It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next
Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff 
Minor Diety

:) exams right? I haven't played all the Sam & Max episodes but the ones I did play were great. I'm currently playing What's Up Beelzebub from time to time (it's my laptop game), and it makes me smile a lot. An office with the clock always at 16:59 as hell is just brilliant. :)

Just bought the Penumbra collection, Plants vs. Zombies, the Freedom Force pack and And Yet It Moves. A lot of good gaming for 25€, if you ask me! I was sceptical of Plants vs. Zombies at first, but it's great light-hearted fun. Good stuff.

I'm also realizing I'm rapidly becoming the indie whore of clankiller, after a quick check of everybody else's steam games collections in the friends list. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:11 pm
Felix Rex

yea, you've got some indie issues. I bought that indie pack that was on sale... the only ones I like to any degree are world of goo (still haven't finished it) and iFluid (got stuck). The rest were pretty crappy in my opinion. I could see how and why people like them, but they're not for me by any stretch of the imagination.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What other games were included? I can't even remember. I didn't buy the indie pack, probably because I only really was interested in world of goo.

- Coach

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:18 pm
Felix Rex

The indie pack included eets, gravitron 2, i-fluid, multiwinia (haven't even fired that one up), trials 2 and world of goo.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Trials 2 is supposed to be pretty good. Multiwinia got mixed reviews. No idea what the others are about. :)

- Coach

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:27 pm
Stranger

@ Peltz: Double Agent (the PC port) will always be remembered by me as the game that had no 'quit' button in the main menu

Yes there is a quit button now :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:14 am
Stranger

There is a super deal on Steam, X3: Terran conflict for 40€. Do not pay attention to the nasty people on game.co.uk who sell it for 20 expensive brittish £.

[Irony mode = OFF]

Im a fan of X universe but f... no, i am not buying it for that price on steam. I want to buy it from steam because i like having access to my games regardless where i am.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 am
Minor Diety

I only really buy games on Steam when they're in a promotion...the only game I might buy on steam on release is L4D2 or a game similar to it. I'm pretty attached to my DVD cases and, unlike you, I have a pretty broad range of games in stores without having to order them from abroad.

Did you ever contemplate starting a games business in Tallin that brings in the newest games as they're released? Can't imagine that the delay/lack of availability is caused by anything else than logistics, release dates should be the same as in the rest of Europe right?

If you have the starting capital it wouldn't be too bad an idea...

- Coach

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:49 am
Stranger

Nah, too late for that, there is already a company doing that and they get stuff like 2-4 days after the release, so its quite ok. The prices are higher though, even with the added cost of shipping from uk i still get games cheaper on game.co.uk.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Stranger

Valve must be watching our site or something, the price dropped 10€.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Felix Rex

Fallout 3 is on sale for 50% off this weekend via Steam. Funny considering all the recent Fallout 3 talk. Maybe they really are watching us.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

There's also a 2k game pack for $53.99, includes all of these games:

BioShockâ„¢
CivCity: Rome
Civilization IV®: Warlords
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
Prey
Railroad Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon II Platinum
Shattered Union
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete
Sid Meier's Civilization® IV
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier's Railroads!
X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror From the Deep
X-COM: UFO Defense

Is it worth it? Not for me... the games on there I care about I've played. But it may be worth it to someone else.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

BioShockâ„¢ played
CivCity: Rome played, I think?
Civilization IV®: Warlords
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword played
Freedom Force owned
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich owned
Prey played
Railroad Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon II Platinum played
Shattered Union
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization played
Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete played
Sid Meier's Civilization® IV played
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier's Railroads!
X-COM: Apocalypse played
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor played
X-COM: Terror From the Deep played
X-COM: UFO Defense played, assuming this is Enemy Unknown

It's a great deal, but yeah, having either played or owning 90% of the games in there it's a bit of a waste of money for me too. I wonder who these packs target as potential sellers anyway? People who actually know most of the titles in there are very, very likely to have played at least half of them (being a hardcore gamer). Still, I'm not complaining. :)

- Coach

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:45 am
Stranger

Probably targeted at people who like to access their games regardless where they are.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 am
Count

Or people like me who will shortly be unemployed and haven't played like any of those games lmao. Then again, I will probably try to spend more time at the gym and cleaning house. Or actually trying to get a new better job.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next