It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
This is gonna be good... 
Minor Diety

Post This is gonna be good...
Together with HL2, this is gonna be the game of the second part of the year:

Republic: the revolution

Mark my words :) (i'm so cool now) And i'll be able to actually play it with my soon-to-come new pc! Eat that, everyone who has been making fun at me for 2.5 years now! :twisted:

- Coach

Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:48 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I've been following that game for quite some time now. Looks quite interesting. I may wait for some reviews before I buy it, though.

I hate to say it, but GhostMaster is looking pretty damn cool too. I may end up dropping some cash on that one. It looks like the sims... but... the whole point of the game is to torment them. That's just too good.

Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:54 am
Minor Diety

Yep...but that's gonna be what makes the difference with similar games i think. And, as Satis may know already from following it; the main developper (super-brainiac demis hassabis) has gathered a group of top notch fysicians and maths experts around him, which will undoubtedly result in a technically overwhelming game. Blah. :)

As for Ghostmaster...it's really worth buying Satis; i haven't played it myself yet with crappy pc and stuff, but i did at a mate's and set Pev up with it; she'll prolly be able to give u more info. But as far as i've seen: original, funny, scooby-doo-ish music, but rather short. Not something to play for a month, but great game nonetheless.

With the parts of my current pc pushed in what i ordered (and will be getting very shortly) my pc will be:

Athlon 2600+XP
Asus sumthing sumthing mobo, pretty standard
512 DIMM ram
Radeon 9600pro
40G+8G HD's

A tad above average system thus. Made a good deal on it too; withdrawing taxes (which i will at the end of the year) i payed about 350€ for my system. Some 380 bucks i think. :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:21 am
Felix Rex

nice work. Your system is about the same (or slightly better) than my main computer. :/ I'm gonna have to overclock, aren't I? heheh...

Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Mmmm.... my pc has a worse graphics card, better hd, equal RAM, and slower cpu. I might have to upgrade....

I WANT YOUR GRAPHICS CARD!$?!!!

Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:53 pm
Seigneurial Lord

Already made a Ghost Master topic in this forum somewhere, damn that game is cool. Don't play it that much now though. It's cool to drive people insane :D Or to bind Poltergeists to little kids to make the walls bleed and scare the shit out of their parents. Hmmmmm I love that game :P

Oh, and to be on-topic, Rep looks and sounds good, might give it a try :roll:

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe, tnx guys! Guess where i'm posting from? my biatch ass-whooping pc, that's right! It's gonna pimpslap all your sorry systems in obedience, if Satis doens't get his on steroids, that is. :roll:

Man, this runs like a friggin dream! All my windows open and close IMMEDEATELY!! (go ahead and laugh, this isn't normal for me! :) )Can't wait to put some games on it tomorrow, too tired to play now, after getting up at 6.30 to do an exam wih two hours of sleep, and a day followed by lots of walking and screwing little **** ***** ****** things on and in my pc, and then the infamous build-from scratch installation. :/

Btw, motherboard is called A7N8X-X. Can't wait to try out all them legally obtained (;) )supergames i saved up, waiting in a drawer upstairs! About 30 of them, i think. :D

Anyways...off to bed

*slaps ur pc's, pimpstyle*

- Coach

Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:12 pm
Felix Rex

A7N8x-X? I have an A7N8x-2.0. Well, I guess that means you have good taste. Nforce2 chipset, yea baby. Do you have two sticks of RAM in yours? The nforce boards have 2 memory controllers, so by using 2 sticks of RAM (one in slot 1, one in slot 3) you theoretically double your RAM throughput. :twisted:

I have a XP 2400+, but I can overclock it to 2600+ equivalent pretty easily. Do you know what kinda core your chip has? Barton or thoroughbred?

Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Got only one stick of ram, so no theoretically doubled ram throughput :/ I'm thinking of getting another 512 stick like this tho, but i'd better hold my horses since my wallet usually doesn't refill itself. :)

I've been asking around loads of ppl i know who have a good knowledge of pc's, compared prices and stuff, to make sure that i wouldn't spend cash on a machine that would self-destruct a year later, so it's nice to hear from someone with considerable pc knowledge that this seems to be a good choice of parts and brands. :)

As for the core...how would i go and try to see it? Just having a peek inside the machine? Or is there some windows screen where it shows?

- Coach

Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:13 am
Stranger

uh i dont think theres much difference between 2,0 ghz and 2,4 ghz. Anyway good going Ox, now you can finally play Morrowind and monster games like that :D

Go Go Go Oxy.

Back to the topic at hand, the game is pretty interesting. I checked the website, there's lots of neat stuff and info there. If you find this game slightly interesting go visit the website.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:04 am
Super Moderator

Yea - you got the right stuff - good brands include:
Athlon for cpu
Radeon or GeForce for graphics card
Ram? meh.... they're all pretty much the same to my knowledge, as long as you get ddr ram over sd
HD - *shrugs* I usually use Seagate
mobo - Gigabyte all the way :)

Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:35 pm
Minor Diety

My big Hd is Maxtor, small is non-descripit brand. :/ Btw, i'm experiencing problems with games. Mafia, CM4, Rise of Nations etc. all work extremely smooth, BUT they all crash to desktop regularly too. :evil: Methinks it's cos of lousy installing of Win2k SP's by me. That and that i forgot to install my mobo drivers until quite some time after installing system drivers. No matter, i will be switching from win2k to something else soon enough. Win98 and/or XP seems the way to go. Is it me or is Win2k professional not really gaming-oriented anyways? Any thoughts on this would be cool. :)

- Coach

Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:21 pm
Felix Rex

Win2k with SP2 is fine for gaming. Unpatched Win2k, you're right, it's not for games. The order you installed the drivers may have something to do with it. You should also defrag.

1. Install OS
2. Install mobo drivers
3. Install Directx9
4. Install video card drivers
5. Install all other drivers.
6. Install applications.

That's the best way to go, in that order. Anyway...

Maxtor, good choice (probably). I got pissed at them, as 2 of their drives died on me in a year. I'm a Western Digital kinda guy now, but I hear Maxtor's still doing ok. I may have just had some really bad luck.

RAM...it does matter, IMO. I buy only Corsair, though Kingston is just as good. Not sure about other brands, but Corsair is doing very well in my book.

oh, the core, you won't know unless you read the box or something. I can't tell the difference by looking at the chip, though it probably is possible. Here's the difference... thoroughbred was first, Barton is the newest... both are .13 micron, but the barton has a larger L2 cache (512kb vs 256kb). That seems to, basically, be the difference.

Gotta go, my chick is calling my name. :twisted:

Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, aight. Tnx for the info. The order in which i installed the drivers will be the prob; cos it went something like:

1)OS (got that one right at least :roll: )
2)video card drivers
3)directx 9
4)IE& win2k service packs
5)mobo drivers
6)other drivers

:roll:

Anyways, this is more or less a temporary install till i'm getting winXP, so let's hope it's just the drivers and shit and not the hardware. :) Btw, Win98 seems to be having major trouble with the new hardware. The gfx card drivers didn't work for my screen, bizarre lol. Ah well; 256 colors it is. It's just my backup and win2k-virus-weeding system anyways from now on.

- Coach

Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next