It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Serious Sam 3 
Felix Rex

Post Serious Sam 3
Just one thing to say: 16 player co-op. No shit.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... eavens.ars

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Serious Sam 3
Haha, no cover, all man. Love it.

I'm sure we'll get around to putting up another 5-man megabiff like on the SS1 and 2 remakes. :)

- Coach

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 am
Stranger

Yea, i still need to figure out how to run a dedicated server. I got a quad core pc idling around waiting for some data to crunch on.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:10 am
Felix Rex

You have a quad core that's not your primary box? damn man... you're putting me to shame. I have a quad core hyper-threaded machine, but it's my main box, so dedicated server = non-starter. :roll: Nice graphic btw.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea, a motherboard failed on one of my pcs so i had to replace it and i saw a phenom 9550 i think sold as used and fairly cheap so i replaced the cpu as well, it has no graphical power though, just integrated nvidia 8200.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:22 am
Minor Diety

yeah that pic is pretty epic. :)

And I got a relatively decent old pc here that just needs a new PSU unit before I can use it for whatever. I prolly should have sold it way back when I got a new PC, but I like the feeling of having a semi backup PC. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:07 am
Felix Rex

Damn man, you can get a good PSU for $80. I'm about PC saturated, but I kind of own 3 and a laptop personally. :roll:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Serious Sam 3 Hands On
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... on-sam.ars
Quote:
You need to pay attention to the traditional enemies with the guns, and they're easy to plan for. Then you hear the sounds of the galloping, skeletal monstrosities that lunge at you when they get close. While you're moving and firing in order to survive those two waves, you'll notice the screaming sounds of the kamikazes, so you'll have to make sure you're spinning around and taking them out before they get close. It's all quite stressful, and I found myself playing with bunched muscles and white knuckles. When the game saves your progress after each set piece, it's finally time to breathe out.

Did I mention that there is no cover system? And your health will not regenerate?

Fortunately, Sam can carry every gun in the game at the same time, so you can switch between them at will. How can he do this? Shut up, that's how.

This game is hard, but the sense of fun and the unending action and suspense are both commendable. This is the game Duke Nukem Forever should have been and, for now, we're just glad it's here.

Serious Sam 3: BFE is coming to the PC this summer. The developers have not been announced what "BFE" stands for.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sounds delightfully old school. :D I'll definitely pick it up, but prolly only after it drops in price.

- Coach

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]