It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Question about GtkRadiant 
Minor Diety

Your comp should be handling it fine. Ive never played this game, but have you tried looking for a patch?

Either that, or try a re-install.

Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:08 am
Duke

I believe this was directed for Satis. GTK radiant is a map editing tool, not a game. Satis might have some insight, but he hasn't been through for a day or 2.

Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

Post Re: Question about GtkRadiant
AZK_Dogg wrote:
Im currently doing the ClanKiller tutorials on GtkRadiant Im wanting to make a map for Enemy Territory but when I make the one room map and try to load it the game crashs before I even get in it. What could be the problem?

Here are my computer specs if this helps
Althon XP 2200+
512MB DDR2100
GeForce FX 5200(128MB DRR 64bit version)
Running Windows XP Pro

It's not your system. There could be a couple things wrong... when I first started mapping, I used qeradiant rather than gtkradiant (qeradiant is the tool released by Id) and I had mega-issues. Like 1fps (less, actually), light problems, all kinds of stuff. I fixed that by switching over to gtkradiant.

My first suggestion would be to try a different version of gtkradiant. Either a newer one, if there is one, or an older one.

If that doesn't work, it's possible there's something wrong with quake. Maybe try defragging, then ripping all of quake out and reinstalling it with the point release.

Hmmm...I wouldn't go that far quite yet, though. You say quake crashes when you try to play the map? Do you have it set to automatically launch quake on a map compile? You can try switching that off, then loading the map manually through the console. If it still crashes, post the errors here (if you get any errors) so I can take a look at it. If you need any help with how to do any of this, just ask.

Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hmmm. I don't know. All my mapping experience is with vanilla quake... I know the wolfenstein stuff is somewhat different.

My guess is that something going wrong in the bsp process. The compiled map is probably screwed up in some way, and when rtcw tries to read it it crashes. I'd still recommend just trying a different version of gtk, but failing that I really have no more ideas.

You may want to try posting a question here:

http://www.map-center.com/modules.php?n ... wforum&f=8

You may get some meaningful responses there.

Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]