It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Hahaha! Never look back man! :D I'd rather NOT know how close it is, and get struck down unexpectedly than facing the panic/horror of seeing it...don't forget that your sanity hits rock bottom the more you look at a monster, which is rarely good for your mobility. ;)

I loved those moments btw...running away, closing doors behind me and hearing them being splintered one by one, only to hide in a dark corner somewhere with it standing 1 meter away from me, frantically trying to control my breathing...

- Coach

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 am
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah there was one bit really early on in the game, where you're looking for a key and the game warns you that someone is coming - I found my self torn - do I frantically search for the key, or frantically search for somewhere to hide!

Playing this game makes being a pussy, manly as hell.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Always hide bro :lol:

How's it going?

You'll love the Justine DLC once you're done with the game itself.

- Coach

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, I got good news for you (and me) Mole: Frictional is teasing what seems to be a new Amnesia game (or expansion):

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02 ... t-amnesia/

- Coach

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:15 am
Minor Diety

I finally got back to this the other day, I've just gone past the Choir section. I love how this game just doesn't stop getting creepy. Like, Resident Evil for example - toward the end of it you [as the player] are a bit calmer except for the odd section. But this game manages to keep you nervous without it getting tired.

I will head on to the DLC soon, and the promise of a new game/expansion excites me.

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah many horror games become a bit "meh this isn't scary anymore" after a while. Amnesia only seems to get worse towards the end, as you're more and more exposed to open attack by the monster(s). To be honest, some things in Amnesia are also make-belief (the music, sounds, visual distortion working in unison for that) and if you just stand still and do nothing sometimes nothing really happens. But it's rather well-masked, and besides, playing a survival horror game and standing still when you think the harbinger of your death or some sort of twisted abomination is following you would be extremely retarded. :P

Have fun with the rest of the game. I think you'll like the Justine dlc too, I know I did!

- Coach

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 am
Minor Diety

So, finally after all this time I've gotten around to finishing the game. The only real problem is that last time I played this was quite some time ago, and now I think I've missed some of what the fuck was going on. Basically, the final scene - which I won't spoil for those yet to play this (amazing) game, I wasn't really sure what was happening and why.

Maybe that's why I found the game so creepy, shit was going down and I didn't quite get it, other than that at any given moment I knew I wanted to get the fuck out of my current location to somewhere where there was some god damn light.

Ox my man, if you have any idea what the final scene was really about, as well as the different options you have within, drop us a line?

Though, said "options" weren't really given to me until I googled a code dropped at the end of the game...

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, don't worry, I played through the game without taking a big break and I was confused too man. I mean it was obvious that Alexander was trying to return to another plane after a while, but some of the details were lost on me. And like you, I didn't realize the whole 'push the pillars/don't push the pillars' thing at first. At any rate, here's the entire story if you want it

http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel

And yeah man, it's the most awesome game ever. :D Amnesia is one of my favorite games in positively years. But I totally understa,d it's not for everyone...I have a few friends who refuse to play it, because it'd scare them senseless. It's funny, I don't like watching horror films at all, but FPS survival horror games give me such a hard on haha.

Don't forget there's a free DLC expansion to the game, called 'Justine'. It's a sort of a standalone campaign loosely tied to the original game. Also very much recommended.

And to expand on that, Frictional Games (the devs) also made the Penumbra series which I absolutely adored. Again scary as hell, great atmosphere, but a little more adventure elements (combine item A with B etc, solve puzzles). Still, highly recommended. The 'handling' system is much the same as in Amnesia, where you use mouse movements to open drawers, doors, etc. There are three parts: Overture, Black Plague, and Requiem. Overture is good, Black Plague is better, Requiem is meh. Still, might be cheaper to buy a pack that includes Requiem.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22180/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22120/

Also recommended, but not by Frictional, is Cryostasis

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7850/

And keep your eye on Frictional's next game, set in the Amnesia universe. The awesomely named A Machine for Pigs

- Coach

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2