It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 51  Next
Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff 
Stranger

Post Re: Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff
Lego hobbit is free on humble bundle. And something is free on gog as well.. Full Throttle remastered

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:30 pm
Minor Diety

Got them both!

Epic store is giving away Subnautica in an attempt to get people to sign up, too. Supposed to be a nice game, but you don't get a steam or gog key so meh....I signed up because why not.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... utica/home

https://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/Subnautica/

Also, the GoG.com christmas sale has started. :-) Steam christmas sale supposedly starting next week (20th).

- Coach

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 am
Minor Diety

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is free for a short time on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2048 ... Rebellion/

- Coach

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:19 am
Felix Rex

Humble bundle has lego Lord of the Rings for free.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks, picked it up. :-) Got three good to great games for free in 2 weeks, what a time to be alive.

Haven't picked anything up in the christmas sale but got my eye on a few things...I saw Peltz already did his haul. :P

- Coach

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:49 pm
Stranger

Yea. I wanted to buy State of Decay 2 but there were a few issues with it. 1st the game is xbox version, even the one that runs on pc and it needs windows 10 for that. 2nd the Microsoft store is a fuck up. I spent like an hour trying to buy the game, setting up paypal and in the end i still couldn't buy it because the store demanded i enter a US billing address regardless of using paypal (country selector was grayed out, unclickable) which of course meant my credit card wouldn't work (works fine on steam btw). So I gave in and told myself that if it's sold at MS store I ain't buying it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:22 pm
Felix Rex

Funny how that works. I skipped buying a laptop once because they wanted me to provide identifying information to sell it to me. Why in the hell am I going to jump through hoops so I can give you money? Hell no. That stuff really annoys me.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha yeah. I've given up on so many shops (even simple mom and pop ones with a site) because I couldn't buy something off them without creating an account. Is it so hard to have a "buy without creating an account" option? I get it for giant sites like amazon or steam, but why would I create a goddamn account when I'm just buying one item from their store in my whole life (like for a birth/bridal register)? Pfff. Somewhat similar situation for all the new digital distribution wannabes following Steam, GoG and Humble Bundle. I'm not really in a hurry to create accounts for the Epic, EA, Blizzard and god knows who else's store when I can already get a constant stream of great games from the established distributors.

What is your loot for Steam sale? Thanks to everyone who gave me a gift btw, much appreciated. :-) Here's my combined loot (self bought + gifts received)...it's a lot but keep in mind that a lot of these games were like 3 euro or less. :roll:

- Dishonored 2 + Death of the Outsider
- Darkest Dungeons
- Duskers
- Tacoma
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth
- The Last Express (gold edition)
- Prey
- The Messenger
- Murdered: Soul Suspect
- Paratopic
- Quern: Undying Thoughts
- The Room 3
- Sword Legacy Omen
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

Safe to say I won't be buying any more games the rest of the year (barring Football Manager 2019 if it's on a sale soon perhaps)

- Coach

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:12 am
Felix Rex

First... humble bundle has a free game for a day and change. A story about my uncle. No clue, but hey, who knows, might be good.

Regarding my loot, I didn't buy a thing. I bought Kenshi in early December and a bunch of stuff around Thanksgiving, namely:

Fallout 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Watch Dogs 2
Shadow Warrior 2

So far I beat Shadow Warrior 2 and am working on Kenshi and Rise of the Tomb Raider. *shrug*

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Humble bundle has Deponia: The Complete Journey for free right now.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Totally missed it, thanks for the heads up though! :P

Seems like the new Epic store is giving away games every week lately to promote their store and draw customers away from Steam and Origin...not sure if it's working though. Apparently they're rolling in Fortnite cash so who knows how desperate they'll get. :-D

- Coach

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm
Felix Rex

The proliferation of digital stores is annoying the crap out of me. I used to think Steam was good enough, but when I was trying to get Astroneer, Steam was broken for hours and hours. That and the fact they really haven't updated their platform in probably decades (except chat) makes me pretty unhappy with Steam. I recently stumbled across some open source client that works with Steam and other platforms, but of course now I can't figure out what it was, so bleh.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I hear you. Steam has been growing fat and complacent. Imagine how many oodles of cash they are pulling in every month in exchange for...what, exactly? I mean Steam isn't horrible (anymore) but it sure could use all those sweet dollahz to make our lives even better. But no. They even discontinued production of the Steam Link, imho the best thing they came up with since HL2. :P

You'd think one of these other stores would have a shot at Steam's crown, but then you read stories like these: https://www.mcvuk.com/business/gog-lays ... ozen-staff Ok, GOG don't have Fortnite or Blizzard or EA money, but they are probably the second biggest digital distribution platform behind Steam. And with a more customer-oriented business model too. So not really looking good in terms of market competition.

- Coach

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, agreed. Someone really needs to step up and do something exciting. Lots of room to disrupt.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A bit late, but Tacoma is free on Humble Bundle if you subscribe to their news letter (for another 2 hours) :P

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/taco ... le_index_2

- Coach

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 51  Next