my ass kicked sooner rather than later, even worse when I started trying to really play it properly. I don't expect I'll be playing it for a whole lot longer.

Also played more delta-v, rings of saturn. It's just relaxing. Fly around Saturn's rings, harvesting crap, upgrading ships, buying new ones, etc. It's fun to jump in and out of.

Been playing Back4Blood with some US friends. I enjoy it. Building out card decks and murdering zombies is good stuff. Unfortunately none of the guys I play with ever played left4dead, and certainly not to the level we used to. Maybe we'll get there eventually. :mrgreen:

Sun May 29, 2022 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quantum break was quite good.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 29, 2022 1:19 pm
Felix Rex

Completed Quantum Break. I shouldn't be surprised it kept some things ambiguous and unresolved, I guess. It's still a good game with a pretty engaging story. For anyone into shooters, I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

I tried playing Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition... apparently my gtx1080 doesn't meet minimum system requirements. :roll: I'll just save that for when I build my next computer, I guess.

Tue May 31, 2022 7:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I played an finished Mirror's Edge catalyst but had some serious issues with the way the game forced me into combat.

Tried to get into Control but couldn't do it. Then took a break from gaming and came back and started playing Surviving Mars and Tyrranny. Both look promising, especially Tyrranny!

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:00 am
Minor Diety

I played Tyrranny, don't recall why i lost my interest.

Playing Hitman now, enjoying it.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:30 am
Minor Diety

J wrote:
I played Tyrranny, don't recall why i lost my interest.

Playing Hitman now, enjoying it.

Which one? There are like 500 different versions by now. :D

- Coach

Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:17 am
Minor Diety

The 2016 one, so technically that's Hitman 1 in the newer series or something.

It was free on Epic at one point so i picked it up, trying to trim down the list of all those games, but it's pretty hopeless. :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:15 am
Minor Diety

If you're not playing Hitman like this you're doing it wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uJHlgkIb_s

Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

omg, that video is insane.

At one point I ended up picking up all the Hitman 1 DLC on sale. I've played a few maps in Hitman 2 (since you can port the maps forward) and then lost interest. I'll go back eventually. :mrgreen:

Mostly just playing Ark now.

Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
If you're not playing Hitman like this you're doing it wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uJHlgkIb_s

Hahaha loved this. I didn't know these VR games were THIS yanky. :P

I got the Hitman reboot for free during an Epic giveaway and tried it but couldn't get into it. I don't know why, the levels felt way too big and there were too many side things to do and I kinda got overwhelmed. It felt like your typical AAA bloat where they have to add in 50 different collectible trophies and lots of other padding to make the game longer so players feel like they got their money's worth. I could be wrong but the original Hitman games felt a lot "tighter", with a clearly defined mission area, goals and without too much extra stuff added. Just assassinate a target and get out, preferably unseen. The game did LOOK great though, I'll give it that.

Still playing Tyrrany and enjoying it. Otherwise been too busy to play much. :-(

- Coach

Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next