It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Minecraft 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Minecraft
I (and a friend of mine) also noticed the memory issues with fancy graphics + distance rendering...it became much better once I put it to short distance and 'fast' graphics tho. I still have the ocassional memory crash but not nearly as often as before. Also, don't use a really fancy texture pack, that'll kill you (in case you are using one).

The tall dark creatures are the Endermen...they come out at night and move around blocks. They're not aggressive as long as you don't look STRAIGHT at them (ie, move your crosshair on them). If you do, they'll briefly stare back at you and teleport to you and try to kill you. They're pretty awesome.

As for running out of 'common' blocks...stuff like dirt, stone, sand: I decided a while back that I'd just edit them into my inventory. I mean really, once you're past a certain point you're drowning in iron and probably have a little diamond, and getting enough basic resources is just boring and a waste of time. I'd rather spend my time building or exploring abandoned mines and vast oceans for diamonds and NPC villages etc. ;)

- Coach

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I'm still playing, though been back on Oblivion too. Mostly been just messing about though as it's due for actual release in Nov and levelling up will finally work! The amount of xp I have I must be level 10 at least. Really should post some updated pics of my house and also my new house (when I actually finish it)

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Will levelling up be retro-accumulated?

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Apparently so. No reason for the exp to already be added if not, sure I did read somewhere it will be retro'ed.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Time to have your mind blown

For those who don't know minecraft, the little black dots flying around in the timelapse are people building. :P

- Coach

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:16 am
Felix Rex

some people have way too much time on their hands

*goes back to playing SWTOR

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

/is waiting for Satis to post a massive TOR timelapse video

It's only a matter of time!

- Coach

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 am
Felix Rex

that would require me to actually record video, I think. :roll:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So, me and Derf have been playing MC together on the RockPaperShotgun MC server...we ventured into the wilds, prospected for a nice site and didn't really found something that was COMPLETELY to our tastes, so what did we do? We found a collection of 3-4 lesser mountains with a little valley between them and capped the top. :) We're close to creating and closing a hollow supermountain, and from there we will have to see what we'll do. All praise goes to Derf though, for his tireless OCD work on putting the stone down. :P

I have mostly been exploring and doing work on the side. For one I found a massive abandoned mine that we strip for wood, stone, ore and railroads, then built a powered metro rail from our construction site to the mine. It's not much but it makes life a lot easier.

Next order of business for me is to build an enchanting station and go back into the mines. :)

- Coach

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 am
Stranger

Is the game on sale sometimes? I'm so ruined by steam sales :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am
Minor Diety

Don't think I've ever seen Minecraft go on sale. It's amazing though, so worth the money.

I'm addicted to it again, thanks to a colleague getting the 360 version for Christmas. She's on creative mode and got some huge hotel complex going on already, whilst I'm still on survival and barely get anything done when I play but I don't care, I love my survival mode!

I now have on it:
My starting base - sandstone mansion/castle type thing complete with a lookout tower. It also has a bedrock-deep mine which needs lots more digging out, plus a higher mineshaft that connects to the coast a short distance away with a door to escape out of. From this door you can also get under the sea to my lighthouse - pic on this thread I think somewhere. Complete with boat and lots of fishing rods so I can fish for hours with no mobs spawning. Around the house is a little flower garden, a moat to enclose it (bridged by trapdoors so I can raise them to stop things getting in and which also has a creeper statue over it) and a wheat and cow farm.

Huge railway system - nowhere near completed but it is vaguely laid out. It will eventually be a fully powered, non-stop circuit that pauses at certain stations for you to get in the carts between my starting base and my current base, plus other places along the way. Right now it goes maybe a quarter of the distance then goes back, but it does at least pause at each end. I do have one nicely built tunnel so far too, all the rest are just 1 x 2 gaps through the mountains but one is a properly rounded tunnel with torches and wooden supports.

Second base - small house that needs rebuilding. It's set in a huge mountain range with virtually every biome type near it. Desert, swamp, taiga, jungle... I've got a small fairly flat valley which has a barn, an orchard, cow pens, sheep pens (with at least 1 of every colour sheep), pig pens, chicken pens, wheat/sugar cane/carrot/potato/pumpkin farms and last night made a nice little bridge over the nearby lake to make getting around easier. But the bit I'm really proud of is:

Huge hollow mountain - well ok it isn't completely hollow yet but goddamn I've dug out a lot. All hail enchanted diamond pickaxes with Efficiency IV! Dug out down to bedrock level and more to go, I've done maybe 1/4 of it so far. It has huge arched bridges (think mines of moria) for the rail system to run on and currently also has 2 floating lava lakes (digging round those without letting myself get scorched was fun and very close at times!), stairs down to the very bottom (where conveniently slimes spawn quite regularly), a zombie spawner which I've enclosed and made a giant zombie face on the front of (so I know what spawns in there, got a skele one somewhere in my mine complex, gotta find that again) and a resident bat. I do have some plans for when it's all hollowed out properly though, including a Thundercats style entrance, a snake hanging from the roof (possibly have the railway going through it somehow), lava columns/rivers all interconnected to help with the lighting, floating lakes and a floating, indoors forest. Oh, I also have a nether portal in the middle of one of the lava lakes at the moment.

There's also a really nice jungle mountain not far away but I'm resisting the lure of that until my previous plans are a bit more complete.

I want pics of your hollow supermountain!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Jesus Pev your stuff sounds even more impressive than ours, and there's two of us! D-: I think maybe you should be the one taking screenshots!! ;)

I'll try to take a few of our construction site, although mostly it will just be a massive empty room. Although Derf's tower wing is shaping up quite nicely!

You can get an idea of what it looks like from afar by checking the server's dynamic map if you want. It's too bad you're not on the PC version anymore or you could come and visit!

http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/

You'll need to zoom in, but our building site is at around the coordinates 1050, 65, 3072.

- Coach

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 pm
Minor Diety

Haha it sounds impressive but it isn't. Most of it isn't even started yet anyway and I had a really irritating moment the other day (let's just say creepers were involved multiple times, and the final straw involved a nether portal, a pigman, lava and my diamond enchanted pickaxe)

I AM on the pc version thank you. I own the 360 version (and the kindle version) but never touch them. So yes I may come and visit :)

Think I found you on the map, looks very impressive even on that so must be awesome in-game!

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks! We continued work after a short hiatus, and finished most of the outside of the fortress. Derf has done terrific work on the towers and the castle top, while I've been busy lollygagging and figuring out how to construct a massive iron portcullis gate operated by touch. The result, after many failures, is quite spectacular if I may say so myself. :P

Btw Pev you can always hop on to the server just as a guest...you won't have the rights to manipulate any blocks, but you can visit the fortress! The address of the server is 37.59.44.92

Once you log in you'll spawn at the central hub, just go down to the portal hub, find the portal there that says "Land's Edge". Once there, walk down the stairs and take the portal down there to "West Hub" (you can cycle through the locations by right-clicking the sign on the portal) and there take the portal to "Derfox". Should bring you right to the doorstep of our castle. :)

- Coach

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:08 am
Minor Diety

Might pop on tonight, getting all inspired again after checking the website for Westeroscraft (.com I think), amazing reconstruction of the world of Game of Thrones so I want to go check their server out at some point, just to be nosy.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next