It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Games to watch/kickstarters 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Games to watch/kickstarters
I have a penchant for reconnaissance. :)

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:27 pm
Minor Diety

Haha tell me about it. :) I'll update the list above in the near future, lots of cool stuff has been announced since. This kickstarter wave is really spawning a wave of new original and/or resurrected old school game ideas by smaller studios willing to take risks. It's a good time to be a PC gamer.

- Coach

Wed May 01, 2013 2:45 pm
Minor Diety

*casts resurrection*

I was going through my Steam wishlist today and actually had to check why I added some of the games on there. :roll: Upon inspection I found out that I made some good choices. :P Some of these are very much mainstream of course, but others may be new to you guys too.

Dishonored 2

I only played the original game + the expansions a year ago, but it's such an amazing game that I'm really stoked for Dishonored 2. The art style, the setting, the gameplay, they all appeal to me. It's really not a huge surprise since the studio behond both games is Arkane, which was responsible for one of my favorite games of all time, Arx Fatalis.

The Turing Test

Apparently this game already was released two weeks ago. It got great review scores but I don't have any friends who played it yet (nor did I play it). Looks amazing though.

Kona

An adventure/detective game set in a remote mountain town. Ticks the right boxes for me. :)

Exanima

Actually a very extended tech/gameplay demo for a kickstarted RPG project. The combat looks amazing, with realist physics and weapon properties at the core of it. A broadsword will play very different from a hammer or a spear adn require very different gameplay techniques or defenses.

The Long Dark

It's been in early access for almost 2 years, and it's looking better and better. The sandbox is already avaiable, but they are still working on the story mode.

I'm also looking forward to Shadow Warrior 2, but you already knew that. :)

You guys have any games that we need to know about on your watchlists?

- Coach

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2