It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising 
Felix Rex

Post Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Figured I'd start a topic on this rather than us using the ARMA II thread. :roll:

Anyway, I had fun yesterday, even if I had to commandeer Shiny's computer and Steam account so I could load up the demo to play. No allowing the demo and full game to play together is stupid, imo.

At any rate, I enjoyed myself. Even when Derf went all crazy and shot our chopper pilot in the face. Ricochet my ass. :roll:

I believe Ox and Derf have picked up copies and will be receiving them via mail soon. Then we can kill some Chinese.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Sorry about that crazy moment :) I knew we completed the mission, so it seemed logical for me to put half a magazine into our exfil chopper..... :|

I was impressed overall. The game runs so well, and the visuals are so functional that it feels you're actually part of the environment, among the grass and hedges. And it's also fairly pick-up-and-play in that respect. Not too much menu-faffing.

I cant wait for us to start a good mission on a harder mode where we actually have to stop and think before doing stuff.

One thing I think Rinox is going to get a hang of, is to be patient. I remember we were still attacking enemy from the elevation and he was charging down into close quarters. In this kind of game, that shit gets you killed on harder modes :D I'm sure you know that though, and that you just wanted to test how effective your SAW was from 20 metres.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 am
Felix Rex

lol, yea, I heard via voice chat the Ox had run down the hill and was coming under heavy fire, so I followed the green tracers to about 5-10 guys in the opposite tree line, lighting Ox's ass up. So I just took awhile shooting them all. Lucky for him their aim was so poor, though he was smart enough to go prone, which I'm sure helped.

I wish I'd checked out the machine statistics to see kill counts. :twisted: Next time.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah, I only did that out of sheer faffingaboutness. :P I may not be a military shooter expert but I do know that a) you never give up high ground if you don't have a good reason and b) keeping distance between you and the enemies is crucial when you're outnumbered. Bizarrely, no one hit me during my stint on the open slope. :roll: Bullets were flying everywhere but not on me. After I ran to the bushes and went prone things were a bit better.

But yeah, it looked like a crapload of fun with some coordination and more experience uber my belt. :) Order was shipped today, should be here by the end of the week.

- Coach

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm
Felix Rex

unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to play. :evil:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Count

He means fortunately he will be out of town this weekend but unfortunately that means he will not be able to play. :)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:33 am
Minor Diety

Translation: Going round the in-laws?

:)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:33 pm
Felix Rex

Nah, we're doing a Shiny-centric road trip.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Yes well I only turn 30 once. :argue:

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:37 pm
Minor Diety

I got my copy and I trust Ox does too.

So we up for a game this weekend? I checked out coop MP mode and you can play the campaign or single missions. I guess we may as well play the campaign?

Ox, as you log into MP, you'll probably get prompted to get the patch, so here's the link:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_55280.shtml

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 pm
Minor Diety

I told you I got my copy on Friday, you forgetful bastard. :P And yeah, I already patched it on Friday too, but thanks for the link. And I thought playing the campaign was the plan all along? for me anyway.

I haven't actually played the game yet for the simple reason that it doesn't have a tutorial mode that I can see and I don't want to spoil the campaign yet. I did check the difficulty settings and above normal there's 'experienced' and 'hardcore'. The main difference between both seems to be mostly that there are no mid-mission checkpoints. Death is permanent in both. So I dunno...I'm all for a little challenge, but no checkpoints at all seems a bit harsh. Unless Satis tells us that no mission ever lasts longer than 1 hour or something. :)

- Coach

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:23 am
Felix Rex

Some missions can take a long time. And besides, it's VERY easy to get unlucky and take a bullet to the face. So checkpoints can be kinda nice. I'd suggest we play at least a few missions on normal and, once you guys get better at using the controls and the interface, we can see about bumping up the difficulty.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm more for starting on experienced and you treating us as greenhorns and learning us the ropes. Then you'll see you get hit in the head by a completely random bullet (prolly one of Derf's infamous "ricochet" shots ;) ), and me and Derf make our newbie asses to the chopper under heavy enemy fire when I go Barnes on him...

Then I'll play this music through the voice chat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Adagi ... Barber.ogg

- Coach

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:44 pm
Felix Rex

hey, yea, that sounds like fun

/me prepares to send Ox on suicide missions.

Yea yea... just run in that house. I checked it out, there's no one in there. don't worry about all the yelling in Chinese, it's a radio.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I love radio!

- Coach

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next