It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Dishonored 
Felix Rex

Post Dishonored
I'm playing Dishonored... picked it up on the summer sale after reading a lot of good reviews. It's fun. You're an assassin, sort of... you can sneak around and your goal is to typically eliminate someone or other. The levels are decently big... more vertically large than horizontally, a kind of tight-packed urban environment. It's a mix of Victorian with steampunk, where all the advanced technology is powered by whale oil. At any rate, there's a plague going on with rats everywhere. You can go around killing everyone and everything, but then the world starts to reflect the evilness with more rats and random rat attacks and crap. The way I've been playing is sneaking up on people, knocking them unconscious, and stuffing their sleeping bodies in corners and whatnot. It doesn't always work. :roll: Even your assassination targets can typically be eliminated without killing them... killing them is one way, but usually there are alternatives means to just remove them from the world.

On top of that, you get basically magical powers. The most useful is blink, which is something of a short-range teleport. Good for getting on top of things, or popping from one hiding spot to another, or quickly behind someone to choke em out. Other ones include the ability to see special items in the world (like bat vision int he arkham games I guess) and possession, where you can possess animals (like rats), though you basically become the rat and after the possession ends, you pop out of the (now dead) rat's body.

So, it's actually pretty fun. There's a ton of hidden stuff all over the levels.. side quests, books, stuff like that. It makes exploring worthwhile, which I definitely enjoy. There's also a fair amount of latitude on how you approach a level, with multiple paths to objectives. I'd probably rate it 8/10, but I'm not done yet, so that rating may change.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]