It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 51  Next
Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Steam sales thread and other bargain stuff
As I referenced in another thread Epic is really going hard on its store with exclusives and free giveaways.

Some of the games it's been giving away for free recently:

- The Witness
- Transistor
- World of Goo
- Subnautica
- What Remains of Edith Finch

All of which are excellent games. Pretty crazy.

And a list of current and future exclusives:

- The Division 2 (Wait, does that mean you and Shiny are already customers of Epic Satsi?)
- Metro: Exodus
- Hades
- Borderlands 3
- The Outer Worlds (new Obsidian RPG)
- Heavy Rain (port of the famous console game)
- Super Meat Boy Forever
- World War Z
- Phoenix Point

And a whole slew of games I'm not super familiar with. That is...pretty impressive. I guess it's time to make an Epic Games Store account, even if it was just to grab some of those free games they're rotating every 2 weeks now. Beyond the obviously annoyance of having to install yet another client I really don't mind it if Steam gets some competition, it hasn't exactly been super customer friendly given its virtual monopoly on the digital distribution market (for PC). But I just hope more niche but very cool stores like GOG don't suffer because of it, and it is unfortunately looking like they might be the first victims in this battle of the titans. :-/

- Coach

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:39 pm
Stranger

Borderlands 3 is timed exclusive though. For about 6 months.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:56 pm
Stranger

Age of Wonders 3 free on humble bundle

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 09, 2019 10:43 pm
Stranger

Sims 4 is free on origin. You have to use the website Origin to get it though. The Origin client allows 'purchase as a gift' only.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 am
Stranger

Steam summer sale is nearing and I have never felt so 'don't really give a shit' before. The wishlist is full of games I really don't care about. And Metro isn't even available on Steam. I started Icewind Dale EE just to get by. :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:51 am
Minor Diety

I know what you mean Peltz, but we all know we'll be blowing our cash on Steam come June 23rd (it's the alleged starting date of the summer sale). :lol:

Gog.com had its summer sale the past 10 days and I picked up Diablo 1 for some nostalgia gaming. Was fun, but probably not worth the 8 euros I spent on it. :P At least I got Toonstruck for free as well!

- Coach

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, my give a shit level on games is low and probably dropping. Unless it's something I can play co-op with Shiny or it's really awesome looking (like Cyberpunk 2077 or whatever it's called), I couldn't care less. Hell, I still have so many games I haven't even played that I own.. like Watchdogs 2, Middle Earth SoW, Dishonored 2, AC: Origins, Wolfenstein 2, Prey, Fallout 4.... I actually really want to play some of those games, but can't be bothered to finish Rise of the tomb raider.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

The summer sale event seems like a total flop. I mean majority just joined the yellow team and the others just went for the badge they liked. How did they not see this coming. The rewards are pretty pointless apart from the 5 euro/dollar discount.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:41 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I agree. This sale is terrible. Steam seems to be losing relevance pretty rapidly. Oh well.. it's their own fault.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah it was pretty underwhelming. :-( I picked up 2 cheap(ish) games and managed to get Valve to pay for some DLC by grinding out a 5 euro voucher (I just let Twin Point Hospital run in the background, was easy). But otherwise I wasn't very motivated to spend any money given the shitty discounts. Oh, and that horrible, confusing and pointless metagame....da fuq was that?

- Coach

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:46 am
Stranger

And there you have it. 0€ spent in steam store. Made 1€ from selling cards. But can't really fault Steam on this, the games available just don't seem interesting. Bought Metro Exodus from Epic store though. And i did get this months humble bundle since it had 3 'ok' games.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:53 am
Minor Diety

Haha Peltz, I see Derf's jade disease has reached your bloodstream too. :P

No but I get the feeling. The sales aren't as deep as they used to be and the games on offer aren't always as interesting. :-( I bought quite a few games during the sale and got a few gifts from nice people (you know who you are!) but I was pretty careful with the pricing too. This is what I bought/received during the sale:

- Heaven's Vault
- We Were Here Too
- Pyre
- Her Story
- Warhammer 40k : Mechanicus
- QUBE director's cut
- Disco Elysium
- Legend of Grimrock 2
- Kenshi

I also got at least 3 interesting games for free on the Epic store during their daily game giveaway over christmas. I never bought a game on Epic but my catalogue there is pretty damn good for consisting of nothing but free games!! :P

- Coach

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:25 am
Stranger

Mechanicus is actually good. The combat is quite satisfying, the story, well not so much.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah I saw you rated it positively! I'm not a warhammer 40k fan per se but I do like the magical future space facism vibes, so if the gameplay holds up as well then I'm in for a treat.

- Coach

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:34 am
Stranger

Just don't build full-melee or full-range builds. Not worth it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 51  Next