It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Mark of the Ninja 
Minor Diety

Post Mark of the Ninja
Played this game, ran perfectly fine of my laptop. It's a gorgeously hand-drawn 2D side scroller stealth game where you play as (surprise) a ninja.

It has great atmosphere and the art is beautiful, and even the story is well-narrated. The actual gameplay itself was extremely enjoyable but not without its problems...for one I tried to get by without assassinating enemies if I could avoid it, and the game doesn't make it easy on you. That's not so much the problem but you'd think that playing the game killing everyone you meet would be hard too, but it seems way easier to play that way. As a ninja avoiding open combat should be the idea, not trying to stab your way out of every problem. :P

Still, the game has a nice array of ninja-like items like bamboo darts, smoke bombs, distraction items so you definitely CAN go around being a shadow. Only a few missions REALLY ask you to kill someone (usually the target) so you can totally slip in like a ghost, kill the target and slip out.

The game also changes pace a few times which keeps everything challenging. Once you master one aspect you are faced with a new one to learn, and everything tends to be well-balanced and presented.

Overall, a very good game I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who loves stealth games. I'd strongly advise to play it with a controller, though, probably a lot easier than m+k. :)

- Coach

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]