It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Terraria
Peltz, I saw you comment on J's profile. Are you thinking of buying it? If so, let me know. If we can find a good price somewhere I'm in. Or even without a good price, we'll see. :P

Unless J has come across some major problems with the game by now of course.

- Coach

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
The most "annoying" thing that happened so far was when i fell into a pit of lava and died. I ressurected at my house (with just a bit of health), only to be given the message "The Eye of Cthulhu has awoken" and then i got attacked by a giant eyeball. Before i knew what had happened it killed me. Again. :D

It wasn't really annoying actually, more a "wtf what was that?!" moment. And it's only a bit of money you lose.
I'm trying to go deeper and further every time, so i die pretty often anyway.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 am
Minor Diety

Looks like you could use some help in some of your expeditions... ;)

- Coach

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, like didn't Indiana Jones have a little asian kid to carry his torch? :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:22 pm
Stranger

Sure, next week though, i am in finland and i won´t be back until sunday.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:43 am
Minor Diety

lol @ little Asian kid. I hope there is TK'ing in Terraria, cause J just earned himself a ticket to the lavapits. :P ;)

- Coach

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 am
Minor Diety

A small update on my exploring:

* first of all i managed to kill the eye on my own, take that biatch!

* i just had my first try with some other guys, was pretty fun, we did another boss fight, unfortunately there was 1 guy that was seriously underequiped, he lasted for 2 seconds lol.

I did manage to fall in the lava pits again and die, despite picking up a great item right before that: rocket boots! Need to practise a bit i guess. :P

Most hilarious part was when me and another guy (with far better gear than me) went exploring in the jungle. I managed to hold my own, but in the heat of the battles i must have hit a wrong key, because suddenly i dropped the weapon i was wielding. This is by FAR the best weapon i have atm, so i was like NOOOOO. Getting hit from left and right since i was without weapon i needed a health potion, so i equip these .. oh no wait i drop them as well! Fuckfuckfuck. :P Dropping in both cases can be understood as "throwing them in a dark abyss" btw. So i'm stuck with no decent weapon and barely have any health and do what anyone would do i such a case: jump after your precious weapon!
With my luck i jumped right into a man eater that made short work of me. Luckily the other guy could salvage all my stuff and bring it back to the respawn.

In short: i'm still enjoying the game. :)

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm
Minor Diety

J wrote:
Most hilarious part was when me and another guy (with far better gear than me) went exploring in the jungle. I managed to hold my own, but in the heat of the battles i must have hit a wrong key, because suddenly i dropped the weapon i was wielding. This is by FAR the best weapon i have atm, so i was like NOOOOO. Getting hit from left and right since i was without weapon i needed a health potion, so i equip these .. oh no wait i drop them as well! Fuckfuckfuck. :P Dropping in both cases can be understood as "throwing them in a dark abyss" btw. So i'm stuck with no decent weapon and barely have any health and do what anyone would do i such a case: jump after your precious weapon!
With my luck i jumped right into a man eater that made short work of me. Luckily the other guy could salvage all my stuff and bring it back to the respawn.

:lol: :lol:

- Coach

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:02 pm
Minor Diety

Small update:

I just found out that there are a lot of (community-)made maps that are called adventure maps. There's one inspired by Zelda, there are detective-like adventures, ... haven't read it all yet. I think it's really cool though that people are making these things and i'll probably be trying some of these out.

Also: today there's another patch (1.0.6 i believe) that will drastically change magic and health system, making the game more challenging. I'll probably start a new character to see how that works. I'm leaving for a week to France as well though, so won't be gaming that much. :D
Also read that one of the next updates will add a lot of 'endgame content' and will work out PvP a lot.

In short: still loving this game. (found most items and beat all bosses now btw, still have a decent house to build)

~King of Thieves~

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 am
Minor Diety

update

This is nice as well:There are now 3 difficulty modes that are set when creating a character.
Softcore - Drop coins on death, keep max hp and mana values.
Mediumcore - Drop all items on death, keep max hp and mana values.
Hardcore - Drops all Items and deletes your character on death, requiring you to start a new character. On death you will become a ghost that can not interact with the world until you log out.

Terraria is 50% off btw (wink wink :) )!

~King of Thieves~

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:56 am
Felix Rex

I'm actually tempted.... but $10 is still expensive.

Jesus... I must be channeling ox.

*edit*

ok, it's $5. I can do that.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe was going to suggest buying a 4-pack, but just checked steam. :D

Now somebody should figure out how to run a server and we can play it in multiplayer.

*edit* Satis played for 7,5 hours already? Or did you just leave your game on?

btw if you have questions, shoot and i'll probably have an answer, searching for it on a wiki might contain quite some spoilers

~King of Thieves~

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 am
Minor Diety

I *think* setting up a server isn't all that hard actually, i just tried and managed to run one. I think. :D

I used this guide there are others as well (more extensive, talking about port forwarding and such). But i guess this might work as well.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 am
Stranger

Well i have an extra pc i could run the server on pretty much constantly but need to test this with someone.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:15 am
Count

I'm sure satis will be playing it today if he ever wakes up - he took the day off for a concert and stayed up all night playing this. So I bet he sleeps until noon.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next