It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How to ruin your PC port 
Felix Rex

Post How to ruin your PC port
An ars article on the steps needed to thoroughly fuck up a PC port of a console game. :roll:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... -steps.ars

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: How to ruin your PC port
Quote:
Just so we're clear, when you're bored on a plane, and you have your laptop, and you want to play the game you bought in order to fight boredom, Blizzard's official recommendation is that you play someone else's game. That's pride, right there.

Epic quote of the day.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:30 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: How to ruin your PC port
Hehehe...man, almost every game you play these days feels like a shitty console port. :( I don't care that a game like Arkham Asylum plays better on a gamepad - it's really game that was MEANT for a gamepad. But a shooter, shit. A badly ported shooter is nigh unplayable on a PC. Crappy capped FPS, crappy textures, auto-aim BS, crappy FoV, 4 weapon limitation, clunky on-rails shit, having your back stick to walls...ughhh.

They actually had to PATCH out the 4-weapons limit you can carry in the PC version of Duke Nukem Forever. :roll:

I mean HOW HARD IS IT TO CHANGE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN YOU ACTUALLY RELEASE THE GAME?!! Is there no one testing who goes like "wtf is this?"

Conclusion: cross-platfom games are almost exclusively playtested on consoles by console gamers.

- Coach

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]