It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Free to play - Steam 
Minor Diety

Post Free to play - Steam
As you might have noticed, steam is offering some games (5 i think) f2p instead of monthly fees. Any chance that you're not too limited in your choices etc. to actually be worth d'loading any of these games?

I've just noticed Shiny has the Forsaken World game, well actually she has all of them i notice now. And some others have the Global Agenda game.

So: is there a game worthy to kill some time and have some fun with, or shouldn't i bother?

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm
Felix Rex

Post Re: Free to play - Steam
I saw that they had the f2p games... cool beans. I haven't personally tried any of these, though. A good free to play is the D&D MMO, though. Lots of content (at least at lower levels), fun stuff, great match-making abilities. Not sure how it's doing player population-wise, but from what I understand, their income and number of players went way up after going free. They were originally a monthly fee.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm probably trying out Champions Online, it will probably keep me busy for hours just creating a superhero :D

I played DDO before, just could hardly seem to catch any of you online, and solo-ing became a pain at one point.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 am
Felix Rex

ah, ok. Yea, it's been quite awhile since I played. I found it fun, but I always had Shiny to duo with. Finding groups really isn't very hard. They have a great match-making system. But PUGs can be tiresome.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I like the idea of making my own superhero, but not really of playing that as an MMORPG. :P

What did your superheroes look like, Satis and Shiny?

- Coach

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 am
Felix Rex

err, no, I was still talking about DDO (dungeons and dragons). We never did the superhero thing.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Downloaded another game "Spiral Knights" yesterday. Noticed Peltz was playing as well, but i couldn't try joining him since first i had sound issues (as in no sound) and once that was fixed i had kid issues (had to put the oldest one in bed).

It seems fun to casually play a bit, would be good to co-op as well since it seems you always form a team of 4 players in the dungeons, and probably more fun if you end up with a people you actually know/trust they won't screw up.

Don't expect too much of graphics, and it might look a bit cartoonish/kiddy perhaps.

On the Champions Online topic: Maybe i'll give the game another shot later, but combat was pretty meh for me. Most fun i had with the game was after finishing the tutorial part of the game, when you get access to travelling powers. As in flight, superspeed, superjump, teleportation (or rocket boots i think, not sure about this one). So basically i ended up jumping from place to place feeling a bit like the Hulk.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 am
Stranger

Hmmh, must've missed that boots part. Anyway as i understand the game works like this, you have 100 energy points stored in your armor, you can use this to descend down into the clockworks as the using of elevators costs energy. You get one free 100% replenish through the ingame mail, not sure if you can buy this item with ingame currency. So basically every 24h your energy is replenished or you can buy solid crystals for £$€ to use on any object that requires energy. Anyway i did it for the tf2 hat and it remains to be seen if i continue to play it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:44 am
Minor Diety

I played the game (Spiral Knights) for the TF2 hat too. ;)

It's actually relatively enjoyable and looked well-crafted, but I'm sure it'll suffer from the same problems as all free-to-play MMORPG's, ie it becoming a grindfest after a while and/or you being horrendously handicapped compared to payers who're paying for stuff.

- Coach

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 am
Stranger

Unfortunately the free to play means you can play for severely limited time per day. Each elevator costs 10 energy to use and you get 100e per day. So its two runs if you dont want to go too deep and 1 run if you go deep enough. Dying costs e as well.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:43 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, that's only on Spiral Knights tho right? I think other f2p games still allow you to play as much as you want.

- Coach

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm
Stranger

Yep. Well it seems i was mistaken, you can buy e with the game money too.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]