It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
MoW: Assault Squad 
Minor Diety

Post Re: MoW: Assault Squad
Me and Derf tried a mod yesterday that put more units belonging to the time and place of the battles in MoW: AS, and it was a ton of fun. Basically, we played Battle Axe but without heavy tanks (and without most medium tanks). Mostly infantry, light armor and support. Made for a very differrent experience. :) I wouldn't say it necessarily made the game a lot better (because the game is so much fun even vanilla), but the increased unit choice of units was great. :) I particularly liked the Dodge jeep mounted with a light AT gun and machine gun, while Derf was having most fun with the radio scout calling in artillery. :D

Afterwards we had some fun with piling up HE shells and blowing them up. and shelling a café with a heavy artillery howitzer. :lol:

- Coach

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:31 am
Minor Diety

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 7666304057

Hey Ox, there's a German mission that the modder dude finished too, so I would be up for trying that tonight. So curious to see what units we'll have available to us this time, especially as Germans :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:41 am
Minor Diety

Should be up for it!

- Coach

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 am
Minor Diety

FUCKIN JAPS!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 pm
Minor Diety

lol. LET OUT THE RAGE

- Coach

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:21 pm
Minor Diety

Patch out! Extremely detailed and dedicated, as usual.

General

Added M4A4 Sherman
Added M4A4 Firefly
Added StuG III G
Added StuH 42
Added new explosion effect for 105mm shells :D
Changed Stosstrupp special ability to Sturmtrupp
Changed Vsync to be enabled by standard (reduces camera stuttering)
Changed shadow settings to normal by standard (reduces issues some GPUs have)
Changed Ho-Ri I and II to have maximum gun range
Changed Sten V silencer to have have less uncover effect when firing
Changed Nagan PB to have less uncover effect when firing
Changed knives to have no uncover effect when being thrown
Changed sound system of vehicles to not loop exhaust sound (credits to Phazon)
Changed Goliath to be more stealthy when moving
Changed all tanks to have full fuel load on start
Changed sound to be played in fog of war
Changed accuracy curve of Sturmtiger to be linear
Changed all weapons to have more accurately simulated accuracy according to aim circle
Changed inventory of Scouts
Changed visuals of mguns in interface
Changed fuel can of tanks to carry additional fuel
Changed tank mguns to be displayed in inventory only when they are AA-mgun
Increased AI priority to target tanks
Increased minimap icon sizes
Increased animation speed for switching some small arms by infantry w00t
Increased animation speed of jumping over fences
Increased animation speed of tossing grenades w00t
Increased animation speed of healing/finish healing so running away works better
Increased animation speed of getting to cover when a grenade lands nearby
Increased animation speed of hand to hand combat there is hand to hand combat in AS? :D
Increased accuracy of Churchill AVRE
Increased accuracy of Ho-Ri I and II
Increased accuracy of Super Pershing
Increased shell damage of shells sizes 37mm to 85mm
Increased penetration power of Ho-Ri I and Ho-Ri II gun
Increased knife throw speed lol what
Increased at-rifles accuracy
Increased barrel fuel load from 200 to 500 liters 200 liter wasn't much, but 500 in a barrel seems a bit ridiculous
Increased repair time of medium tanks hah!
Increased small arms weapon switch speed
Increased reload time of Churchill AVRE from 75 sec to 60 sec
Increased damage modifier of StG44 slightly
Increased the range of flame tanks from 30m to 35m FLAME TANKS WHAT!!
Reduced recharge time of IS-2 and IS-3 from 15 sec to 12 sec
Reduced high explosive resistance of sandbags good
Reduced mgun rotation speed of Hetzer slightly
Reduced specular of Panther slightly
Reduced accuracy of mguns mmm
Reduced accuracy of carbines
Reduced damage modifier of mguns
Removed mediumbig shell size (85mm)
Reworked the accuracy during movement mechanics for all vehicles
Reworked the accuracy mechanics for tanks reduced tank sniping? let's hope so
Reworked the accuracy mechanics for small arms
Reworked the vision system
Reworked the unit path finding (credits to Ty2903)
Reworked explosion effect system
Fixed squad interface to display all squad members
Fixed SdKfz 251 accuracy setting for movement
Fixed Japanese tank mguns to have accuracy decrease when moving
Fixed vision settings of Churchill Mk. VII, AVRE and Croc
Fixed vision settings of Jagdpanzer IV
Fixed some vehicle vision bugs (credits to Ty2903)
Fixed some vehicle bugs (credits to Ty2903)
Fixed a bug with PPSH accuracy
Fixed vehicles getting stuck on tramways
Fixed vehicles getting stuck on coaster tanks
Fixed that AI was leaving Japanese ammo trucks when under fire
Fixed some erroneous reports in the gamelog
Fixed volume of Type99 LMG
Fixed a specular map issue of the QF 6
Fixed some building props
Fixed some mipmap levels for textures
Fixed mguns of black prince to be BESA
Fixed volumes of Mk2 Matilda

Multiplayer

Added ranked games
Added steam leaderboards
Changed netcode to improve performance wahey
Changed M4A4 FireFly class from heavy to medium
Changed mgun display in unit info menu
Increased chat message size
Increased MG42 timer from 30 sec to 60 sec
Increased price of ISU-152 from 1200 MP to 1400 MP
Increased price of T-34-76 late from 400 MP to 420 MP
Increased price of MK2 Daimler from 220 MP to 240 MP
Increased price of M24 from 360 MP to 380 MP
Reduced price of KV-85 from 760 MP to 750 MP
Reduced price of ZiS 30 from 360 MP to 350 MP
Reduced price of Su-76 from 360 MP to 350 MP
Reduced price of Su-85 from 560 MP to 550 MP
Reduced price of KV-1 from 560 MP to 550 MP
Reduced CP of M4A4 FireFly from 30 CP to 15 CP
Fixed small map issues
Fixed combat mode on 2v2 Canyon multi map
Fixed camera settings on 1v1 Winter Church, 1v1 Road, 2v2 Canyon
Fixed scores of Churchill Mk VII
Fixed scores of Comet
Fixed camera clipping on Canyon

Skirmish

Changed fog of war to visually uncover by allies as well
Reduced AI accuracy on easy, normal, hard for 10% !!!! fucking finally
Fixed flamer price on some missions
Fixed small map issues
Fixed tank crew members flying out of tanks

We had a pretty good game with some epic moments again yesterday. Best (for me) was when a medium tank and an armored car broke through my flank and killed everyone there - except my sniper who'd been hiding behind a rock. Tank rolls past him, but he has no AT grenade so searches bodies...after a while he just grabs the dead AT infantry guy's heavy calibre AT gun, crawls from behind the rock and damages its main gun, then pierces its hull. Bye-bye medium tank! Then he was mowed down by enemy infantry. The man was a hero and deserved a medal. :lol: I actually had no idea the AT guns even COULD breach a medium tank's armor, but apparently all depends on their distance. From close by and in their flank, they can apparently easily destroy a medium tank. Good to know.

I think RPG variations of AT have less damage falloff though, more effective at range. Of course they're wildly inaccurate and have shit range, so I dunno. :roll:

- Coach

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 am
Minor Diety

Haha, wow. A zillion fixes and 4 new units.

Actually Ox, I ran a marine over to take out that medium tank with an AT nade :)

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 am
Minor Diety

GG last night Ox. That went fairly smooth this time, almost easy? I guess practice makes perfect, or maybe it's just an easy map.

Playing as the yankees is pretty fun. They don't have any decent heavy tanks but their other weapons are pretty modern. The M5 heavy AT gun is pretty killer too :D

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 am
Minor Diety

haha yeah, I wouldn't say it was easy per se but we totally grasped the dynamics of the map this time. Defend the first line for a while (with that horrid bunker on right flank), build up strength and take out heavy defenses with artillery/paratroopers (some glorious moments from you there :D ) and then make a push together.

I thought our coordination for dealing with the AI's counters was great too - seemed like our respective defensive lines were at the second line in no time. Of course, that Wolverine taking out 4 medium-to-heavy tanks on its own at the end DID help. :twisted:

For me personally I learned to diversify a bit, to take advantage of every (or at least most) tricks in the book. Using Maxsons, flamethrower infantry, artillery, even a tank or two...

I lost a lot of men though, and I'm pretty sure at least half of them were lost on snipers. It's pretty fucking excruciating to see your men being picked off one by one, often from MG posts too. The problem was that I couldn't have my men hide behind the sandbag walls, since the right side is constantly being flooded by big infantry waves I needed the MG to be stand-by 24/7. So yeah, annoying. Only when I had a Maxson hidden behind a house cover the bunker area did I sleep a little better.

Here are the screens I took yesterday, not spectacular but hey. I still think we need a third man for complete ownage of the skirmish missions, but two sure is fun.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:32 am
Minor Diety

Shit, your Wolverine crew deserve a medal. You must have had it hidden behind some shrub pounding the sides of the oncoming tanks, true M10 style :D Either that, or got some really jammy front-on kills. :)

I dragged one of my two M5 AT guns (which incidentally use the same gun as the Wolverine) to the middle elevated section of the map, just behind the middle flag and this gave PERFECT visibility for tank sniping. I had an enemy Tiger rumbling down my flank approaching my entrenched rangers, and was shitting myself before I remembered i'd put that AT gun there. I took it off hold-fire mode and it slammed 2 rounds into the side of the Tiger from a zillion miles away, damaging the turret then the hull :)

Man I love heavy AT guns :)

Other than that I remember losing a Sherman in a pretty stupid way to a Pz IV. Frontal engagement from afar that I didn't spot in time. Sherman was destroyed without firing a shot in anger.

Your Maxson quad-fifty's were just fuckin scary. That thing is supposed to be an AA weapon, but of course is pretty suitable for fending off waves of infantry. I remember scrolling over your side for curiosity and each time your Maxson would be rattling away on full auto.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 am
Minor Diety

Me and Derf had another evening of MoW fun, doing advanced mission with Germany vs Brits. Not the most exciting mission ever, even a bit grindy, but we won in the end with a swooping charge from the right from my troops. Derf had the shitty side and was mostly bogged down in infantry swarms and having his paper wall Brit tanks he captured raped by one single enemy tank. :(

But the real treat came at the end: we rounded up all tanks that survived and repaired every tank we could find that was still salvageable. The end result is the impressive lineup you see below. The King Tiger in the lineup was the only one to not see actual combat (bought it afterwards).

Then we decided to blow shit up. :D We ordered a ton of supply trucks and had our men unload the heaviest insane shells we could find and line them up in front of the tanks, as well as some loyal soldiers who were happy to hold a barrel of fuel to speed up the process. The end result was...apocalyptic. Nothing survived. Even the King Tiger was instantly blown to shit. Greatest explosion sequence ever.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:17 pm
Minor Diety

The explosion(s)!

- Coach

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:25 pm
Minor Diety

Bonus pic: Derf firing off rounds in his Wirbelwind, which he got attached to while mowing down tommies. And they just look cool with that turret. :P

- Coach

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:29 pm
Felix Rex

you guys may have a problem

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Here are my snappies:

Last edited by derf on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next