It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Wii U 
Felix Rex

Post Wii U
The next gen Wii console was unveiled by Nintendo at E3 today and it's dubbed the Wii U. I'm sure the next version will be the Wii U Me 2 or some such horseshit. At any rate, it'll push HD graphics and will have controls with a 6.9" touchscreen on them.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... -smart.ars

I'm actually interested to see how this all turns out. The Wii was a great console. The Wii U will be fully backwards compatible with all the games, controllers and peripherals of the Wii, which is pretty nice.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: Wii U
Quote:
I'm sure the next version will be the Wii U Me 2 or some such horseshit.

That sentence alone made my morning just a little bit brighter :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 am
Minor Diety

Another appalling name for a console. Stick with revolution ffs. *sigh* Anyway yeah I'm intrigued in a technological way but gaming wise... definitely will not get this. Wii was great to start with then got very stale. What little I've heard of this so far sounds great from a progress technology point but from a gaming point of view it sounds way more complicated than it needs to be. One comment I heard was that they had the image on the controller screen and could overlay it on the TV... yeah ok very cool but why the hell do I want to do that? I'd just have it on the TV screen to start with!

*ahem* anyway rant over, will keep an eye on it just because but I fully expect it will go the way of the Wii and basically just provide M$/Sony with new stuff to improve and cash in on.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I really liked the Wii, but the graphics killed me. I'm a graphics whore (duh). A Wii with better graphics and less "kids" games sounds great to me. The hardware is interesting... when the Wii came out, I would've thought the Wii controlls/nunchuck crap was lame as hell... but Nintendo did a really good job of exploiting that in a positive manner. We'll see if they can do that with the new controllers too. If they can... w00t.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]