It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
I'm not sure I want to build a castle that's not at least partially made of gold bricks and on a floating island. :roll: I'm spoiled!

- Coach

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:17 am
Felix Rex

I've partially built a tunnel connecting my slowly-forming castle and your hobbit hole. I need to get more stone so I can properly built it. :roll:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Here's a (very large) image of the original world. Five! floating islands!

http://clankiller.com/stuff/clankiller.png

*edit* changed image to link from embedded

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Test test...I can still reply to the topic I think (re: j's comment on not being able to reply anymore)

Also, notice how the second floating island from the left had been built on already. :roll: I found it early on in the game and didn't tell anyone about it (because I am a selfish jerk) and had started building on it towards the end of the game/world. It should still be there if you have the world. It had a gold brick throne room and other decadent shit. :P But it wasn't anywhere near finished.

- Coach

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:18 am
Felix Rex

as my edit notes, I've switched the image to being a link instead of embedded in the post. It's kinda huge anyway.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol @ ox keeping the floating island as his secret place, bastard!

~King of Thieves~

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 am
Felix Rex

Yea, Ox was pretty much a bastard. He only told me because he got himself killed, but had bound himself to his island, so he had no way down and I had to rescue him. :roll:

BTW, Shiny has become thoroughly addicted. She's already found a floating island by chance.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, you should have posted a screenshot of that situation/conversation.

Did Shiny start building her own house or did she move in with you? :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:42 am
Felix Rex

Shiny has her own massive glass ziggurat.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

J wrote:
Haha, you should have posted a screenshot of that situation/conversation.

wasn't my finest hour. :P Should have kept a freefall potion or something in the my basic island fortress. Or my spare pair of rocket boots. :roll:

- Coach

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:41 am
Count

I have a floating island that has a chest in it I can't open yet - I have made it part of my house :)

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 pm
Felix Rex

btw, for those of you, like me, that experience in game "lag" where and enemy will suddenly teleport onto you, I finally got annoyed enough to research it and figure it out.

Turns out the problem has something to do with high frame rates getting you out of sync. The fix is to lock your frame rate to 30fps. You can't do that in game, but there's an app called dxtory that'll let you do it. It's like fraps, but one of the tabs lets you specify a frame rate to lock directx games to. I experimented with it a bit and it seems to work, though I noticed some choppiness in rendering. 30fps is not fast enough. It's still playable though.

Anyway, dxtory's link is : http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html. The FPS limiter is under the Advanced Setting tab.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh, I just figured it was lag on the connection...well maybe it is for me. :roll: I never really had any problems with it when I was still hosting myself.

I walked around a little with me new character in the new world...I was killed by blue slimes twice. :roll: I forgot how puny you are without gear and extra HP. 3-4 bigger slimes and you're a goner. :/ Then I ventured West, until I ran into a desert with a jungle right past it. A vulture attacked me and I fell into a pool of water, and since it couldn't attack me in there and I couldn't get out without being attacked (and killed) I made a quick disconnect. :P

- Coach

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:58 am
Minor Diety

/me is being a secretive sod again in Terraria :roll:

I'm building a secret lair...but it's hard. Without stuff that is.

- Coach

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 am
Stranger

Well ask satis to put the old world back up for half an hour so you can ninja stuff from the chests. I think i had some 1200+ grey and red bricks plus iron and other stuff.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next