It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Rage 
Stranger

Post Rage
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/idtec ... ailer?hd=1

Looks good.

EDIT: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/quake ... rage/54146
This is the same trailer, just on gametrailers.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, saw it on RPS. Looks pretty cool, I wonder if it can deliver on its promises. :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:54 am
Minor Diety

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:06 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/creat ... rage/54284

Hehe, according to the latest Rage interview it will available when it's fun and over the top.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:29 am
Felix Rex

just watched the trailer... looks pretty good... those graphics are quite nice. Let's hope we get some great gameplay out of Id.... I love the company, but many of their games are lacking in the gameplay department.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Will you believe that I never knew that it's pronounced Id as in Latin Id and not I D (as in 'idea')? Man. Having played their games all the way back to Doom I feel like a complete freaking retard. :?

Go ahead and laugh, bitches. :cry:

- Coach

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:31 am
Stranger

ha ha ha ha.. erh what? it is pronounced id? really? :D I was kinda surprised myself, i always believed this was beyond americans, like building sports car that can actually turn, but they did that as well. Amazing.

/sarcasm off.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 am
Felix Rex

haha...yea...Ox, man... I knew it was Id like psycho-therapy since I first heard of Id with Doom. I always thought it was a damned cool name.

*edit*

oh yea..... hahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You all suck. Wiki confirms it all btw.

Quote:
The name of the company is currently written with a lowercase id, which is pronounced as in "did" or "kid", and is presented by the company as a reference to the id, a psychological concept introduced by Sigmund Freud. Evidence of the reference can be found as early as Wolfenstein 3D with the statement "that's Id, as in the id, ego, and superego in the psyche" appearing in the game's documentation. Even today, id's History page makes a direct reference to Freud.[12]

However, when working at Softdisk, the team that later founded id Software took the name "Ideas from the Deep" (a company created by John Romero and Lane Roathe in 1989), attributing themselves as the "IFD guys". Since "id" can be seen as a shortening of IFD to "ID", some have been led to believe that it can be pronounced "eye-dee". The logo was originally capitalized, but was made lowercase with the release of Doom. It has never been the mixed-case "iD".

I actually have a quite a few English words (ie not idiosyncratic company names like id :roll: ) that I've know and used for ages in writing and that I accidentally find out about that they're pronounced very differently from what I always suspected. That's what you get for reading and writing a lot of English but not really speaking it often.

- Coach

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 pm
Felix Rex

well, to be fair, English is a screwed up hodge podge of languages with some very screwed up pronunciation rules.

On the other hand, the word Id is from German and 2 freakin' letters, so you can't use that excuse.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's Latin ya ho :P It means, well, "it". *is happy to save some face with that semi-intelligent remark*

- Coach

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 am
Felix Rex

Quote:
id (ĭd)
n. In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs.

[New Latin (translation of German Es, a special use of es, it, as a psychoanalytic term), from Latin, it; see i- in Indo-European roots.]

A Latin translation of a German translation of Latin? Not sure how to read that.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think what is meant is that he used 'id' as a translation of the original German concept 'es', probably in some attempt to expand his theory to a wider and more scientific audience. Because id is definitely an originally Latin word.

- Coach

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:07 am
Felix Rex

Or the American concept of omgwtfbbq.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6243433.ht ... tory;title

Just bumping the topic. I believe this one could one of those rare surprises of 2010 if it is released in 2010.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next