It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
I'll probably be online this evening Peltz, if you need some testing just let me know.

Lol @ Satis the addict :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 am
Minor Diety

Lol, jesus. Well to be fair me and Satis played til almost 5 AM my time yesterday, and I only quit because I was incredibly tired. :roll:

We managed to get a lot done...we mined a ton of shit, and built the fundaments of a completely stone base (with a personal tower for each of us :P, cause we no homo like that). We also found some purple-ish stuff we couldn't mine with our pickaxes (J will probably know what it is, it has a faint glow), some chests, and a room with large mushrooms trees and skeletons and undead miners wandering around it.

The best part was the first part where we didn 't know wtf to do and were surprised by the night. We got killed so much the first night that we had to build a house from wood to survive at first. :P We actually have silver swords now, and one or two armor parts. J prolly thinks we're still puny men now. :roll:

I took some pics of the early game. I'm the one with the red hair.

Peltz, a permanent server would be awesome! That'd also solve the problem of who's gonna connect to who (and time schedules). I think it must be possible to use the world me and satis fucked around in (and built our mini castle in :P ) for it...I'll send a copy to you of the world save, lemme check it out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:13 am
Minor Diety

So, it would appear that we are all hooked on Terraria. It's basically 2D Minecraft with more features and playing with your friends...Peltz' dedicated server didn't hold up too well because of ping issues (both for me and Satis) so I just hosted the world me and Satis created and used and we were joined by Peltz and J. :) I had to run but I left the game running, being safe in my awesome tower and all. :P

When I came back, Satis was digging out his underground highway to the east...I dug out a few more meters, but eventually just settled for the tedious job of digging through a sand layer to make the highway more useful. Pic attached. Peltz' brick third tower was finished too, and J's shack had evolved into a tower of sorts.

I decided to dig down Peltz' mine on the left, died a few times but got some ore. My tower has been decorated a little better too...btw Satis, should we make a corridor between our towers? Seems handy. Maybe even to Peltz' central tower. I saw you ad J have a posh connecting bridge. :P

Anyway, loving the game so far. It's fucking crack. We could use a persistent host of some sort to keep 'my' world up and running, but Peltz' server seems to be suffering from serious ping issues. I COULD try and fix up my second (old) pc, but that's a pain. I don't like the idea of everyone having to depend on me either though. For example, I'll be out all Saturday night. I can let the game run on my PC like today, but I can't join you for awesome expeditions. :( We'll see. In any case: Hamachi FTW!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm
Minor Diety

Heh i'm surprised that when i got up (waaay too early) Satis wasn't online anymore :P

I had to recreate my character btw, since i started on softcore and you guys on mediumcore, but i'm back on the dig already!
Did you notice our new NPC's as well Ox?

I was going to type on some general tips/pointers, will add if i think of some more:

* say you want to turn all your stone into stone walls or bricks, you can either start leftclicking like a crazy man (as i used to do) or you could just hold rightmouse and get the job done in a few seconds.
* splitting stacks is also with rightmouse: convenient when you're placing some things but not all in a chest or if you want to sell some but not all shit
* chests that you find while exploring can be picked up as well, use your hammer
* same with backwalls you can't seem to remove: hammer time!
*setting up your spawn point: tired of having to walk to your tower/base when you start your game (or died)? If you build a bed (not sure what you need, silk and something else, if you show some silk to the guide he'll tell you) in a 'safe' environment and rightclick it, you should get the message 'spawn point has been set'.
There are some requirements that the house/room must meet, like it should be sealed off from monsters and has to be big enough, possibly have a lighting source not sure about it.
* by building rooms with furniture, a door and lighting, NPC's might move in if you meet the proper requirements. The nurse moved in with some of you dunno who. I have a merchant and the guide (joy). I'm pretty sure that each of us can get these NPC's btw (or maybe it was a bug in another MP game i played).

That's about it for now :)

~King of Thieves~

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am
Felix Rex

The nurse moved into our original house, the one between the two towers. :roll: I could probably host the server, btw... I'm sure I could leave it running in the background without it having much of an affect on the rest of my PC. The flip side is that most of the players are in Europe, so you're looking at some lag. Doesn't matter to me, but someone needs to run it, because I NEED MY FIX.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, I'd be fine with that. I can leave the game on much the same like Satis, but I'm afraid my connection isn't fast enough to decently support the game's traffic and other internet activity at the same time. Or maybe Peltz' server comes through. :)

Btw, an NPC arrived at my tower, some sort of demolition salesman selling dynamite and bombs. Coolio. Think I'm gonna ask an entrance fee for his services, since he IS in my tower and all. :P

- Coach

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:45 am
Minor Diety

Oh and if the game is running but I'm not responding...try logging into the server, it's probably running with me afk. IP can be seen in hamachi pw still "penis". :roll:

I started work on the "great elevator", an idea of Satis: a massively deep straight shaft down under the house, with wooden platforms for fast movement. I hit a big cave that deviates a bit from the straight line of the elevator but leads down all the same. I may use it to save some mining. But Satis may feel that there is no need to compromise the vision. :P

- Coach

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:42 am
Minor Diety

Heh, i'm working on a straight down tunnel as well, from my (puny) tower.

Oh i mentioned to Satis yesterday, i have crafted a depth meter, and according to that we're about 130 ft or something above (average) ground level. So that's why you'll see air if you remove backwalls.

I'll probably join in on the fun tonight, has the corruption spread much? If it's really becoming a problem, i'll come with my other character and plant some sunflowers, that should stop it. We don't want to have Peltz constantly getting killed by big eaters etc ... or do we?

~King of Thieves~

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 am
Stranger

Ze Robat!!1

Optimus Crime?

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:32 pm
Felix Rex

oh crap, it does look like a robot.

BTW, the main highway heading east (right) is somewhere around 4,000 feet long or something. I also created a few vertical tunnels to connect it to the surface. We went from forest to a small path of desert, back to forest, to a large patch of desert, to a godawful swamp of doom, and now it looks like another corruption.

Unfortunately the eye of Cthulhu was fucking with us for awhile, so we kept running away and dying. Finally Ox and I had enough and we stood our ground at the house. Some aggressive defense and using of the nurse and we defeated that punk bastard, ending in a nice reward of that hard to get metal. I built a battleax with it. Unfortunately, my magic boomerang went MIA at some point. Very sad.

Oh, I also built a bridge of dirt over top of most of the desert. :roll:
Attachment:
2011-08-11_00001.jpg

Since it's dirt, though, it'll probably have cactus growing on it soon enough. I should've made it out of rock.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, nice going on killing the eye though!

Took this shot on ox' request.

Did you stumble upon some jungle while digging that tunnel (maybe that's your swamp of doom)?

*edit*

can't seem to link to the right picture, meh might try to figure it out later, or you guys can just check my screenshot library yourself :P

~King of Thieves~

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:20 am
Minor Diety

Damn J and his chest finding luck. :P After you left I didn't find shit. One gold chest (with two crappy potions in it). :/ I don't know how you do it...

And yeah, that swamp of doom is the jungle. Satis' highway pretty much takes you across it to the lands beyond, though, so that's cool. :) We also found an altar underneath the jungle and excavated it. The highway is pretty amazing for fast travel over great distances without being exposed to danger. I'm prolly gonna continue work on my shaft down too.

Yeah, Cthulu...we were mining deep below and the message went "you feel a terrifying presence watching you" and had no idea wtf was going on. Then as Satis went back up the Eye of Cthulu spawned and raped him. After that it did the same thing a few times, killing me or him. Then I forged new armor, stocked up on potions and fought the Eye at the base on its next arrival, with Satis hurrying back as fast as possible. There we double-teamed it using Satis' creative nurse tactics. :P Got a stack of 62 demonite ore out of it, split in half. :)

I have a suspicious looking eye to summon it again if we want next time, now we know how to easily beat it. Demonite ftw! Also, from the wiki I understood that it will now no long spawn sponteaneously, only when summoned. Good, cause it fucked us over a few times.

I'm gonna be off during the middle of the day, but I'll put the game on for you guys to join and stuff (even if I'm offline on steam friends, checj hamachi for the IP and use the regular password ;) The server is prolly up). I should be back this evening. I'm gonna see what we can do about letting someone else host the game btw. Satis running it as a non dedicated or Peltz' server coming through, we'll see. Screenshots!

- Coach

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:49 am
Minor Diety

I took the clankiller highway, made a few modifications (you probably won't even notice). With my Hermes boots i can get to the other side real fast (only the desert part where i have to go down a bit slows me down, couldn't fix that easily).
Problem was that i got surprised by a big bad worm when going up in that corrupted part at the end.
The walk to pick up my stuff again took a whole lot longer. :roll:

Probably gonna put a sunflower at the end of the tunnel as well, not sure if it would spread, but the less corruption the better!
Explored the underground for half an hour i think, didn't find any golden chests, but did find a tonload of ores.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:18 am
Minor Diety

The corruption is spreading rapidly in the upper highway. I blocked it off but it doesn't seem to help much - if Satis can plant a sunflower in there...would be appreciated. I also planted sunflowers on the surface because the corruption had eaten most of the swamp. Built an outpost too, with a bed, anvil, forge and crafting table. It also connects to the highway.

In full gold armor and with a demonite sword, I'm feeling pretty cocky right now. I can survive the jungle pretty easily, and even the early parts of the corruption aren't as scary as they used to be. The fact that I have a mirror to teleport me out of any shit if it gets REALLY bad kind of helps :P

Btw, I'll be out for the entire day and most of the evening, but I'll leave the game running when I go.

P.S. I saw a goblin scout and killed it in a pit in the jungle...does that mean we're gonna see a goblin invasion soon? :o
P.P.S. It's time we did some exploring in the corruption/jungle.

- Coach

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:39 am
Minor Diety

I did run to the other end of the tunnel and tried planting a sunflower there, but it didn't work. I'm doubting now if there was grass on the dirt though. My first thought was 'it need to be planted on the surface' but not sure about that either.

Did you venture deep in the jungle? I thought it was pretty hard, with the poison sting shooting bees, the man eaters etc. especially in the very open areas.

I thought that you needed to destroy at least 1 shadow orb to get a goblin invasion (maybe it changed, or maybe satis/you hammered one?).

Cocky enough to venture in the underworld as well ox? It was (in a way) fun running from the giant snake/worm thing and getting slaughtered by it, twice. :)

~King of Thieves~

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next