It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
MoW: Assault Squad 
Minor Diety

Post Re: MoW: Assault Squad
Had a great game jsut now, sucks about Peltz' problems tho. :( Hope they get sorted soon.

Lost tons and tons of people, but my side was really hellish. And ok, I may have been a little gung-ho at times. :roll: Lost at least 4-5 halftracks that came with SAS guys too. :/

I took some screenies!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm
Felix Rex

lol, good games. I had a lot of fun. I'm still not taking my share of the load, I think, but I'm feeling much better. I got some good vehicle kills in (not like Derf, though) and I think I did a decent job of holding the left. Not that the left was very hard, but hey, better than nothing. :)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

GG. we pwnd.

Shame about P and his technical issues.

I got a good number of tank kills cos I was manning two 57mm AT guns at the centre. So I got good visibility of oncoming traffic.

Just did a little research and the Stug III has 80mm front armour, whereas the Pz III has about 50mm and the Stug III is slightly sloped. I guess that's why we sometimes shots bounce off the Stug III's.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 am
Minor Diety

Mm, indeed. I saw a number of Stugs deflecting shells left and right again.

Your captured Panzer III was doing medal-deserving work covering the middle too. :)

I lost so many men to storming the well-covered slope to get up the right flank, let alone trying to get tanks and halftracks to actually get through the water and up that same slope. I'm pretty certain that if it weren't for airstrikes cleaning up the heavy artillery at the back of the German lines I would have never been able to break through on the right.

Powering through to the last flag on the right without you guys having moved up on your sides wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done either. :roll: Basically my forces were surrounded and smoked out. Ah well, I like to think I at least kept the enemy reinforcements busy for a while.

- Coach

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:32 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I probably should've just kept pouring infantry in from the left... once you get to the back it's pretty easy to tear ass through the blow up buildings. Just getting across that big street was rough going with all the armor in the middle covering it. *shrug* We got it... we'll get it next time. :)

btw, finished the campaign on easy. The second to last jap mission was actually pretty hard, but probably would've been easier if I'd used Bonsai. I did use it on the final mission and just rolled over everything. It was hilarious.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis and I did a jerry mission on easy, had a ton of fun. Was too easy tho really.

I asked Satis to do the final cap with his infantry since I only had a tiger near the flag, and when they were capping I fired a Sturmtiger rocket (380mm) into the flag. Hilarity ensued. You can actually see some of his guys flying in the pic, near the flag. :lol:

Afterwards we dicked around a bit with explosives and blew up a few tanks. Fun was had by all.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm
Minor Diety

I know it goes against our simple-maps-first policy, but a new large map came out of the modding community.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xqqg4yu2o053n

Kinda crude but seems fun cos it's different to what we're used to. A very large map. Also, cos it's so big it may lag a tad. But heck, if anyone's game, let me know.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 am
Felix Rex

Grabbed it. I'm definitely game.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

As did I, i hope i get no more fiasco from the mow mp. The SP battles are so not for me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 am
Minor Diety

Assault Squad isn't much of a SP game to begin with if you ask me...I mean Satis clearly had fun with it which is cool, but I didn't even do the missions in SP. Not sure about Derf.

Downloading mod as we speak. :)

- Coach

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm
Minor Diety

No, I didn't play much SP. The game clearly isn't configured for it. In terms of game mode, in my opinion.

If they released a polished Campaign Generator mod including the old maps from MoW and Red Tide, that would make SP a dream come true. But the DCG mod is anything but polished, nor do I think it will ever be.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 am
Felix Rex

The SP game isn't bad...just multiplayer with only 1 person, basically. :roll: I think it's a good way to hone skills... I'm playing it on normal now. It's really slow going, but I think I can make it. It's forcing me to adapt my strategies. Infantry charges on fixed positions are pretty much just suicidal now.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah, unless it's like 1-2 guys and you're using elite infantry. I like the idea of being in complete control (and putting AT guys in every nook and cranny of the map to guerilla fight tanks), but it gets too fussy for me to keep track pf everything. At normal, even a slight hesitation or delay on a flank can be a massive blow when they start rolling in serious armor.

Btw Satis, you know about the AI's counterattacking right? The AI attacks in waves in general, but it always does a big counterattack when you capture the entire second line, and when you capture the third one. it's advisable not to take it all before having proper defenses in position.

Also, American paratroopers are amazing in SP. They're cheap and can easily take out artillery and heavy AT guns when dropped behind enemy lines. In MP they are a pain because you never know who's gonna control the paratrooper guy when he drops, often wasting the window he has to drop a nade on the gun. :(

- Coach

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 am
Stranger

According to the hints inside the game, the person with fewest troops gets the reinforcements.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 am
Minor Diety

Yeah but that's often more of a guess than anything else (to know who's gonna get the unit). Also, does infantry inside a tank count as 3-4 or as 1 tank? Etc. :)

- Coach

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next