It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 51  Next
Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff
I almost did it, then realized I don't give enough of a shit and am not willing to sell out my anonymity. So...yea... I'll pass. But thanks for that!

I finished Crysis 2. I played a bit of Transistor, but like Bastion, I can't take more than a little bit at a time. I'm installing Bioshock Infinite now. :roll: I also bought Legend of Grimrock 2 and Remember Me.. those will probably be installed in short order. I don't know if I posted, but I'm working a lot of "overtime" because of an impending software release, so I'm spending more time in alternate realities to compensate. Good timing for a Steam sale.

(btw, the "overtime" is because regular overtime you get paid for. I just get pats on the back and a nebulous promise of comp time)

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha I know that feel man. I don't get paid overtime as it is supposedly part of my job description, while my employees (the people under my supervision) do diligently get paid every hour of overtime. :roll: If I was getting paid all the overtime I do I'd be rich by now. Luckily, I can sometimes just go like "fuck it I'm going home 2 hours early" on a Friday when there isn't a lot of work to do, but still, I'm not nearly getting everything back in either comp time or money.

On a more thread-related note, I picked up a few games during the Steam sale:

- Dishonored GOTY edition
- Mini Metro
- Talos Principle
- Metro: Last Light (thanks Peltz!)

As you can see, I've been a good boy. :) How did you guys fare?

- Coach

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 am
Felix Rex

According to my purchase history:

Bioshock Infinite
Remember Me
Transistor
How to Survive
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Legend of Grimrock 2

Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I saw you finished Bioshock Infinite. What was your final conclusion? :)

ALso, what did you think of Transistor?

- Coach

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 am
Felix Rex

I liked them both. The ending of Transistor was a little messed up, but in a good way. The ending of Bioshock Infinite was a whole lot more of a mind fuck, but not as satisfying, imo.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I thought the ending of Bioshock Infinite (and the story in general, as it unfolds) was exciting and ambitious, but it kind of falls apart in the end. Not that it wasn't brought well, but it doesn't really add up if you start thinking about it.

Did you buy the expansion Burial at Sea? It's quite good. A bit different, but still good. And it offers another glimpse into the story.

- Coach

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:45 am
Felix Rex

No, I didn't buy it. I doubt I will, tbh. I hate DLCs. I'm cool with expansions... DLCs feel like money grabs to me. This one may be worth it, but my general distaste of the DLC I think will prohibit me looking at it.

BTW, I played a bit of Deadspace 2. I didn't like it. At all. It was really annoying. It has been uninstalled and thrown into my 'crap' category, where it joins such gems as Jsut Cause 2: Multiplayer mod (why the fuck is this in my game list?), Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior, Arma 2 and The Blue Flamingo. I really should go through my games and move more into that grouping.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Red Alert 2 is free on Origin if anyone cares.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 am
Minor Diety

I do care about Red Alert 2, but not enough to log into Origin. :) There's not even that much wrong with Origin it's just....why?

- Coach

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:35 am
Felix Rex

FYI, Steam sale is live. I'm pretty broke, so I probably won't be participating. Unless something really awesome goes on sale for a really good price. :roll:

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I think what you see is what you get. No more flash sales or bigger discounts. This year they linked the winter event to the explorer queue but that feature is completely broken. Has been for more than a year now. I have steam on a mobile, laptop and pc and on none of them can i finish the queue because it always puts items on there which are not available in my region.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:04 am
Minor Diety

Sucks Peltz. :(

It always works for me but I'm not in your steam region, obviously. i've actually been reminded/discovered a few games that look kind of interesting thanks to it, so I like this low key sale (no temporary sales) + discover queue combo.

The only drawback is that the discounts don't get as steep as they did with the flash sales - but you win some, you lose some. And I'm a big boy so I can restrain myself.

Thanks for Dying Light btw!!

- Coach

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:19 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, thanks Peltz and Ox for buying me games. :) I wasn't joking when I said I was broke. :cry: Sorry the card thing is broken for you... that really sucks. I hate regional lockouts... it's freaking unamerican. And probably going to be again EU law soon, hopefully.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You're welcome :) Have fun killing mechanazis.

- Coach

Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 pm
Felix Rex

I actually need to finish some games I have installed. I realized my available HD space was dwindling rapidly. I also have 14 Steam games installed, plus Battlefront and SW:TOR. :roll:

Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 51  Next