It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next
Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff 
Minor Diety

Football Manager 2009 50% of on steam (22€)

Goddammit. If I hadn't gone all spend spend spend on beer, pitta and a taxi yesterday I'd be all over this. But for now, wallet's staying closed. :?

- Coach

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:25 am
Felix Rex

haha, I saw that sale and immediately thought of you euros. But I figured you all already had it. :roll:

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

They have yearly installments, and this is the first one they use a 3D engine in to represent the match events (before that it was dots moving around in a pitch and before that it was a text bar only :roll: ). So...I figured it was best to skip this version and wait for the 2010 one where they actually tweak and optimalize the 3D engine. :P

(and because I already owned FM 2007)

Btw, for anyone else who bought Zeno Clash: you can pre-load it now. It comes out on Tuesday...good reviews so far.

- Coach

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:18 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 01, 2009 3:34 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 am
Minor Diety

I guess it's also free weekend for TF2 since the update is out. So if you haven't played it, you can try it and if you like it, you buy it.

Btw: important change in the game: unlockables are no longer tied to achievement, but you can find them ingame by picking up enemy weapons like you would pick up ammo (it seems).

~King of Thieves~

Fri May 22, 2009 5:07 am
Felix Rex

Are you serious? That's lame. Just kill someone that has an unlockable equipped and that's it? Well, I guess all those achievement servers are going awway then. :roll:

So...what's with the urine jar? I've been splashed a couple times but it doesn't really do anything to me that I can tell, except mildly affect my vision. Does it boost the sniper's damage on me or something?

BTW, played yesterday as a pyro...fun as hell lighting up snipers and spies. :twisted: I'll go for achievements in the future when the servers aren't so heavily overrun.

Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well i'm not sure how you get unlockables, you just seem to get them at random. Dunno what triggers them. If you just play you'll notice you get a message saying you found 'name of weapon'.

Got the new spy gun and the sniper bow and arrow. Haven't tried the spy, love the bow. Allows you to get closer to the action, and shooting an arrow through someone's head .. can it get any cooler? 8-)

Got urine on my a couple of times, think you take more damage then. Not sure. It also disables cloak device of spy.

~King of Thieves~

Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 am
Minor Diety

Dang, you bitches do a lousy job keeping track of sales while I'm gone. :P ;)

Men of war ar 11€/bucks on gamersgate...w00t

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOW/men-of-war

- Coach

Thu May 28, 2009 3:29 am
Felix Rex

There's an Unreal Tournament Free Weekend. I may end up taking an Unreal 3 map creation class in college at some point (Spring of next year most likely) so picking this game up may not be optional. :roll:

Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Steam has Freedom Force and FF vs. The Third Reich up for crazy cheap

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1662/

they're both excellent games and the comic-style graphics conserve well. Worth the buy.

- Coach

Sun May 31, 2009 6:36 pm
Felix Rex

I bought the first one when it came out... it wasn't bad but it wasn't great, imo. /me shrugs. It's not a uni I go to, it's a community college. :roll: But it's cheap and close. Going to a real 4 year university would be many, many times more expensive. :(

Sun May 31, 2009 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I only hear about community colleges in American TV series, and the pattern is always the same:

Character A: "You can still make something of your life - get a job, go to college and get a degree."
Character B: "College?! I'd never fit in there. And how would I afford it?"
A:"But you could go to community college!"
B:*scoffs, then walks away*

I'm guessing it's not half as bad as this stereotype portrayal? I mean it won't land you the jobs you could land when graduating from an Ivy League college but it's not quite worthless either.

So what are they exactly?

- Coach

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:27 am
Felix Rex

They're two year colleges yielding two year degrees, eg an associate's degree instead of a bachelor's. A bachelor's degree is far more valuable, of course. I plan on transferring to a 4 year college to finish up a bachelor's degree at some point, but since up to 60 hours can be transferred I can afford to mess around here a bit and take care of some of the core requirements at the far cheaper institution.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next