It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Rebuild 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Rebuild
Go on spill the beans, how did you manage that? Pure luck?

You must have been up all night :D

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 am
Minor Diety

Haha, I beat it at 1.30 AM. :P I already got over the breaking point at midnight, but yeah I spent many hours on it yesterday. :roll:

It's a combination of luck and getting a better feel of things.

Luck:

- starting position: enough food, preferably an apartment building, and a hospital (minimize random deaths). A lab nearby is also helpful.
- just general luck on a few 30% situations when there's a horde. Losing a square isn't that awful, unless it's an important one like the lab you're researching at, or an apartment building.
- early game scouting: losing a crucial player on a 5% chance fucks things up. Losing your first and only leader in particular is game over.

Getting the hang of things:

- non-stop scouting and recruitment whenever possible. The idea is to outgrow the zombie threat until your food production and research is at max efficiency.
- fast expansion towards the side of a map. The outwards squares don't have zombies next to them, so once a part of your base borders on the map's edge you lose a pretty big amount of zombie threat.
- research: I have a guy working constantly and immediately towards the antivenom. That goes zombie vitals -> stealth -> antivenom. The antivenom makes a huge difference, especially when fighting outside your base.
- keep 2-3 builders on hand if possible. Their skills are singular, but useful. They can reclaim an area in 2 turns (others in 4) and transform and reinforce buildings in 3 (others in 6). You can see how having soldiers tied up for 6 turns could be harmful.
- Once you reach a certain point, you basically won the game. The zombie threat grows linearly but tends to reach its max after a while. The hordes, however, keep growing and remain dangerous (if manageable if you keep growing yourself).
- also, morale is a killer. Do anything possible to keep morale above 25%, never let it at 10-15 or below for long periods of time.

- Coach

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:36 am
Felix Rex

I beat it on normal yesterday for the first time. I won by drafting a constitution. I found a cemetery that had a portal in it as well. You just conquer the whole space?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Bored @ work.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:37 am
Minor Diety

Didn't remember this topic, but i certainly have played this game before.

Could it be that there's a sequel (Rebuild2)? I think i played that one pretty recently as well (like 2 months ago or so).

~King of Thieves~

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:25 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, that's the one i've been playing.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 am
Minor Diety

Haha, been playing Rebuild again lately as well. Shit is GOOD. If they somehow made it into a full game with more variation, I'd totally buy it. For like 5 bucks. :roll:

- Coach

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm
Minor Diety

Same :D

I could list you what i'd like to see in Rebuild 3 :D

Flash games and indie games are so damn good sometimes.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 am
Minor Diety

Let's hope Project Zomboid and Dead State deliver what they promise...when they ever come out.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/

- Coach

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 am
Minor Diety

PZ I dont dig due to the inability to see anything behind you, despite the top-down view.

The other game however looks awesome!

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2