It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Bioshock 2 
Felix Rex

Post Bioshock 2
I finished bioshock 2 yesterday. Overall, it's a pretty good game. There's a stretch toward the middle where it gets kinda old... the scenery is basically the same throughout, and after harvesting so many little sisters, getting a mission to harvest 4 little sisters is a bit annoying. However, the story is good.

Anyway, some picks and vids.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Reveals part of the game you may wish to remain a mystery
These vids are from a portion near the end of the game where you become a little sister. It's awesome how their view of the world is twisted into something pretty with flowers. It's also awesome how they see dead people, and how the illusions sometimes break.
Attachment:
BioShock2 2011-08-06 21-04-21-45.wmv
Attachment:
BioShock2 2011-08-06 21-03-48-11.wmv

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Bioshock 2
Lol @ Schrödinger. :P Graphics look a bit dated tbh, although the color schemes are nice. And I'm sure the game has great art direction (like 1 had), so that makes up for a lot.

Kinda sucks that I can't read the spoiler part. :roll: i'll play the game before too long though.

- Coach

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:42 am
Felix Rex

ah, and the spoiler part has a couple of videos demonstrating one of the coolest parts of the game. :roll: Ah well.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Started playing Bioshock 2 yesterday evening...started around midnight, was 2.30h before I realized it. :P So yeah, it plays really well. I can't stop being amazed at the prettiness of it all, the amazing design that went into Rapture and the game. I played Bioshock obviously, and I was happy to see that Bioshock 2 keeps to the same tenets as its predecessor.

Anyway, if I come across some more awesome stuff I'll probably write about it here. I was a little worried about playing as a big daddy at first too btw, but it's doesn't feel like being a clunkly manbot at all. :P And maybe once I finish the game I can finally watch Satis' spoiler vids haha.

- Coach

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 am
Felix Rex

hehe, yea... but by then you'll have experienced it yourself, which'll make it moot. *shrug* It's still the best part of the game.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

But if he watches your videos, he won't experience it himself properly and playing that part of the game will be moot.

Haha, sorry

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah I finished the game a week or two ago. I enjoyed it for much of the game (the juxtaposition of an internalized and socialized culture vs. Ryan's pure objectivisim was interesting), but the end was a bit of a mess. Not horrible, just ended a little abruptly. And it wasn't entirely sure why I should care about Eleanor other than because I was her big daddy. That became a little clearer in the vid afterwards, where she
drained my adam to always have my judgement to guide here
, though.

So yeah I think I got the 'good' ending.
Eleanor saved Lamb from drowning, and she wanted to make the world a better place with all the knowledge from Rapture inside here, but she needed your guidance to make sure she didn't stray from those good intentions.

The part where you play as a little sister was pretty cool, I agree. :) I loved how they still saw rapture the way it used to be, or at least that's how I interpreted it. It also made sense for the whole 'angels!' things they do when sucking adap from corpses haha.

So yeah, great game, but of course not as original as the first one. The setting still intrigued and wowed me, but the idea had been played out a little. And the storyline replacing the original wasn't as good. Noy sorry I bought it for 2.5 € though, haha!

- Coach

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:18 am
Felix Rex

There are a total of 4 endings (2 good, 2 bad). I highly recommend you youtube them. They're really good.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll have a peep then. :)

- Coach

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]