It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
Mental session last night. Thanks for the help Oxy!

Had to kill the Plantera boss again because i accidentally consumed the key she dropped when we last killed her. This time round is was a cakewalk thanks to Rinox now having super pimped gear and some kind of multi-Yoyo that does insane amounts of damage. I'd have been hopeless without.

After that, we used the key to enter the jungle temple, but had to find that damn place first. Took a while, and a bit of tactical mining, but like archaeologists of yesteryear we stumbled across it, and mined to its entrance. A few lava obstacles along the way which we dealt with Indiana Jones style. Once we were in the temple, it was pretty crazy. Traps EVERYWHERE, so couldn't really raid it in usual fashion. Had to go slow. In was relatively small compared to the dungeon, so before long we got to the main altar room where the boss can be summoned. Pretty easy boss. Summoned him about five times to get all the decent loot drops. I got a couple of upgrades so I'm happy.

Then we went to the dungeon for some cultists surreal shit, defeating the boss only after a second attempt. As if that wasn't surreal enough, that triggered a Martian alien invasion :S

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 am
Minor Diety

Wait, we defeated the cultist? I thought he whooped our ass. :D

Yeah, the temple was great fun though! Both finding it and then exploring it. You should have seen us, me cutting the wiring on the traps all around us and Derf just smashing the shit out of them and collecting them so he could implement them in his home defense systems.

Speaking of which....they completely owned the Martians attacking us. :-D The only thing that was a problem was the UFO miniboss and its ridiculous death ray. The actual Martian army was a joke, as they were fried, stabbed, shot and punctured by all of Derf's traps. :-D Easiest event ever.

Hey Derf, this is my yoyo: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/The_Eye_of_Cthulhu and I used it with this item http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Yoyo_Bag

So if you ever see the skeleton merchant again, make sure you buy the glove and a counterweight. It's expensive a shit but with the counterweight (and a piece of string, but that's easy to make) you'll have a similar redonk damage output as mine. It'll also increase range and allows you to bend it around corners a bit, I think. The Kraken yoyo I gave you isn't much worse than mine, and can also stay "out" forever.

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Kraken

I think I may make a bunch of homing bullets for the cultist boss so I can use them with my uzi in the fight. Not sure.

- Coach

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:56 am
Minor Diety

We're still playing, and I've pimped out my character to pretty ridiculous standards through solo play too.

Derf has perfected his Derf Home Invasion Defense System (TM) as the amount of events he has to deal with is rapidly increasing. Blood moons, pirate invasions, solar eclipses, martian attacks...you name it. It's now pretty awesome and only involves you sitting back, dealing with the occasional miniboss or flier and collecting loot. I love it. :)

We still have to tackle the cultist figure but we've done some preparations on the ramp we will use to fight on. I also got better gear and ranged weapons with homing bullets so I can stay out of his range better. Not sure it's the right tactic (I do considerably less damage ranged than melee), but we'll see. Given that it's a long fight I may start out ranged and move in for the melee kill if my HP is still decent.

With a regeneration potion and my newly crafted celestial stone I'll have +3 HP regeneration per second, which I imagine would be enough to survive for a decent amount of time. We'll see. :)

- Coach

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15