It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Red Faction: Armageddon 
Felix Rex

Post Red Faction: Armageddon
So, I'm nearing the end of Red Faction: Armageddon, which I picked up in some sale or humble bungle or some crap. I just thought I'd give a quick review.

The only other Red Faction I played was Guerrilla, which was pretty good. The story and stuff wasn't amazing, but it was a lot of fun collapsing buildings and structures and crap, and the fact it was open world was a big plus. There were issues but overall I enjoyed it.

Armageddon takes some of the stuff that made Guerrilla fun and removes it entirely. No open world. No driving vehicles (not really). No wide open areas outside (not really). It turns into mostly a dungeon crawler. You get guns, but in reality you don't really use them much. You have this gravity gun thing you get at the beginning, and that was the primary weapon I used the whole time. Shoot it once at a bad guy or wall or something, then shoot it a second time at a bad guy or wall or something, and the two points attract each other. So you can pull a building apart, throw a bad guy across the room, etc. It's kinda fun, but also gets a bit old. You get some other nano-tech related powers that can be useful, but mostly it's just the same thing over and over again.

This is occasionally broken up by some vehicle piloting parts or on-rails shooting. Those can be fun, and they're not typically too long.

Overall, it's an ok game. Pick it up for a few bucks if you're bored or whatever. The story is mostly forgettable or annoying. If you've got something else you've been thinking of playing, I wouldn't bother with this game at all.

Out of 5 stars, I'd give it 2 or 3. It's not horrible and I didn't have any crashes. However, don't tab out... the game goes retarded and you have to end-task it. I think I may multi-task more than most people when I game, though. :roll:

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: Red Faction: Armageddon
Pretty much identical to my experience.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 pm
Felix Rex

I beat the game. Nothing spectacular, though you unlock two weapons and a mode where you can replay the game with all the weapons and upgrades unlocked. One of the weapons is a tad disturbing.
Attachment:
2013-04-04_00002.jpg

So....yea....
Attachment:
2013-04-04_00005.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

But i bet you didnt see that coming :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:23 pm
Minor Diety

So...it's a disembodied unicorn head that shoots stars and rainbows?

- Coach

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 am
Stranger

Out of its ass. :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 am
Felix Rex

Yea, it's not disembodied. It's an entire mini-unicorn that shoots rainbows out of its ass.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That's even more disturbing. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]