It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
Hahaha nice one. I don't mind so much since I'm a pauper anyway, but Satis and Shiny must be eating their hats now. ;)

- Coach

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:54 am
Felix Rex

*sigh* Freaking rocket boots

Anyway, I'm trying to find answers, but not having much luck. One thing I found was to go into Hamachi and allow all traffic. I've done that to both of you. You'll need to do it on your sides too.

Just open the hamachi window, right click on me, go to details -> settings -> traffic- > allow all

btw, Shiny has rocket boots. Just me that's lacking.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Btw Ox, they can still connect and play normally, it's just the other side of the ocean that is having issues (it seems).

Did the hamachi thing, currently connecting, same shit (very slowly) and probably going to lose connection in a couple of minutes.

Oh and according to the details in hamachi, i'm losing packages. It's in dutch for me so i'm not sure what's it like in english, but for incoming traffic with you (satis) i'm losing over 20%. Don't know if that's normal or not, never looked into that, that it was worth mentioning here.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:05 am
Minor Diety

Maybe it's just a temporary hamachi thing then? Let's wait a day or two, if Satis doesn't see anything suspicious.

- Coach

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:20 am
Felix Rex

I've started up the old server running on port 7777. You can try connecting to that... if that works, it would seem to be something to do with our new world. If not, at least we ruled that out. I've restarted the server and bounced the computer to no avail. I could reset the router...that's possibly an issue. Gonna do that now, in fact.

By the time you read this, you should be able to give it another shot. Both servers will stay up for now.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Maybe a bit premature, but it seems that both server give me the same problem: tile data loading reeeeaaaally slow. Then i get stuck at complete. Join the world and disconnect.

*edit* i can run around on the old one it seems, but took a looong time and i expected it to disconnect
gonna give the large one another try

~King of Thieves~

Last edited by J on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 pm
Felix Rex

ok, so the problem is with my computer, my network, hamachi or Terraria. :roll: If someone else wants to try hosting the world, I can upload it to CK and give you the address. Since shiny and I can connect fine, it's probably not Terraria that's the problem, or my PC... more something with Hamachi probably. I can't think of much more to do any more to troubleshoot it.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hmmm... I was mousing over your name, J, and you came up as "relayed tunnel". Everyone else is a direct tunnel. Are you part of the clankillerter network in Hamachi? I also noticed the packet loss... inbound I have 0% loss for you, outbound I'm around 33%. Ox is at 0% for comparison. Of course, he can't connect either. :roll:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

My theory: there's something wrong with the hamachi connection. For the smaller world, after considerable time, i get the necesarry packages and can play (or at least start playing, haven't tried for over 5 minutes). The larger one just takes too long and i kinda time out.

So i lost connection on the large one, tried connecting to the small one again, that worked 2 times in a row now (after a long time again).

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:26 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah i should be in the hamachi thing. I see both you and shiny as "relayed tunnel", ox as a direct tunnel for me. Whatever that means.

Still connected to the small world.

(as a total noob: i'm getting 40ms on ox and 200+ms when pinging satis with hamachi ... whatever that means)

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:27 pm
Felix Rex

The relay means (I believe) that you're connecting to Ox, then jumping from his connection to us, instead of connecting directly. you should be connected directly... it's much faster and better. Of course, it may have been like that all along and we just never noticed. Dunno, I'm stumped. Have you rebooted? Just curious. We may have to force Ox to host again. :P

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

BTW, today J's connection is fine again. It can't have been my box... I didn't even restart the Terraria server between when it was broken and when it started working. Must be Himachi. J is also no longer on a relay.

I think that perhaps the issue was with Ox's Himachi connection, and because J was relaying through it, he got the problem too. Can't prove it, but I have my sneaking suspicions.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah it worked fine, expanded the tunnel in the jungle a bit. Did have a direct connection to satis through hamachi again.

I have no idea why i'm getting relayed sometimes. When i checked it now, i'm relayed again, only Shiny is on besides satis and with her i have a direct tunnel. Go figure. (just restarted it and now i got direct connection to both .. meh)

Btw if i want my brother to have a look at the world, i probably need to add him to the hamachi network right?
Network-ID is the name of the group i guess? What was the pass again? Same as the old clankiller world? PM me (here or on steam) if the pass is different.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:35 am
Felix Rex

Shit, I don't remember the password. Either Ox or Peltz set it up, I think. Network name is what's in the Hamachi client, yea.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

If it was me that set it up then I'm pretty sure the password is penis. :roll: Curious to see your brother's reaction to Satis and Shiny's madness. :P

(I actually think Peltz created the group, now I think about it)

- Coach

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next