It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Just Cause 2 
Felix Rex

Post Just Cause 2
If there was already a topic on this, it wasn't in the index. :roll:

At any rate, I downloaded the demo via Steam and it's not too bad. If you're at all interested in it, I'd recommend grabbing the demo and taking a peak. You get some restriction in your area you can explore (but it's still freakin' huge) and 30 minutes to do whatever you want. You can do the missions that ship with the demo, or just run off and do your own thing. The latter is pretty awesome.

Does anyone know if Just Cause 2 supports coop? If it does, it'd be totally awesome. Especially if you could have more than 2 people playing at once. The level of destruction you can wreak is pretty impressive.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Just Cause 2
Watched Mole play the demo on 360, looks amazing. Will probably get it but when it's cheap because I know I won't play this as a game, I'll play it as stress relief.

BASTARD CUSTOMERS! I HATE YOU ALL! *me blows up half of continent* Ahhhh that's better.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I still play defcon from time to time. It's fun nuking people. I wish someone would come out with a similar game that ratcheted up the realism a little.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
If there was already a topic on this, it wasn't in the index.

4th page, lazy bum :D

But you are forgiven since I added the tags [PC/X360/PS3] in front of the name for some odd reason.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:59 pm
Felix Rex

heh...you expect me to go through 4 freakin' pages!? :p

I really wish I could reindex this place. *sigh*

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmyLsSW ... r_embedded

This video was posted at Ctrl+Alt+Del sillies section.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm
Felix Rex

heh. Every time I suffer through the opening cutscene, I snicker when she says her name is Bolo.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rock Paper Shotgun did a "wot I think" on JC2 and their general tone is that is has amazing fun potential and looks absolutely stunning, but that the game gets a bit too 'serious' in the second part of it's story to really enjoy all the madness you can cause anymore - so they recommend cheating (a bit) to relish in its full insanity. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03 ... t-cause-2/

Quote:
Get it. Get it because it’s Red Faction: Guerilla x 10 (a game that similarly became overwhelmed with difficulty in the face of fun). Get it because you can steal planes from airports and ditch them into the sea. Get it because you can fly a helicopter up to unimaginable heights and then freefall for minutes. Get it because you can tether an enemy to the back of your boat and then drag him behind you. Get it because you can watch the sun set behind the mountains, as you fire a rocket into a water tower and see it cascade over the town below.

And they refer to these general tips before playing it:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... 5&site=pcg

EDIT: some vids

Plane assassination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD90qfaO ... r_embedded

Two planes aerial ballet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TvKUjgE ... r_embedded

- Coach

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:48 am
Stranger

I'm not sure if i can enjoy this game because i don't really like playing the game engines and just cause 2 seems too light on the story side.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:43 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, I agree, from the demo it looks like the story is pretty much crapola, but the fun is just running/flying around in a sandbox type environment, blowing crap up and causing general mayhem. That's not a bad thing, really. I'm not going to pay full price, but if it goes on sale I'll grab it.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

This makes me want to shell out 50 bucks for the game...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/04 ... rom-panau/

Pretty amazing.

- Coach

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:43 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... se-2/65084

The new trailer for Just Cause 2 summer DLC pack. Theres a nice joke at the end. And i absolutely loved the Tuk Tuk Boom Boom.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:21 am
Minor Diety

I played Just Cause 2 (and finished it) last week, and god was it as much of a glorious orgy of violence and destruction as I expected. :D The grapple hook, the parachute, the helis, planes, cars, weapons, it was all so much fun. Not to mention how great the game looks, simply gorgeous. The only thing that annoyed me were the not-very-inspired gang missions and the typical console BS (cut scenes every time you call in the arms dealer etc, only possible to order one thing at the time so you need to call it 4 times in a row to buy 4 different items etc). But overall, totally recommended. :P

The story is completely random and only serves as a vessel for your destruction, which is totally fine haha. And the vehicles all 'felt' great, although flying planes could be a bitch sometimes. The times I crashed into an antenna or something because I didn't pull up on time... :roll:

Some pics! Little story on the last pic...I had to do a mission where I pick up an operative and drive him to safety, 2 kms further down the road. Problem was that he would ONLY get into another car. He wouldn't get into my fast chopper, wouldn't get on a bike and wouldn't even get into the tank (on the pic) I bought. This was a problem because police was constantly hounding me and the car would always explode before I got to the safe zone, causing a lot of problems. So I bouight that tank to take care of all incoming police instead, but then he wouldn't board it. :/ So I made a line between him and the tank, and dragged him along the highway hahaha! It actually worked well for a while, until he swerved to the left side of the road and was splattered on the bumper of a truck going in the other direction. LOL.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]