It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
What are you playing now? 
Minor Diety

Post Re: What are you playing now?
Yeah I get that Long Dark isn't for everyone...since you start with almost nothing, the learning curve is also a bit warped. Surviving even 2 days without (almost) any tools, clothes, food or reference points is way more difficult than once you have settled into a good situation. For example, stunning rabbits by throwing a stone at them (which is the only way to catch one without other tools at first) is by far one of the most difficult things to do in the entire game. :) So you're getting the hardest stuff out of the way first. After that, it's mostly about the challenges you set for yourself to explore other regions without certainty of finding a good spot to rest or risking getting caught in a blizzard or an animal attack.

The mechanics I described are ways the game uses to prod the player into action - to keep moving, to take risks, and to not settle into his comfort zone too much. The fact that the world gets colder over time (so you're forced to get better gear at a steady tempo) is stupid but at least could be explained through the story to some extent...the world suffered some massive climate change event and it's making part of the earth so cold that they become virtually uninhabitable. The cabin fever is stupid tho. You only need to spend the majority of your time inside over a week or so before it hits, and then it stops you from doing any activities or sleeping inside for the next 24 hours. Bleh.

I stopped Amid Evil since it wasn't clicking for me, but I have become obsessed with Rogue Legacy 2 instead. :D

Also been playing Pentiment for some more relaxed gaming and it's very good. The art, the writing, the setting, presentation...too bad the game systems are a bit clunky, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment for me.

- Coach

Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:29 pm
Felix Rex

The original Rogue Legacy was pretty good... I never finished it, but I got a good way in before I got bored. Assuming they've improved the game in Rogue Legacy 2, I could see getting into that. Besides that I'm still playing Mechwarrior. It's fine. I'm a bit hooked on the grind to make tons of money, get cool mechs, find and buy hero mechs, and just building an awesome team. I know it'll only be a matter of time before that gets boring, so I'm trying to also do the story. Unfortunately the story is pretty terrible. We'll see how long it takes before I get bored.

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I also played the original Rogue Legacy, but this game is definitely better. It felt like there was less grinding for upgrades in between killing different bosses for example, and there is a lot more variation (more classes) and stuff you can upgrade and tweak as well. I definitely recommend it as a fun "pick up and play for a run" game. But play it with a gamepad of course.

Beat the final boss this weekend and feeling pretty chuffed. The fact that friend of mine is still stuck on a previous boss (not even the final one) despite supposedly being much better at the game than me also gives me a wicked sort of joy. :) (he seems to be way better at all the platforming and trick shot stuff, but can't seem to get past some of the bossfights)

I also finished Pentiment and that was an absolutely lovely game with an amazing story and art direction. I don't think most people here are into that kind of game but it's really good.

Probably will be playing Wasteland 3 next, or Deus Ex. Or maybe alternate them for variation. :P I'm mostly waiting for Darkest Dungeon 2 to come out of early access...should be some time in February

- Coach

Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm
Felix Rex

Still chugging away at Mechwarrior 5. Part of the problem is the higher-level missions can be pretty difficult. I'm save scumming so I don't lose mechs or pilots since that would make this last even longer, but even beating the missions can end up being fairly costly as far as repairs and stuff. Haven't given up yet, though.

Brought up my Ark server again and after doing an update of the base game and the 3 mods, suddenly everyone can connect again. Funny because the very next day there was another update that re-broke it, but I re-updated the game and the 1 mod that changed and it was good again. :roll: It's a pain in the ass to maintain an Ark server, especially with mods.

I picked up Assassin's Creed Valhalla over Christmas or something, so that's definitely pretty high on my list of next games. Feb 24th is the release date for KSP 2. Even though it's going to be very very pre-release, and also really expensive, I'll probably pick it up just because of how great the original was.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I got Severed Steel during the Epic christmas giveaway and I finished it today. Really good stuff. It's only an hour or 2-3 wrong, but it does almost everything right. I can recommend it if you want a sexy cyberpunk style shooter with lots of movement and options.

- Coach

Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:29 pm
Felix Rex

Looks pretty cool. Reminds me a bit of superhot, though obviously more colorful.

Checked my Epic and apparently it's in my library. :roll: I'm installing it now and will pick it up when I'm looking for a change.

I'm AFKing heavily in Ark, breeding my super-deinonychus army. I think MechWarrior 5 may be dead for me... haven't given up yet, but I find it harder and harder to motivate myself to load it up. It's just too repetitive. I did start playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely a lot like the last two AC games, just set in snowy areas instead of Greece and Egypt. That's not a bad thing. I was hoping for prettier graphics, but I guess you can't have everything.

I don't plan on playing this game to death like I did AC: Odyssey, but we'll see. And of course Kerbal Space Program 2 comes out in a few days. :)

Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I heard Kerbal Space Program 2 was a buggy disaster upon release? :-(

I'm playing Wasteland 3 and I'm really enjoying it. :) has a very old school fallout vibe and tone without the frustrating buggy parts.

- Coach

Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:18 am
Stranger

I found W3 average game wise. Music wise and atmosphere is great though, gonna leave a music piece below here. Not sure if I posted it at some point. Maybe hold off listening to it until you reach that place in the game. Fits perfectly with the game and map. I actually stopped the action at that map and let it all soak in.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:28 pm
Felix Rex

I grabbed it, mostly out of a desire to support the developers. There's not much there yet game-wise... you can build ships and launch them with most of the parts from the first game. There's no science, no tech tree, no missions or campaign or upgrading of the space center, but I knew that going in so it doesn't bug me. The fact it's buggy (and yea, it is) is to be expected for early access. That doesn't concern me either. :roll:

Still churning through MechWarrior 5, playing some Ark (I bred some super-deinonychus to see what mutation breeding was like), and playing AC: Valhalla.

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
I found W3 average game wise. Music wise and atmosphere is great though, gonna leave a music piece below here. Not sure if I posted it at some point. Maybe hold off listening to it until you reach that place in the game. Fits perfectly with the game and map. I actually stopped the action at that map and let it all soak in.

Oh yeah, the music is really, REALLY good in Wasteland 3. There were moments when a song started playing over a fight and it was just perfect. Like this one during the gipper fight:

I finished Wasteland 3 last night and quite enjoyed it. The gameplay was a lot smoother and less clunky than in W2, and everything just seemed to be be a lot more polished while still maintaining that weird cyber-post-apocalyptic-wild-west humor and atmosphere (I mean, the gippers and their giant robo reagan...). And the choices and characters were great too. But yeah it's not without its flaws...for example the ending felt a bit rushed and anticlimactic, and I kind of hated the DLC content (it seemed to be made to extend the gameplay with annoying new mechanics). I really think Wasteland 3 could have been an amazing game with a bit more attention to detail and a bigger budget. Let Obsidian redo this game and I think you got an instant classic.

I mostly exhausted my back catalogue now so picked up a few games during the current steam sale:

- House of Da Vinci 2
- Card Shark
- Faith

Also reinstalled The Long Dark because I might try a new interloper run. :) Derf, are you still playing?

- Coach

Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:46 pm
Minor Diety

I played, loved and finished The House of Da Vinci 2 :) Pretty fun game.

Now playing Card Shark which is fun but surprisingly challenging. It requires you to remember several different cheating strategies and card tricks, and you really need to pay attention. So not something that is easily played after a long work day or half drunk. It's pretty cool though.

- Coach

Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:13 pm
Felix Rex

I'm taken another break from Mechwarrior 5. I may abandon that one.

Still playing AC:Valhalla and wrapping up the Ark: Ragnarok map. Next up is Aberration for Ark. Shiny and I plan on chugging through all the Ark story maps, and maybe some of the non-story ones. We'll see how that goes. AC:Valhalla is very time consuming. Since I picked up the "everything and the kitchen sink" variety of the game, I still have the main campaign, isle of skye, paris, svartlheim and who knows what else left to do.

Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've been feeling a bit jaded since I finished Card Shark (which was fun but not without its frustrations), and I got a lot of changes ahead of me (move(s), new job) so not expecting that I'll have a time to really sink my teeth into a bigger game any time soon. I'm probably gonna be playing some smaller puzzle and adventure games that are still on my to do list in the coming weeks. However...Darkest Dungeon 2 is supposed to come out on Friday, so I might make an exception for that. :mrgreen: We'll see how the reception is, if it's buggy I might wait a little before playing.

- Coach

Mon May 01, 2023 4:12 pm
Stranger

Nah, jaded is when one look at ones library of 872 games and thinks that there's nothing to play.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 02, 2023 12:42 am
Felix Rex

haha, yea. I'm not jaded. I have so many damned games to play between Steam and Epic. First world problems?

Wed May 03, 2023 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next