It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
MoW: Assault Squad 
Minor Diety

Post Re: MoW: Assault Squad
Yeah, good fun. I was getting spanked on the armor front, so Satis took a lot of the load off me...goddamn German lucker tanks. It's also noticeable that they reload quite a bit faster than the Soviet tanks. Meh, not much luck, let's leave it at that.

We took down tons of infantry and even a Panther and other armored beasties towards the end, as our ant men kept crawling ever forward. :D

There was one time where I was getting hit hard by a counter and lost almost all my AT stuff so I aimed my super mortar to the tank clusterfuck, hoping to score some tank knockouts. Lo and behold, the panzer III or IV that had just knocked out almost all my defenses gets flung into the air and against a house. :lol:

Pic proof:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm
Felix Rex

Haha, awesome. that was fun. We should get a game set up this weekend.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

great game with Peltz, Ox and Derf.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

and another good game with Ox and Peltz. :) Banzai!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I got a pic of Satis' reinforcement works. :P

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:38 am
Felix Rex

From today's tickets on the Steam summer sale:

Men of War: Assault Squad
Grand Master of Barbecue - Complete the steam summer sale bonus mission!

!? There's a new mission!?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Me satis and Peltz did the new mission yesterday. We all got like 3-4 men to command and had to first attack a farm yard guarded by 'rebels' and collect a few chickens, then a field of cows similarly guarded and kill 2 cows for steaks, then as a finale a trainyard with a mounted MG, an armored car (stationary tho) and a buttload of men defending. And oh yeah, it had cold German beer which we needed for the BBQ. :roll:

No wories until the final part, where we took out the infantry pretty easily but then were faced with the stationary armor and MG. Satis suggested using a smoke grenade to go in and AT nade the armored car, which worked like a charm. Then Peltz snuck up behind the MG as it was firing at us and blew the high heavens out of it. :P

As a matter of finale, I blew the supply truck Satis was driving up with an AT nade. :lol: Wasn't very smart tho, since my guy burned to death and I came close to actually blowing up the mission critical BBQ with it. :P Even though the theme was a bit silly and not very MoW, it was enjoyable. Working with a small team and no reinforcements worked really well in the game - like in the original MoW but more fluid. It made the inventory system and 'details' like smoke grenades etc shine more. Wouldn't mind some DLC like this. :P

Also played a Jap mission with Peltz and Satis after that, which we smoked relatively easily. :) Also got a pic of my supply truck capping the final point together with Satis' men. :P The night effects are neat on this mission.

- Coach

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 am
Minor Diety

Skirmish DLC is out! :twisted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/64013/

Quote:
Receive a full set of 5 new skirmish missions, 1 for each faction, USA, Germany, Soviet Union, Commonwealth, Japan.

Objectives of the missions are very different to the existing ones in Men of War: Assault Squad and provide a completely new challenge as your task is to defend four strategic positions against waves of enemy troops to hold out long enough to launch a counter attack and finally defeat the enemy.

Skirmishes are created for enormous replay ability, as the launched attack by the enemy will vary every time the player picks the mission, additionally the complexity of the mission increases with choosing a different difficulty, since the AI will use new type of units to heat up the battle. Those missions can be played up to 8 players cooperatively online or in single play.

- Coach

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 am
Felix Rex

hehe, was just coming here to post about it. I've purchased it. Yay! More MoW!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm up for a game soon, wanna test it out. :) We still have a few 'old' maps to go between us in skirmish too, I think.

Did you fire up one of the new maps already? I did and while the concept looks fun, the fact that I have no control over the AT guns and MG's that are deployed beforehand (not the ones you can order) kind off rubs me the wrong way. Ah well, it didn't really seem to matter too much on the little I played, so maybe it's ok.

It totally looks like a triumphant game type for my guerrilla AT infantry warfare, in any case. :D

- Coach

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:21 pm
Minor Diety

I've effectively moved out again and not bought my PC with me. So i can't guarantee any involvement this weekend :*(

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 am
Felix Rex

@Ox... I haven't figured up any of the new maps at all, so it's all new to me. Looking forward to it. :) Sunday I won't be able to play... going to see Cirque du Soleil. Saturday I think I'm up for, though.

@Derf... I can't imagine moving out and not bringing my computer. :o That's like moving out and forgetting your nut sack or something.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, I think his nut sack is one of the few things he did take with him to the new place. ;) But yeah, if I COULD bring my PC, I always would. I don't mind not having it if it's logistically impossible though, cfr. year in Prague.

I'll probably be available Friday and Saturday, so we'll be sure to get some MoW up then. :) Peltz, you wanna join? If you have the DLC that is. Let's hope Derfmakes it too!

- Coach

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:27 am
Stranger

Ill grab it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 am
Felix Rex

cool, this should be awesome. I'll be available after work on Friday if you guys are awake. On Saturday I can probably be available for most of the day, though I'll need to go grocery shopping at some point. :roll:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next