It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Minecraft 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Minecraft
I just finished the first of my multiple projects (only been playing 3 days and got way too many things I want to do!)

The projects are these:
1. Flatten a hill between my current base and the sea so I can build a castle with a sea view and a moat around the other sides, complete with courtyards, gardens, orchards etc - in progress

2. Huge underground mining complex - in progress and always will be

3. Undersea glass tunnel which leads to a lighthouse/fishing area - done!
I've basically got a glass tunnel leading to the middle of the sea between my old spawn point and my current base, then it spikes up into a glass tower with sandstone stairs spiraling up the inside until they reach the top where I plastered torches all over more sandstone. There are also wooden doors just above sea level that lead out onto glass ledges which go right around the tower and lead down to a wooden pier (that also completely encircles it) so I can jump in a boat and head out to explore. The beauty of the tower is that it acts as a net for the fish (for those who don't play, if you catch a fish you kind of fling it behind you and have to go search for it to pick it up, so now it will hit the tower and I won't have to go search).

I'll get screenshots tomorrow and post here. I'm quite proud of it but it's nothing compared to some creations people make.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well my mining complex is slowly realising it's potential - however a slight mathematical error near the start means the first two tunnels don't quite line up properly, but not so much that I can't fix it with the next tunnel.

Basically, my plan is 4x4 junction, tunnel 16 blocks, 1x support beam, tunnel 16 blocks and then repeat - so essentially I'll have a grid.
Then between every 5th and 6th junction there will be a large storage area with stairs leading up and down, and the pattern repeating in symmetry on each floor. I reckon in just the area I'm in now, there will be at least 3 floors up and 1 more floor down.

Then using sing posts, have directions towards the nearest exit/store room, and also as I find dungeons and chasms, block them up and mark them with signs for exploring later. Right now, I'm concentrating on building up my resources so that I can just set about building my castle, instead of the current plan of *build* *run out* *mine* *build* ad infinitum.

I also tinkered with basic electronics to create a double door that automatically opens and closes; however it proved a little bit redundant in it's current use as it mean mobs could open my door from the outside and wander on in to my hovel without due permission and slay me whilst I'm busy crafting! Anyway, I have to get back to work now!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Can't you just use a lever system for a double doors? I mean I have them in my fortress. Or do mobs manipulate levers too now? :o

I should get back to the game to build some amazing piston-based shit, like elevators.

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 am
Minor Diety

I got a pic of my lighthouse at night. I'm slowly flattening the mountain I want to build my castle on and built quite a lot of the moat last night. I think I'm close to a dungeon in my mine as well!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:
Can't you just use a lever system for a double doors? I mean I have them in my fortress. Or do mobs manipulate levers too now? :o

Nah, Mob's don't manipulate levers, but the problem therin is that I would have to manipulate the lever. At least as far as I know. Where my doors were to be automatic, so it would work inside where mobs could not get past my castle walls etc. Just not on an external door - however, it does mean that as I enter my safe-zone, the doors automatically close behind me! :D

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Love the tower Pev! I'm not much of a sandstone man myself...prefer cobbled stone. ;)

I took some pic of my first base. it's not much to look at, just one small cabin on a frozen lake with a massive tower on it. Oh and a rollercoaster that goes from the top all the way to below sealevel. :lol: Also walked around a bit in my underwater areas, with a pc from my underwater winter garden. :roll:

I may need to change my texture pack to something new, since this one is too old and hasn't been updated with the new stuff (appears as a blank to me). Once I've found a good one, I'll show you the metro and my hell fortress. ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 pm
Minor Diety

The underwater parts of the original base. Most proud of my winter garden.

- Coach

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Minor Diety

Awesome pics Ox, loving them, need less nighttime in it though :P hehe. I've filled my quarry with water and made it part of my moat, which is almost complete and also nearly got lava on my head earlier whilst digging down near the bedrock. I ended up making a big lava pool near my current front door just for the hell of it but I will figure something cool for it soon. Actually one cool thing I'm gonna do is make a huge pillar of lava down the side of my ladder (blocked off by glass) for lighting!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Naaah Night time all the way! My castle is slowly coming together now, but it's taking a looooong time!

Also, the one with the graphical glitch on. Ignoring the glitch, when you see it, you will shit bricks.

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Does that gate fence actually go up and down Mole, or is it esthetic? ;)

Pev: one bucket is enough to get a Lava stream going in a glass column! ;) Mind you: the heat of lava will make anything that can burn sponteanously combust after a while if it's within a certain radius (even with walls between it). So make sure your lava is far away from trees or wooden stuff or you might see a massive forest fire or your house burning down! I lost my grand library twice before figuring out what the problem was....had to move the lavastream a few blocks away.

- Coach

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 am
Minor Diety

I actually started that on Friday night, I have a lava column going down the side of my mine ladder... had issues at the bottom with a missing block and some burning flesh though... #cough#

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Unfortunately the gate is pure eye candy. But I have an outer entrance to the castle; which is just a regular door. On the inside of that tower I have a series of button opened Steel doors to keep the nasties away, now when it turns nighttime instead of running back to my hovel I sit in my tower and laugh maniacally.

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't know if you guys are still playing Minecraft, but with the adventure mode update (new biomes! new mobs! new food bar! new NPC villages! deep faultlines! abandoned mines! etc etc etc) I returned to the game and created a new world. I actualyl ended up in what seems to be a massive ocean biome...I've been sailing North for hours and found nothing but water and small and big islands. I'm wondering if there even IS a big continent in my world. It's pretty impressive. :)

Haven't done much so far but build a shack from wood and stone, and then I went exploring (as I mentioned)...I made massive hauls of iron (4 stacks of 64 iron ingots), found 2 dungeons + chests, made a diamond pick-axe (and had 12 other diamonds), full iron armor, compass, 45 gold ingots, 2 stacks lapis lazulli and a stack of redstone dust...basically I had a MASSIVE loot haul from travelling and exploring for hours.

As I was heading home over the oceans I cut across a larger island over land. I was talking to a friend and standing still and suddenly....PSSSSSHSHHHHHH BOOOOM. DEAD. :cry: All my diamonds, iron and gold somewhere in the wild wilderness, a loooong way from my spawn point. All gone. Typical MC. :)

Not sure what I'll do next, but a big lighthouse seems like a good place to start in my ocean world.

Also, if you got 20 minutes...Make yourself some coffee or tea, sit back and watch this ab-so-lu-te-ly insane and awesome Indiana Jones Minecraft vid. It's a must-see.

http://vimeo.com/27854932

- Coach

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 am
Felix Rex

omg that almost put me to sleep....

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

@Ox, remind me to come back to the vid - I'm just off to sleep!

However, yes I'm playing minecraft. Well, sort of. Basically, I'm loving the new 1.8.1 update but it keeps crashing and the frame rate is choppy, even on 'fast' graphics and short draw distance etc. There are a few other people with the same issue, seems to be something with Nvidia cards but alas there's not much I can do until a patch arrives.

What I'm trying to do now is get a lot more coal and try to build and protect the rest of my castle in one go; which is mind numbingly boring when it comes to mining for hours.

Wtf are those new floaty black things that take random blocks of my buildings away!

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next