It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Half Life 2 Expansion Pack 
Marquis

Post Half Life 2 Expansion Pack
Apparently there's an expansion pack due in the summer. As far as i know nothing really offical had been released about it. But i read a newspaper article saying that you didn't play Aleyx Vance.

I'm hoping Colonel Shepard makes an appearance, afterall Gman took him too (if you ever played Opposing Force you'll know who i mean)

If you didn't then basically Colonel Shepard was a marine sent in to Black Mesa to take care of the scientists, especially Freeman. So things go a bit wrong and the government send in the Delta team or whatever they are to take care of the marines. So you are basicaly trying to escape with your life, and you catch glimpes of Gordan every now and again, the coolest one is where you see him jump through the portal into Xen. And then you go on to kill the really big monster from Xen while gordan is killing the leader of Xen. Gman then turns up and does effectively what he did to Gordan.

So i presuming Colonel Shepard is around and able to turn up in City 17. I think it would be pretty sweet if he turned up during the time Gordan and Aleyx are stuck in the slow teleport out of Nova Prospect. You could have him leading the rebellion that occurs just before Follow Freeman. You'd get to shoot lots of striders anyway :D

Anyone have any idea what the story line might actually be?

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:04 pm
Minor Diety

Yup, the expansions is currently named 'Aftermath' and is supposed to deal with the events after the destruction of the Black Citadel. And you're likely to play as Gordon Freeman after all:

Quote:
As for where Aftermath is set, and the timeline, it's very much a logical continuation from where Half-Life 2 left off, as Laidlaw goes on to explain in the PC Gamer feature: "[Aftermath] deals with the events and issues set in motion during Half-Life 2. You've done critical damage to the Citadel. The whole place is going to go up, taking out City 17 and what's in its immediate radius. You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city getting up close and personal with some of the creatures and sights from the end of the game." Interestingly, apart from a few ambiguous illustrative captions, the PCG piece at no stage makes it 100 per cent explicit that Alyx's sidekick will be Gordon. However, writer Tim Edwards has subsequently clarified that you do play as Gordon in Aftermath.

I too would have liked Cpl. or Sgt. (not Col.! ;) ) Shepard to make a comeback...why else did the G-man put him in suspension? :( Having said that, there's mentioning of Shepard fighting in the 7-hour war iirc. In one of the newspaper articles on the wall somewhere. Meh.

According to Valve they want to get the maximum out of their engine in the XP, as they've become 'really, really good' at it by now. If this isn't some lame salespitch (which it can very well be :D ) it should be great. Having seen the stuff they did in HL2 one can only hope for the best if they're gonna stretch source to its limits.

read about I'll I'm yakking about here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58579

- Coach

Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:26 am
Marquis

Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]