It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Evil Genius 
Minor Diety

Post Evil Genius
Anyone here playing it? Been at it for a while now, and I'm enjoying it. The pace is sometimes a bit slow (gathering money especially), but the feel and the fun rule.

For anyone who doesn't know the game: you're an evil genius (duh), who's plotting for world domination. You start to build an evil lair in a mountain on a distant island, fending off secret agents and misleading tourists with a cover-up hotel business. It sounds very much like the james bond-dr. evil type of villain, and it is like it too. :)

At its core it's like Dungeon Keeper, but different. Especilly the minion management and stuff (you don't directly control them here). You can gather henchmen (those are controllable) and train minions into specialized classes, like valets, guards and so on. And you can send your minions and henchmen on missions to retrieve money, artifacts, allies, or just to increase your evil notoriety over the planet. :)

Bleh, enough yakking, here are some screens. Now excuse me, I've gotta build a doomsday device ("I call it...the Alan Parsons Project")

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:10 am
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:12 am
Duke

cool as :mrgreen: perfectly suited to your evil tendancies ox.
Is it a pretty old game?

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:46 am
Minor Diety

hehe, yeah, I'm having a blast. I feel like a right Dr. Evil. ;) It's brand new tho, came out a week ago!

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:52 am
Duke

yeah, i had a squiz around, downloading the demo :mrgreen: damn good games coming out during exams !!! *shakes fist*

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:05 am
Minor Diety

Hehe...yeah, there's a ****load of superb games coming out. :o Half-Life 2, Evil Genius, Rome: Total War, Warhammer: Dawn of War, Star Wars Battlefront, CoD: United Offensive...after the lame holiday period I'm all for it. Plus, I got time to spare at the start of the year! (Sorry Suga ;) hehe )

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:10 am
Duke

lol, i'll have all of december, january february free :mrgreen: the whole of summer cos uni's don't start til March...... there will be some serious gaming going on!!

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:11 am
Felix Rex

lol, suga's more of a gam-a-holic than me.

I've been watching for this game awhile. Worth it then, eh? hehe. I may have to acquire a copy then. :)

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, it's pretty cool. :) I do hope they'll make it easier to acquire cash tho (with a patch or so), right now it's sometimes just sitting and waiting for cash. Which sucks. :( But if you mean acquiring there's nothing stopping you of course. :)

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:21 am
Duke

lol I get really tired of games real quickly though Satis :oops:

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:24 am
Minor Diety

I think that's a trait that most hard-boiled gamers share. :( Me and Satis were talking about that some time ago, iirc. Either games used to be much more worthwhile of long-term attention or our attention span has shortened dramatically. :D

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:28 am
King

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:29 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

yea, agree on attention span. Every once in a while I'll find some game that really addicts me, but most of the time I'll play for a week (maybe up to 3!) and then just get sick of it and do something else.

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Same here, only game ive been faithful to is Devastation, rest are forgotten :D A week ago i finished Ground control 2 and emperor battle for dune with atreides and now the games are on the shelf and i dont want play them anymore. Anyway im gonne go look if the game is sold here. Looks really nice and the story seams interesting.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Minor Diety

Btw, I might add that Evil Genius is a relatively hard game to master. Just that it has a lot of options and stuff. On the other hand, those are usually the most fun when you do succeed. Bleh. Picard Out.

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next