It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Half-Life: Timming 
Super Moderator

Realism? Operation: Flashpoint. You don't get much more realistic than that (with a few notable exceptions). Battlefield:1942 is pretty good too, though alot less realistic. Still, no armor. A headshot (from me, the killer sniper) will drop anyone. :twisted:

Not if I'm in a tank :twisted: Or plane. I'll kill you easily in a plane :D

Wed May 07, 2003 3:09 am
Stranger

I'm not looking for realism. To achive that, all players need to have max ping of 1.

I'm just looking for a game where there are no armor and no medics. Nice example is RTCW where after shooting 32 bullets into a opponent and he finally dies a medic comes along who revives him. Now where the hell is realism in that :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed May 07, 2003 3:38 am
Felix Rex

Seriously, try Operation: Flashpoint. If you take one bullet, you're probably dead. I've gotten shot 3-4 times before and survived, but my aim was screwed up and I was crawling everywhere I went because my legs were nonfunctional. Very realistic. Plus you can drive vehicles, and tanks, and fly helicopters and planes.

Hey, I can fly too, and tank. I'm not especially good at flying...though I did manage to squeeze under a bridge in El Alamein (I think that's it) once. Freaked me out, I thought I was dead. I'm passable in air-to-air combat, though I tend to get shot down alot. :/

Wed May 07, 2003 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I never played Half-life. I bought a copy once, and had it end up being Counterstrike without the actual Half Life side of it. Really pissed me off. Oh well, never played Quake 2 either. :/

Uhhh, that's bad!

Quickly, find another one copy and turn it on. My best ever played SF.

Hmmm, Q2 is (by first impression) bigger than HL. I played 'em one time (to end) and I groovly bore with 'em.
Music is rich, indeed. But other ... Yeccch! Not for me. But, Q3 and UT are fantastic o, yes!

Lusy -> SPLASH. nasty-nasty-nasty :)

Arathorn wrote:
No way:
1. For some reason Max Payne ran better on my pc then HL (I don't know what've possibly done wrong to get that).
2. Half Life is ugly
3. Max Payne has a cooler storyline.
4. The slow-motion function in Max Payne

1. HL are mooore faster than MP because of time when it is made. I not know your knowledge about DX(es) so, I will not give you banal advices but, try to use OpenGL mode. (dload GL driver for HL, I think CS13 contain that). 800x600 work pretty good on PII 500MHz with 4MB AGP (For ex. NVidia Riva 128) I think.
2. Why?
3. Hah! Not for anyone... Only I can say - I didn't play MP. I've just watched 'em for about 1hr.
4. Yes, that shall work impresive in mooost of critical moments of HL. But it isn't big minus. HL works fine without that.

Rinox wrote:
Heh, i rate games in terms of how addictive they are OR how scary they were, and in this case HL beat MP on both, especially the scariness. Not like i was shocked by HL in general like with Undying, but i did shut down HL a few times after having a headcrab lurch to my head in an airvent.

Once during ROTH i even pushed "reset" in a reflex. How freaky is that. :/

Wow! But, that depends on your impression with game and your resistance(s) on that impression(s).
I had some cosequences. But nothin' special.

For BGII. One period, I constantly dreamed battles with dragons. (In small rooms of Firewine Bridge/GKvil ctcmbs) Only that and that and that. KILL KILL KILL. Ahh to much deaths, drained. No chances! Load the save! Again-Again-Again! KILL KILL KILL. And never killed any dragon there. Just get bored of sleep and turn on the HL. Good cure isn't?
We will maybe talk 'bout HL when I back again. :roll:

Arathorn wrote:
Well, I must say I've completed Max Payne only once. After that I tried on a more difficult level but there you had a time limit.
But on the other hand Half Life only survived for about an hour on my pc.

Heh, then HL is probably not made for you, Arathorn. :) 8)

Arathorn wrote:
Talking about scary shooters: have you played Return to Castle Wolfenstein? The normal levels are ok but some of the zombie levels almost managed to get me a heart attack. The worst thing about is that they can come at two different places. The first time I got in a zombie level I suddenly was attacked in the back by the basterds who came out of the wall a bit back, and when I reloaded determined to kick their asses they came from another place again behind me
Not good for late at night.

RtCW is fine. Really. BUT... (usually 'but') :P

1) Imagine HL with RtCW tech. adv.
2) Imagine RtCW without their tech. adv.

I will not ask or suggest nothin' because I not want nasty-nasty-nasty.

But, can you really compare 'em? An picture of IInd WW with great c-future fantasy?
I can say only what I like more. Why-->hard. You?

Quote:
Peltz:
Come play Devastation and you'll see why all those afore mentioned games are zero. No medics, no magic items, no armors, Just shoot to kill.

Inquisitor:
Devastation?

Arathorn:
Yes, now we want to know more.

That sound like pretty naturalism: Good, but that is not made for me.

Here, on the globe also exist peoples who want good SF... you know, teleportation, regeneration, ugly faces, Xtra-weapons, Xtra-resistances, Fantastic maps, Fantastic deaths, Fanatic antagonists (like Jon I.), cha, cha, cha - etc. :) :roll: 8)

BTW: You really think all of HL, CS, RtCW, Q2,3, UT & BG1,2 are zero? I shall not change all that games for only one. Regardless of they quality. Nope. :P

Rinox wrote:
I've seen screens and read entire pages about HL2 a day ago, that seemed unreal (not the game, the adverb) :/. And it's due for Christmas. Mark my worsds, it's once more gonna blow everythign away.

Now I am interested. Some links? DEMO-Dloads? DevFAQS? Other? :?:

BTW: Strong words. What if they not become truth?

Thu May 08, 2003 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I have nightmares of dragonfights in NWN. Anything else that's rated impossible is peanuts but the dragons always kick my ass around.

I don't know why HL ran so badly on my pc, but because it did I didn't like it.

Thu May 08, 2003 6:44 am
Felix Rex

If there's a half-life 2, I'm probably gonna buy it. I might wait for some reviews, just to make sure it's not crap. That's a rather long dev cycle though, isn't it? I mean, how old is half-life? Kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever, eh? :)

Thu May 08, 2003 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Trust me, it won't be crap, i've read a 8-page story in my brother's pc games mag about some guy of the mag visiting sierra with accompanying screenshots, man i was impressed! :/ I'm not gonna spend tonite telling stuff that was in the preview but i'll link you some screenshots:

All ingame that...

Btw Satis, HL2 was never officially announced actually, unlike DNF which has been delayed for years now. HL2 is quite steadily set for september release.

- Coach

Thu May 08, 2003 4:13 pm
Felix Rex

great news. Looks like a rocking game. We'll see what happens in a couple months, eh?

Thu May 08, 2003 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Prepare for NASTY-NASTY-NASTY!

Fri May 09, 2003 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ah i see, so you just bought camper-strike :D well dont worry you didnt miss much! I dont get it what ppl see in that game, rather dull and boring if you ask me.

WHAT!? Youre the 1st Peltz. CS is great.

As for OpFlash, that also is truly amazing. The only decent war-action-sim out. (9 out of 10) game!.

Fri May 09, 2003 2:00 am
Stranger

Btw, has anyone heard anything of Deus Ex2 latly? :D Whatever happend to it? Gonne visit eidos web page to see how's the game coming along.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 09, 2003 2:18 am
Felix Rex

yea, it's still on track. Haven't heard a WHOLE lot lately...definetely one I'm waiting for. I really loved Deus Ex. Deus Ex 2 should be rockin'. :D

Fri May 09, 2003 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Yea - I am definitely buying DX2 and Thief 3 - I read the preview for both on gamespot..... *drools* If anyone is intrested I'll dig it up for ya.

Sat May 10, 2003 2:37 pm
Minor Diety

Been hearing ubercool things about Deus Ex 2. Something with biomods (upgrades to a certain bodypart/function) for example. A lvl 1 enhanced vision for the eyes-slot biomod upgrade gives nightvision, lvl 2 allows you to see ppl tru walls, and lvl 3 ppl and objects. (like robots)

Combine that with the fact that there are upgrades for weapons that allow you to shoot tru walls= MAYHEM. :D

Some biomods are rather shady and not freely available in stores, but rather on the black market, like the ubercool-sounding Skull gun upgrade for the eyes slot...allows you to shoot beams from your eyes. :o Other than that there are drone Biomods, little robot drones flying around you, for reparing, defense, and whatnot; the Bot Domination biomod which allows you to take over all sorts of robots, and various upgrades for guns: enhanced firepower, silencer, sedative arrows, etc. Even bullets that follow ppl behind corners.

Other cool things: the AI chars are hindered by lighting effects just like you. If you direct a halogen lamp onto an opponents face he'll be blinded by the sharp lighting and won't be able to aim succesfully.

All very cool features imho...if i can run it i'll get it. Oh, and they adapted the previous, crappy, interface.

- Coach

Sat May 10, 2003 5:49 pm
Super Moderator

Yea it looks good - and what's better is the dynamic shadow thing. Thief III uses the same engine as DX2 (same developers) and you get to have a shadow meter thing to tell whether you are hidden or not. And if a dude with a flashlight come along, it makes all the shadows really dark except where he's pointing the torch.

Sounds great.

HL2 looks like a possible buy for me - I might wait for a demo or borrow it off a friend though.

Sat May 10, 2003 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next