It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 51  Next
Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff 
Minor Diety

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1259/PC/Men_of_War.html

And you might just take my place since I keep freaking crashing. :(

- Coach

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:08 am
Felix Rex

kk, I'm the proud owner of a $7.50 MoW now. :roll: It'll give me something else to play, at least. I've been tempted to buy the xcom-everything back recently... this should keep me safely away from that for a bit. Though if they ever put it back on sale I won't be able to resist.

btw, since I know you love me, here's a screenie of my Steam world and my world-dominating download speeds.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:22 am
Felix Rex

hey, that's not so bad. Now Ox needs to display his embarrassing download speeds for us all to ridicule.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:41 am
Felix Rex

holy crap, who's the game addict here? :P

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, I know, I've got a lot of games. :P And the complete list didn't even fit my 1600x1080 screenshot. :oops:

Vast majority is steam deals though, and cheap-ish games. Only paid full price (40-50€) for 5-6 games on there.

- Coach

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:49 am
Minor Diety

http://store.steampowered.com/indiesale

If you haven't played either yet, the 5-game pack is a great deal for Braid and World of Goo. The Path, Everyday Shooter and Blueberry Garden are gash tho.

In the big pack, again Braid and world of goo are totally worth it, Crayon Physics Deluxe will entertain too, Audiosurf a nice gimmick and Darwinia a good game. Rest = meh.

- Coach

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:43 am
Minor Diety

Wow, now I might seriously look into that. Ill have a look at my bank account.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:03 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I was thinking about it, even though I already own World of Goo. I could gift that to Shiny like I did with Half life 2. :roll:

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I gifted her HL2 Deathmatch. Ok no more or we'll spoil Shiny. :)

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:31 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, Shiny is the designated dumpster for excess steam games. :) Not that she'll mind. When I got the orange box I gifted my extra copy of HL2 to a friend who had never played the game (wtf?) and Episode 1 to one who only had HL2 (which, incidentally, I gave him as a birthday present once). Worked out nicely. :)

I might want to warn you guys though: the steam gifting doesn't apply to this 'pack'. Any games you already have will just eat the 'new' copy you bought with the package. So unless you own only one of them and are really interested in at least 2 of the other games, I'd advise against it. There is to be no santa clausing. :(

- Coach

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 am
Felix Rex

oh, that's pretty lame. Screw it then, not worth it to me. I'm already pissed off at the fact you can't gift old steam games to other people (like ones you're done playing). Steam is a great argument against DRM and digital purchase, since your freedom to do what you want with your games is so majorly restricted.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

It really comes down to the $ they make. If i could gift away my games, then the person who wants them doesn't pay Valve. Valve is a company like any other who wants to make money, and it just happens to be that such charity doesn't fit their corporate goals. Hell if i was running Steam, i wouldnt let you gift away games either.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 am
Felix Rex

If I were running Steam, i'd monetize it... let you regift games and just take $1 or something to pay for 'overhead'. It'd be completely free and would shut people like me up. :P I think the real reason is that game publishers hate the second hand game market, even though it really adds value to their games. And Valve is really, first and foremost, a game publisher.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 51  Next