It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
Terraria 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Terraria
No, it'll work... what you're seeing is a problem with the game calculating all that. I had the same issue when I drained. I just kept making the channels bigger, then suddenly there was a big update and all the water was in hell instead of in the caverns. All at once. I suspect something like that will happen with you. I plan on using dynamite to blow a hole on the other side of the ocean. I don't know if it's true, but I suspect having a larger drainage whole will speed up the water settling process.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We drained the oceans east and west :P Apparently the water did disappear into hell, but didn't really settle. It's strange because you can find it spread far to the west and east in the underground, but there's hardly a sign of pooled water anymore. It just...vanished. Come to think of it: maybe we should have walled off the east/west (whichever side was the end of the world) in the underground first Satis. I'm guessing a lot of the water just disappeared into the 'end of the map'.

I think we pretty much got to the end of this world tbh....we cleared the underground jungle for the most part, explored the entire dungeon, and looted the underworld. And destroyed a ton of shadow orbs. :roll: Maybe we should get a new, amssive world going...but then what about our castle and houses? :P Kinda attached to them.

- Coach

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:20 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I think I'd like to create a new, larger world. I want Peltz and J to be cool with it too, though, since they were heavily involved. Especially Peltz. His obsessive/compulsive building improvements are still amazing.

So, I may set up a second dedicated server to run in parallel with the first, until everyone agrees that world 1 should be retired. I'll post the details when I get around to it. :)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, that wasn't so hard. I now have 2 worlds running. The new world is at the same IP, but port 6666 and no password. I haven't actually played at all, though. I plan on using a new character entirely.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I bet you guys are superoverpowered bitches now compared to my character :D

Will try to get some playtime to check out if my tower is still erect .. ehm intact.

Fucking tired though: 14 hours on the road (3 hours of not driving though) and fucking almost 40 degrees in france are a killer to me. Arriving at 2 in the morning and having the youngest one wake up around 7 didn't help much either. I'm actually a bit dizzy, weird.

NO idea what happened there Ox (re. dungeon problem). My only explanation is that it has always been possible to dig through the walls and get in to grab-and-loot the dungeon. Like you say: you hear it in the music. They might have 'fixed' this, since it was more like an exploit for low lvl players to loot the dungeon and not having to face Skeletron or get instakilled for intruding.

That's my best guess, not helping you much of course.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 am
Stranger

Satis, me and J are unable to connect to the old server.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 am
Felix Rex

The original server is back up. Sorry, Windows updates. :roll:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just made a small visit to the original world, the houses look pretty cool. For some reason i didn't spawn in my bed though.

I'll try to have a go at the 'new' world later tonight.

*edit* i think you don't have the 6666 one running yet :)

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 am
Felix Rex

jeez, you guys are so needy. :roll: new world is running. I haven't actually played in it except to verify I could load, so don't expect anything.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh thx a lot!

While giving the kids a bath, i decided to make a hardcore character. So if you see a gravestone near the spawn you know i didn't do so well :P

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am
Minor Diety

I started digging, seems like i'm experiencing some minor lag not sure why.
Example: you hit a slime and it 'disappears' to 'respawn' where it came from. And then it dies there if you hit it enough times as well. Will see if i encounter more troubles.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:14 pm
Felix Rex

I started playing in the new world too, regular mediumcore character. I may switch to hardcore for the hell of it.

If nobody is too attached to the original world, I'll probably shut that server down. That may help with the lag, too, dunno. Anyway, I'll probably take it offline today or tomorrow (the original, not the new one). But I'll keep the world. Anyone that wants a copy, I'll put it up on clankiller.com

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So, did anyone see J's tombstone yet? :lol: I still need to log into the new world...I guess I'll make a new character too, but I may be done with Terraria. All those long nights have kind of given me an overload for a little bit. Still, they were glorious nights!

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 am
Felix Rex

I'm playing it intermittently with Deus Ex. Still a great game. I'm more focused on building me a lovely awesome castle this time, rather than "beating the game".

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haven't had much time to play, i'm not in my grave (yet) but haven't done much exploring either.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next