It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Back 4 Blood 
Felix Rex

Post Back 4 Blood
The beta is ongoing... I didn't pre-order it, nor did I register, so I'm not playing it. However, from what I've been reading, it's supposed to be pretty good. Basically the left4dead 3 that Valve has failed to deliver for some freaking reason or other. There is a bit of controversy about some of the noises the zombies make, though.

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Back 4 Blood
Lol @ the nigg* zombies

Peltz, I see you own the game? is it any good? is it worth getting the gang back together over? :-D

- Coach

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:58 am
Minor Diety

Saw you and Shiny are playing this now Satis. How is it for you guys? Do you agree with Peltz' take? :D

- Coach

Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:40 am
Stranger

If you look at my recent played list on steam, it has a whole lot of L4d2 and no B4B. I think it says enough.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:34 am
Felix Rex

I've only played a few maps with Shiny so far, and a few solo. I actually like it thus far, but there are a lot of mechanics (with cards and unlocks and stuff) that I haven't fully really figured out yet. I want to play it more, but Shiny and I are still playing quite a bit of Conan, so it's a matter of time more than anything right now. BTW, it was part of the Humble Bundle Ukraine bundle, so Shiny, I and a whole bunch of our US gaming buddies all have it now.

Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

MM I don't really like it when games do this meta gaming "unlock cards" stuff, cause it often takes away from the base game. I mean it might work for certain types of games, like strategy games with a lot of downtime between missions, but in an action game like B4B I just want to have fun and shoot shit. L4D understood that very well - apart from a very short tutorial mission (iirc) there really isn't anything in terms of metagame or instructions....they just throw you in for you to figure out what's going on, and it works amazingly well.

- Coach

Sat May 28, 2022 3:54 am
Felix Rex

I've played quite a bit more now and the cards are an interesting mechanic. It does take time to unlock various cards (by earning points in runs) and then the real big time sink is in building out your decks. However, they can make a really big difference. Once you build your deck(s), you choose the one you want at the beginning of the game, and then every level at the beginning you choose a card (or a few cards) that get activated... stuff like being able to wield 2 primary weapons instead of 1 primary and 1 secondary (that's a game changer), more ammo, more stamina, damage bonuses, team upgrades, etc etc. I'm still tuning my decks, but they make a big difference.

Sun May 29, 2022 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So...I'm thinking maybe I'll buy this game if we think we can get a crew together? :) Assuming there is any interest on your side(s).

If not B4B, maybe GTFO? I saw Satis and Shiny own it, and it's got pretty good steam ratings (much better than B4B). Have you guys ever played it?

- Coach

Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:35 pm
Stranger

I'm up for some coop.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:10 am
Felix Rex

Shiny and most of the other people I play with had absolutely no interesting in B4B after we beat the campaign, so it's been uninstalled now for months. I couldn't even remember GTFO... I had to look it up. I'm not sure how I got this... it may have been with a humble bundle or something? I think I played it once, but since neither Shiny nor I are much into stealth gameplay that was basically it.

That said, I'm game for some CK coop. That'd be fun.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wait, GTFO isn't really a stealth game right? It looks more like a horror-themed team coop shooter? Based on the reviews and trailers anyway.

- Coach

Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:56 pm
Minor Diety

I saw some reviews for it now and it seems quite hardcore as coop goes - building stuff, hacking, tons of different weapons and loadouts etc. And you were right, there are some "stealth" moments too (as in, you need to sneak past some enemies here and there). Although the game seems to be well received by people who are into the hardcore stuff it's maybe not for us. :P

Since you already played B4B we'll have to keep our eyes out for another game for some CK coop. I'll keep my eyes open.

- Coach

Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:27 pm
Stranger

There is a game for 5 bucks called generation zero. We could try that.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7042 ... tion_Zero/

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:24 am
Felix Rex

I've eyeballed that game a few times over the last 6 months. Some of the reviews scared me off each time, but considering the overall rating is really good, that may be a mistake. I do know it's been on sale several times for less than $10, so definitely don't buy that yet. If it's really something you guys are interested in, I'll keep an eye on the price.

Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]