It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next
What are you playing now? 
Felix Rex

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Kenshi is a great game, but not very demanding graphically. I doubt you'll have issues. Hopefully you can get over the not-so-stellar graphics too. :roll:

Still playing world of warships. Picked up Astroneer again, but that'll likely fall out of favor soon. Kinda bored of Division 2 and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. Not sure what's on the horizon. I started playing Dishonored 2, but honestly, I'm just not very interested in it.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
Kenshi is a great game, but not very demanding graphically. I doubt you'll have issues. Hopefully you can get over the not-so-stellar graphics too. :roll:

I just told you I have been playing XIII (2003), Doom (1993) and System Shock 1 (1994). I think I'll be ok with less than stellar graphics from a 2019 game. :P

Dishonored 2 also failed to pull me in like its predecessor did. It's a great game in almost every way but it just didn't grab me like it should. Only when I played the expansion (death of the outsider) did it click for me again. I don't know what it is, or what made the expansion so much more enjoyable to play. But it really was a big difference for me.

- Coach

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:22 am
Minor Diety

Finished System Shock 1 and was pretty blown away by it. I mean, not by today's standards, but I was blown away by the fact that a game THAT old had so many innovative and revolutionary ideas in it. A cool and gripping story told through audio logs and documents, the ability to crouch, crawl and jump, dozens of different weapons with different firing modes and ammo, an inventory, many different enemy types, a completely interconnected space station in which you can (and have to) move from one floor to another regularly, many different abilities (suit upgrades) you gain as you progress like an energy shield, a flashlight, jump jets etc that all use the same energy pool (which also powers some weapons), restoration points, radioactive environments, stimulants that will make you temporarily faster/stronger/smarter/more perceptive, hacking minigames to open doors and hatches, a completely separate game-in-the-game cyberspace area that you can access through terminals in the physical world, automapping, the ability to add notes and markers to the map....it's INSANE! This game came out 1 year after the original Doom, too. :o

Probably will jump into System Shock 2 next, or maybe Disco Elysium. Also playing Pyre from the couch for more relaxed gaming. :-)

- Coach

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:52 pm
Minor Diety

As you could read in the other forum I have been playing and enjoying Disco Elysium lately, and for my 'lighter' gaming I have been obsessively diving into Enter The Gungeon. A roguelike shooter game in the vein of Binding of Isaac. A full game (assuming you manage to get that far) isn't more than 30 minutes long so it's perfect for gaming in between two things. It's a bullet hell game and pretty tough, but also really fun to play and a great challenge.

The whole game is gun-themed (as you can imagine) and there are so many awesome and crazy guns in there. It's glorious.

- Coach

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 am
Minor Diety

Still playing Enter The Gungeon but also played and finished System Shock 2 this weekend. An amazing game, just like its predecessor. Can't believe I didn't play it until now! It almost completely holds up btw despite being 20 years old. :o Yeah, the models look like shit but the gameplay, story and atmosphere are amazing, as is the level design. The are a few minor issues but nothing that would stop me from enjoying the game. Really really good stuff.

- Coach

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:10 am
Minor Diety

As you can tell the tempo with which I'm playing games has increased and I think it's obvious why. :P

Done everything I wanted to do in Enter The Gungeon, was a great game but I'm not a 100% completionist so not going to grind for the remaining achievements. I just played to see and beat all the actual challenges, ie bosses, and to unlock all the characters and beat their pasts.

Played and finished Thimbleweed Park which I enjoyed but didn't love. Started playing Vault of Heaven and even though it looked like something I would like (on paper) I bounced off it for now...I don't even really know why. Just didn't click.

I started 40k: Mechanicus and I loved the presentation and early gameplay, but it really chugged along on my laptop so I should probably save it for when I have access to a decent computer again. :-( Played the visual novel Eliza instead and it's great...it's about a future in which psychological counseling is performed by AI and machine learning and asks questions about its implications. Well worth a try. It's not a game though, really just an interactive novel.

- Coach

Sun May 03, 2020 5:20 am
Stranger

Bought and played some xcom chimera. Nope. Avoid.

Played Bard's Tale 4. Decent. Ongoing.

Played a campaign of Warhammer Total War 2. Decent. I did finish one play-through, never going back.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun May 03, 2020 9:04 am
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Bought and played some xcom chimera. Nope. Avoid.

Niall is interested if this ever comes to consoles just from what he's seen on previews, looks much like the others. What makes it so awful?

Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Still player Dishonored 2. It's a chore of a game for me. I really just kind of want to finish it and move on.

Still playing World of Warships. Had some friends join me recently, which is kind of nice. Picked up World of Tanks due to one of those friends. Also playing some 7 Days to Die because it's kind of fun, but I may be mostly burnt out on that one for now. Nothing much beyond that. I really need to finish Dishonored 2 so I can play something new.

Sat May 09, 2020 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha why don't you just stop playing Dishonored 2 man? :-) No point in doing it if you're not enjoying it! Btw, as I told you I didn't particularly like D2 either but I did enjoy the expansion Death of the Outsider a lot. The gameplay is a lot better in that one, imo.

Been going through a lot of games recently...

Played No One Lives Forever for the first time and loved it. It has some typical problems of older games (difficulty spikes, shitty stealth system, long drawn out action sequences etc) but it's a delightful game overall. The faux James Bond meets Austin Powers style is amazing, and the locations are great too: a space station, a volcano lair, a submarine, a mountain fortress (with gondola fight ofc), parachuting from a plane, deep sea diving...just fantastic.

I enjoyed the sort of visual novel game Eliza a lot as well because it dealt with interesting themes like AI, human connections in the digital era, the meaning of happiness/pain etc. Was a bit let down by the ending but it was a nice ride. Also played a similar game called Her Story which was nice but more of a gimmicky thing. I got it for 1 euro so it was worth the price of admission for sure.

My favorite game from the past few weeks was Broforce though, hands down! SO MUCH FUN. Not too long, not too easy or difficult, nothing but red-blooded American heroes blowing shit up and dying a lot. Killing terrorists, aliens and demons and high fiving the president while hard rock is playing is just...delightful.

- Coach

Sat May 16, 2020 7:18 am
Minor Diety

Playing The Long Dark these days. An update came out last night called ... erm... what’s it..... Fearless Explorer? Kind of a minor update that has made mapping better but that’s pretty much it. I like il this game. Casual and intuitive enough for me to dip in and out of when baby is asleep. Still needs a good late game but I let my imagination fill the gaps.

Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 am
Minor Diety

Are you playing on interloper now? I lost a very promising interloper run a few weeks ago (good basic gear and location etc) because I got cocky after killing a wolf or two in one shot with the revolver. Next wolf I met I decided to do the same thing even though I wasn't in very good condition. I missed the shot from nearly point blank and he tore me up, game over. Should have just shot in the air before he attacked. :roll: lessons = learned.

If you're wondering why I had a revolver on interloper: I play a mildly tweaked version of interloper where the world doesn't get so incredibly cold after a month or two (making it almost impossible to survive), with cabin fever turned off, and in which you can find guns. I don't think it's very realistic that I'm on a big island with dozens of abandoned buildings and cars and factories and I can find food, clothes, stump remover, radios etc but not any guns. Or that I'm gonna get cabin fever after a few days. :roll: I've been inside on my own for almost 3 months in reality and I'm not going insane yet.

Unfortunately there is no separate setting for the availability of knives and axes (which also can't be found on standard interloper). So it's a bit weird that I can find rifles and revolves now but now hunting knives and/or axes, but hey. At least I can create those from a forge if I have to. Have you explored the new area yet btw, Bleak Inlet?

- Coach

Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 am
Minor Diety

I’ve done something similar. I don’t find interloper fun but I tweaked it to do exactly what you did, but also reduced respawn rate of wildlife to lowest possible setting. I want to be able to cull local populations of wolves and bears and don’t find it realistic that it has no effect.

I’m doing modestly well at the moment. Don’t know how many days in but I’d say I’m in the early-mid game. I’ve mostly looted 3 maps and back in my base (ML for now) I have a whole bear-worth of cooked meat waiting for me. Just getting back there from running to desolation point to forge 20 arrowheads.

Got 2 bear pelts waiting for me too, so I’ll make a bear coat.

Got me a revolver and rifle and plenty of other supplies too.

Gonna settle in from my travels for a bit to read up on books and craft the coat. Then off to the unexplored maps.

Fri May 22, 2020 7:18 am
Minor Diety

derf wrote:
I’ve done something similar. I don’t find interloper fun but I tweaked it to do exactly what you did, but also reduced respawn rate of wildlife to lowest possible setting. I want to be able to cull local populations of wolves and bears and don’t find it realistic that it has no effect.

Are you sure that the "wildlife respawn rate" applies to the predators as well? Because I vaguely seem to recall that it only applied to the prey animals. But I could be wrong. Or maybe they changed it and added a separate slider for prey and predatory animals respectively, who knows.

Once you bagged a bear you're pretty much good or a week or two haha. Assuming you can carry all the meat back to your camp. Once you reach the top level in cooking you can make it last for even longer as cooked food will never give you food poisoning. So if you leave the food outside it will last for well over a month before it is completely inedible.

Good luck! Make me want to start a new sandbox game too now. :-)

- Coach

Sat May 23, 2020 9:20 am
Felix Rex

Man, you're right, I really should ditch Dishonored 2. I'm on the second to last level, but it's just not any fun for me. I feel like I should like it due to all the level details... but no, it's just kinda lame. :roll:

I wiped out a few other games I burned out on. Got a game called Volcanoids to play with the group. It's early access an unfortunately it really shows. It seems more like a grind than a game, so probably not going to be playing that one much longer. I think I may be getting jaded. :(

Sat May 23, 2020 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next