It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Aliens Vs Predator (2010) 
King

Post Re: Aliens Vs Predator (2010)
Like how you can take out lights. Im def going to get this as I am a huge A v P nerd.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

cool. Don't expect pure awesomeness, but I think it's well worth the price of admission. Maybe wait for a sale on it if you've got other stuff to keep you busy... and definitely make sure you have a dx11 graphics card. The aliens are supposedly pure awesome in dx11 due to tessellation.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
Q. How do I disable the intro videos?
Navigate to ..\steam\steamapps\common\aliens vs predator\FMV and rename the following files to something else. I recommend just adding ".old" to the end.
fox.bik
sega.bik
rebellion.bik

Q. How do I disable the background videos?
Navigate to ..\steam\steamapps\common\aliens vs predator\FMV\frontend and rename the following files to something else. I recommend just adding ".old" to the end.
alien.bik
facehugger.bik
human.bik
options.bik
predator.bik

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 am
Felix Rex

ahh, cool, thanks. The background videos don't bother me, but the startup videos do. I hate it when you can't skip them.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... s-Predator

Yahtzee reviews AvP :)

- Coach

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 pm
Felix Rex

lol...he was pretty brutal. But then again, I suppose he usually is. I can't fault too many of his gripes, though I probably had more fun with the game than he did. Ah well, I don't regret shelling out the cash for the game. Maybe they'll pop out another AvP game that actually innovates some. :)

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, yeah, he just rips on shit every time. I think he only made like one overall positive review in years (Portal). :roll:

Loved his observation on the 'aliens' and 'predator' thing.

- Coach

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:09 am
Felix Rex

Well, I know a couple of you shelled out the cash for this game. When you guys want to try out the co-op survivor? To be honest, I'm kinda itching to kill some aliens until my head is torn from my body. :twisted:

Any of you actually played the game any?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Not yet.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am
Minor Diety

Haven't installed it yet either, but I'll do so soon once steam gets some decent dl speeds. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:20 pm
Minor Diety

So, I installed it and played through the Marine campaign. Good, solid gameplay, and the graphics are surprisingly good (playing DX11 version). :) As far as the survival horror shooter element goes, the aliens crawling up the ceilings and walls and shit is freaky, but there are also some pretty silly cheap scares in there. Like every time you have to "open a door" and there's an animation where you stick your head through the half-open door, you can be there's an alien there. :roll: But I'm not complaining, really. It's highly enjoyable. Now I'm off to play the xenomorph campaign!

- Coach

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 pm
Minor Diety

Turns out the predator campaign was second, or I accidentally clicked on the predator campaign. :P Whatever, played it and loved it. I gotta say though, it took a while before I got the hang of playing as the predator...it's very different from the marine. But once I got it, the predator is a GOD. Especially once you get his spear, that thing is pretty massively OP. But still, great fun. I started playing the alien campaign and again, it's getting used to at first...the crawling and switching over floors, ceilings and walls is mightily confusing at time, but it's also enormously rewarding to crawl over the ceiling to get behind 2 marines patrolling towards of you, then slashing them open. :D

- Coach

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 am
Felix Rex

Cool, glad you're finally playing it. :roll: It's actually a pretty decent game. Not incredibly awesomely amazing, but solid and pretty fun. I still want to do some co-op multiplayer with you guys though.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That's cool. :) I think Peltz owns it too, and O'Cram apparently usurped Derf's pc and totally wants to play it in MP too. So there probably won't be a want for players. We should get around to pinning a date on the new MoW: AS skirmish missions too, I'll try to organize that soon. :)

I played the alien campaign now, and while it equalled the predator campaign in terms of "zomg this is cool, walking on walls and ceilings" it also was a little more monotonous (because of the alien's obviously limited amount of options in combat) and a lot shorter than the marine and predator campaigns. Still, I did very much enjoy scaring the shit out of marines in the dark and impaling their heads on my tail. :P I think they could have done a lot more with the alien campaign in terms of evolution stages etc, but for an AAA shooter the game already offers a wide range of different tactics and playstyles, so I'm not complaining.

Definitely don't regret buying and playing it.

- Coach

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3