It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jedi Academy 
Seigneurial Lord

Post Jedi Academy
Aahh.... can't wait until this one is in stores..... It looks amazing!!!! You can d/l the E3 movie:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_2163.shtml

Damn, I want one of those Hoth creatures!!! 8)

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Fri May 16, 2003 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hmmm. I like light saber games, but I hope the graphics in the trailer were the Xbox graphics. It looks very quake3 engine, which (imo) is played out. Maybe I'm just a graphics snob. The various light sabers looked cool, though. I definetely go for 2 sabers, rather than the quarterstaff saber. :)

Fri May 16, 2003 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Seigneurial Lord

I agree, double-bladed sabers are quite erm... 'I-wanna-be-Darth-Mauly' I wonder if Lucasarts is planning an advantage with a single saber. I read you can customize your character, blade color and hilt in both SP and MP... gooooood :lol:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy for more screens and info

Fri May 16, 2003 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I have never liked any Star Wars games. I'm hoping that Star Wars Galaxies is gonne change that, other games than that i dont even bother to look at!

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 17, 2003 2:08 am
Seigneurial Lord

starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com

If the monthly fee is reasonable I might buy it. I wonder wat lucasarts is going to do to prevent everyone from being a bountyhunter :? Too many would be annoying. Can't smuggle anymore then :P If I buy it, I'm thinking about being a smuggler, starfighter pilot (first expansion) or combat medic as profession. Maybe I will become a Jedi someday :roll:..... even though the chances are very, very slim.

Sat May 17, 2003 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Seigneurial Lord

"While using the more eclectic lightsabers sounds cool, there are some drawbacks. While you gain a slight advantage with the staff lightsaber since you can attack enemies behind you, you won't be able to use force powers that require your hands at all. You're also limited a bit if you dual-wield lightsabers. Again, you won't be able to use force powers that require free hands. What you will be able to do though is force throw one of your lightsabers at some poor fool while still swinging away with the other. When asked whether you could sheath one of your sabers to use your force powers in the game, producer Brett Tosti said it wasn't in the game, but did say it's something they might consider. "

Finally! We know the advantage of the single saber! Full article at http://pc.ign.com/articles/401/401890p1.html?fromint=1

Something else:
One of the coolest effects was that you could scar the creature with your saber. Speaking of cool features, the graphics in Jedi Academy are quite impressive. As you know, Jedi Academy will again be using a heavily modified version of the Quake III engine.

Full article at:
http://www.jediknightii.net/e3_academy.shtml

At least the graphics must be good :roll: I'm sure I'm going to buy this masterpiece :P

Sat May 17, 2003 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

personally I'm looking forward to Knights of the Old Republic. Sorry, I'm just not too impressed about JK3.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

Sat May 17, 2003 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Seigneurial Lord

lol, forgot that. SW:KOTOR, JK3 and SWG are the 3 games I look forward to most :P I'm going to have a hard time this year. Hmmm.... shall I play KOTOR or JK3, KOTOR or JK3...... :(

Sat May 17, 2003 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

I'm planning to get KOTOR and JK3. I loved JK2, except for the random jumpy bits, which really annoyed me. So I cheated to get to the other side of bottomless pits.

Appart from that, JK2 ruled :D

Sat May 17, 2003 3:17 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, JK2 pissed me off. Too many jumping/running puzzles. Got all the way to the end, then never won. :/ Ah well, I was finished. KOTOR actually looks intersting, not the same old shit.

Sat May 17, 2003 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
in jk2 you had to wait far to long for your lght sabre and force powers, lost interest before that. :roll: anyhoo, i agree, can't wait for kotor, but i would buy jk3 if they don't mess you about so much this time. :?

i wanna know if you can have a count dooku style sabre, that would kick ass

Tue May 20, 2003 5:10 am
Seigneurial Lord

Wooooooo! Woooooo! Got a Beta version from someone I know!!! Damn, this game is gooooood :D . Played and finished the SP campaign.. story was quite predictable. Dual sabers and double-bladed will replace the single one online I think... unless you're just a noob or an expert with single saber. Double-bladed sabers are very powerful, don't know if you can block those attacks :? Dual sabers are faaaast, but not that powerful. Both Dual and Double-bladed sabers have a few 'unique moves' which cost mana, but they can kill an enemy with a single blow if you hit them. Mostly still button mashing though.... Cool things they've added are moves like rolling sidewards/jump up quickly/jump up and kick your opponent, and moves you can use to attack an enemy on the ground, a few more.... Gives you cool battles:
You kick an enemy on the floor with a double-bladed saber kick (alt fire since you can't throw that thing), you use a cool move and attack the enemy who lies on the floor (it's a short jump, and you drop down with the saber vertically), he rolls sidewards, you miss, jumps up, and you continue fighting. Can't wait till I can buy the real one! It's supposed to be released 16 September or something like that :?

Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

sounds great, can't wait til it comes out. :D

Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:13 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, i got an uhm, version of it too, and seen it at a mate's, played ti as well. Is pretty cool, and i don't even like star wars so that says alot.When is the "real" gmae supposed to come out anyways? :)

- Coach

Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:48 am
Seigneurial Lord

16 Sept, I said that :? It's a shame you can't play Siege mode with bots :( Bots are too easy, even with Power Duel (2v1 Duel) when you're the '1' guy, on Jedi Master difficulty :( Goot for your confidence though :P

Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next