Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
MoW: Vietnam 
Minor Diety

Post MoW: Vietnam
RPS writes a little about the game

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07 ... souvenirs/

They also mention:

Quote:
In addition to toiling away on MoW: Vietnam, MoW: Condemned Heroes (a standalone title based on the activities of a Soviet Penal battalion), and more DLC for Assault Squad, 1C are currently planning Men of War II.

Quote:
Actually, I only managed to persuade him to drop one hint:

“Massively multiplayer!” he hinted.

(re: Men of War II that is). Mmm. Sounds...strange.

- Coach

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: MoW: Vietnam
uh,no. Don't MMO MoW. That would ruin it. *twitch*

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I second that. MMO isn't where MoW's strengths lie.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 am
Stranger

No but that's apparently where the dream of making gazillion trillion $€£ is.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:42 am
Felix Rex

I think the only one making cash hand over fist is Blizzard.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

No there are others making cash as well like EVE, LOTRO, Warhammer.. Its just that most of the mmo's do not have the big payoff they expected. They make money but it is so little compared to the original plan that they are considered a failed project. I mean how else could games like Planetside and such exist. They make money but little money in the "wonderful" world of MMOs.

EDIT: EVE being an exception, they probably make shitloads of moneys.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 am
Felix Rex

Yea, good point on EVE. Those guys have an incredibly loyal fan base. Besides, you can buy a monocle for your character for $70. :roll:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/22/eve-o ... -monocles/

Quote:
Eve Online’s Incarna update launched yesterday. In addition to the ability to walk around outside your ship, you can also buy micro-transacted items to spruce up your avatar. The problem? The cost of these items is far, far beyond most DLC prices, and it’s affecting the delicate Eve economy.

Things can get a little complicated here as there’s three different virtual currencies involved, so here’s a breakdown:

Customisation items, including clothes and the ocular monocle pictured above, are purchased using a new currency called Aurum. Most clothes cost 3,200 to 4,400 Aurum. The monocle costs 12,000.
Aurum is gained by trading in a PLEX at the game store. A PLEX is essentially 30 days of subscription as an in game item. One PLEX gets you 3,500 Aurum.
You can get PLEX by buying it from the Eve store. $35.00 will get you two PLEX…
…or you can trade for it in game with ISK, the main Eve currency.

If you’ve followed that, you’ll have realised that in real money terms the clothes cost around $17.50 each and the implant costs more than $70.00 (or four months subscription). An astonishing amount for an item with no in game functionality. For comparison, Bethesda’s often mocked Horse Armour DLC cost $2.50 on release, some 28 times less.

Of course you could trade for it in game, but the new demand caused by these items has driven the cost of PLEX up. It now costs 400 million ISK, up from around 370 million before the update.

Would you pay $70.00 for a monocle? No matter how classy?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I doubt the MMO thing is gonna be great, but we'll see where they go with that. MoW 2 is still long ways from now anyway.

Lol @ the monocle. OF COURSE I'd pay 70.000 for a monocle! Only people who have that kind of money would get a monocle anyway, so it makes perfect sense.

- Coach

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm
Felix Rex

We need to play some more MoW. :) I'm looking forward to the map DLC that's coming up, but we might as well beat all the existing maps on normal first.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, sorry I've been MIA a bit lately. I've got a massive freelance job going on (calmer now, but should get busy again coming days) so I try to limit my being online on Steam as to not be distracted too much. ;) But looking forward to some more MoW awesomeness soon.

- Coach

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:04 am
Minor Diety

hands-on on RPS...Jim Rossignol is a massive and die-hard MoW fan, but didn't seem (completely) convinced by the MoW: Vietnam hands-on.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07 ... r-vietnam/

Still, fuck it, it sounds awesome. And the new trailer is pure sex.

- Coach

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:25 pm
Minor Diety

More info...not very interesting, but it did learn me that helis will be controllable. Fuck yes. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... close-now/

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 am
Minor Diety

Getgames is selling the special edition of MoW: Vietnam for 30% discount for people who own one of the other games...registers on Steam too

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/men-o ... al-edition

Quote:
Get Gamers,

On the 9th of September, Men of War Vietnam is released. We’re quite the fans of Best Way’s series from the original Men of War, through to Assault Squad each game has in our opinion, been bloody good stuff.

Now Best Way have turned their attention to Vietnam. The pre-eminent superpower, America faced down by the Vietcong, one of the most cunning enemies ever to take to the battlefield.

We’ve gotten together with 1C to put together a deal for you gamers who have previously bought a Men of War game.

Until September 12th we have 30% off the Men of War Vietnam Special Edition.

This edition includes 3 additional multi-player maps and 5 additional single player scenarios. All you have to do to trigger this discount is type CHARLIE into the voucher slot in the shopping cart and you will have 30% knocked off

£34.99 > £24.49
€34.99 > €24.49
$39.99 > $27.99

Charlie's in the wire!

Get Games

- Coach

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 am
Felix Rex

I bought it. why not?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:42 am
Profile WWW